1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

2. ModernTeen Brahmachari

ModernTeen Brahmachari Fapstronaut

Now I am no more anxious to talk with anybody and I am also along the popular kids in my new academic year of my college.

3. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

Still going strong , but there has been a dip in my productivity .

4. i89rt5

i89rt5 Fapstronaut

half way done, you get this!

5. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

try to have a steady sleep and wake up schedule, that will help you sleep better.

however, when facing insomnia, it´s useless to roam in the bed, get up and do something. then after a while try to sleep again. however during the wake time, make a rule to not engage in any electronic devices (tv, mobile, laptop, etc...). none whatsoever. because the fatigue and lack of focus will make you a easy prey for the addiction.

i´ve relapsed many times in the past due to insomnia, and only when i did a specific plan for insomnia, i stop relapsing that way.

i hope this helps :)

6. RiseToGreatness

Hear hear!!! :emoji_ok_hand::emoji_muscle:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  7. RiseToGreatness

well, you don´t need to be afraid of stages or time zones. it seems to me that what you´re really lacking is coping skills to deal with strong urges. and you need this knowledge because when urges gets stronger, they must be tackled, or they can easily override us.

so, my main recommendation to deal with strong urges is: cold showers, meditation and workouts. these will help you reduce the steam a lot.

however if by any reason, you feel that you´re on the brink of collapse, then you must activate the emergency protocol.

what i recommend is:
    1- physically relax (meditate, breath deeply,...) 2- engage in self-talk 3- do light exercises (light! don´t force yourself in this moment) 4- do positive afirmations to compensate the black hole of craving. dedicate the sacrifice of not giving in, to your highest version, the man that you want to be.

and that´s it ;)

for more details, check "my story and tips", on the signature ;)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  8. RiseToGreatness

amazing brother!! :) very good, keep it up!!! :)

9. RiseToGreatness

Checking in Fellowship!!! :)

my back pain has reduced, but still here. the urges have also reduced so it´s good. overall the day was better than yesterday :).

i noticed that in the last days my social anxiety has dropped a lot, i can look and talk to people easily, especially girls, with more confidence and sympathy. it´s great :). i guess i´m really improving.

Checking out my friends :). Have a great day!! ;)

Here´s a classic to boost the spirit.

10. BloomWasTaken

BloomWasTaken Fapstronaut

Day 2 - Relapsed

So this one was pretty stupid, I was so caught up in the whole "gotta stick to my routine" thing from yesterday that when I had an urge come out of nowhere I just basically forgot about the list I made to help with the urges and so I just relapsed because I didn't know what to do and it eventually overwhelmed me.
    I'm not too upset about this relapse because I know exactly what I did wrong and how to prevent it next time: Don't focus 100% on one aspect of the addiction, I need to maintain a balance of keeping my guard up but also not letting my life revolve around my addiction. I need to understand that keeping myself busy and distracted with activities helps with dealing with urges as well as helps decrease the amount of urges, but I also need to be ready for when an urge does inevitably eventually arrive and I need to be prepared with the necessary steps to deal with those urges.

11. hakihitoro

hakihitoro Fapstronaut

12. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Feel you bro, I have the same in front of me and can't help but feel some fear of the unknown , of ' just in case 'it goes south and ending up worse than before. I guess the only way for us to forge forward if to learn to live the way of faith...

13. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Had a weird but productive day with very strong urges.Got over them and feel calm now. One of the things that helped me was a walk with steps-breaths count and another was a positive mental attitude-never give up but if something is not working keep looking for solution that works.:)

14. Squiddy

Squiddy Fapstronaut

15. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 23

Feeling better, had a great morning where I did some writing and reading. I'm rather stressed about how to schedule my weekend, as I have various people I'd like to see, but also would like to get some work done. I'll figure it out. I spend too much time worrying about such things. Ultimately, rationally, I know it won't be perfect and that's no big deal.

Cold shower this morning. I've gotten out of the swing of meditation, but will do some today in about five minutes. Prayer has been rather informal throughout the day, which is fine, but I'd like to get back to the rosary. I will workout tonight, too.

Hasta la vista till tomorrow.

16. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Checking in. All good :) Observing urges and redirecting my thoughts back to my goals seems to be working.

17. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

18. Little Challenger

Little Challenger Fapstronaut

Day 10, and I just relapsed... I dont know why, when I have had no PMO for 9 days, I body feels sick, I can't sleep well, sometimes I feel dizzy, and I feel anxious for no reason, it is this morning that I woke up I had a strong desire to relapse, and then, as you can see, again I go back to my very beginning.
    I dont know if the sickness I struggled with is the effect of the addiction, and when it occurs how could I deal with it, I sincerely seek for your help!

19. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Thanks bro!! I'll save that emergency protocol in a easy-reaching place!!

20. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 1. I’ll never give up. I’m still modifying my strategy until I can prevent the most of the triggers that I usually have.