1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My friends don't seem to understand how it feels to be single for nearly a decade

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by TheLoneWolf88, Oct 17, 2021.

1. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

Basically the loneliness hits hard every so often, but it's hard to be yourself when that thought is like a splinter in the back of your mind. Being alone for that long messes with someone's mind.

Getting ignored or ghosted by every woman on dating apps, yet I'm too anxious and awkward to do this in real life, but I might have to.

2. E31

E31 Fapstronaut

One can master dating apps with good results, but still its a harsh environment.
    I totally get the pain and the only thing that helped me was getting out there, the longer we isolate ourselves the harder it gets.
    But that can always change!
    I don't know what you are currently doing but I'm sure there is lots of ways we can improve that and get you out there ;)

All the love, all the power!

3. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

Some people I know said they found their special someone when they weren't even looking. I might have to go down that route as I'm done dealing with all the heartache. Funny thing is, I'm not even trying that hard.

4. E31

E31 Fapstronaut

Thats often the case, yes. But you still have to be "out there" you know? ;)

5. MarioCorrelos

MarioCorrelos Fapstronaut

Regarding your post title, I felt exactly that some years ago. I felt so lonely, not only in a physical way, but also because people could not relate to what I was feeling. Anybody I told about how I felt had never felt that way, so they couldn't relate. And this sucks awfully.

6. HitB

HitB Fapstronaut

I feel your pain. Getting ghosted sucks. Big time. Drove me insane for a bit a while back. But hang in there. And I would agree with E31. The more you put yourself out there and physically interact, the more "practiced" you'll likely become--not only in approaching women, but also in socializing, thereby becoming less anxious and awkward. YOU CAN DO IT! (said with unashamed hypocrisy)

I've referred someone else to this article because I like it a lot. But here it is: http://www.rebtnetwork.org/ask/may06.htm. Go to the Fear of Approaching Women section. It's by Dr. Albert Ellis, counseling psychologist who came up with his methods through experimenting on himself. An interesting story at the very least :emoji_joy:

7. TheCarver

TheCarver Fapstronaut

you agree with everything i said in my thread?