1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

2. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

3. bob200

bob200 Fapstronaut

Day 23

On the verge of a relapse. I’m afraid this would be my last day…

Yesterday all I did was fish. And today I feel even worse.

The stress level in my life is reaching a crescendo.

Yesterday was my girlfriend’s first day of school in her Master’s degree (the reason we even moved to Berlin) and she was so stressed out that I was also completely stressed out. But even after she went to the Uni, I just felt “off”. I’m not sure if it a saying in English, but in Hebrew there is a term “Voltage Drop” that refers to the feeling you get after you’ve been stressed out for so long that the moment that you reach some threshold you just collapse. It’s been months that we have both been on edge waiting for her to start school, and all this time I just took care of her and put her first and now that I need to get back and take care of myself I just broke down.

All I did yesterday was trying to distract myself so I wouldn’t have to think to hard. I watched a lot of stand up and nice things like that, but at some point, I wanted to watch a movie and the first thing on Netflix was the wolf of Wall Street and my dumbass pushed play on the most triggering movie ever.

And to top it off, I’ve gotten a job interview tomorrow after not having a job for two years. And I’m just so stressed about it. And shit I am not handling everything great. I need to study to pass this interview so I can’t just walk away from my computer for that day… I have to find a way to both be productive and to not break and relapse.

Seriously, any suggestions or advice would be great.

Thank you all.

4. Chi405

Chi405 Fapstronaut

5. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

472 days high king
    541 days no PMO, semen retention

6. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship :(. unfortunatelly i have fallen, the pressure of the last days was too much and i collapse due to it.

bad insomnia night, get up from bed like 5 times, super horny, and at 5 am i collapse. still lot´s of good stuff happened and i learn a lot. i notice that the planning of the day can´t be too tight, it must a bit loose to not create unnecessary pressure. my fishing of the last 3 days was based on discontent because of too much tasks, only last night i realize that.

so, if you feel pressure it´s better to loose a bit and have some rest time. listen to your body, that´s my advice.

anyway, i made proper changes in my day planning from now on :).

plus, on this streak i reached 90 days in hard mode (no sex) which was an old milestone of mine. something that Universal Man recommends that everyone should go through, so this goal was conquered ;)

step by step brothers, we´ll get there :).

Sorry for the relapse, i didn´t see this bump on the road.

7. Bucketo

Bucketo Fapstronaut

Day 2 for me. Last night wasn’t too bad, although when I laid down to sleep my brain immediately went to the thought of MOing before I remembered that I’m trying not to do that. YouTube has been harder to kick, I wanted to listen to podcasts/videos all day yesterday at work. I left my headphones at home today so that I can’t be tempted. Meeting with a friend for dinner tonight, should be fun.

8. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Make strategies to reduce the levels of stress:
    -Make exercise
    -Paint a Mandala
    -Meditation
    -Take deep breath as we say here
    -Remember the urges are temporary, they will pass

And say to urges go away , nice try but i will not fall on that option, i'm a hobbit!, i worked hard to reach here.

[​IMG]

9. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

My dream of getting to Christmas with a 90 day streak has come to an end. I relapsed after my highest streak.

My goal now is to enter Chirstmas with a 60 day streak.

10. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

11. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

12. That's a shame, but after such a long streak I don't think you hurt yourself much. Just go on with life and keep the tracker going. I hope you make it to KING or further this time!

13. JonShawn

JonShawn Fapstronaut

14. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

15. BloomWasTaken

BloomWasTaken Fapstronaut

Day 1 - Relapsed

I don't want to seem like I'm making excuses but I was very, very anxious today because I planned to meet a girl today, and we scheduled a specific time to meet and hang out so the build up was getting worse and worse and worse. I went out for a walk, worked out, showered, etc etc, the anxiety just kept coming back and then all of this anxiety caused the urge (since I used to PMO to manage my emotions and deal with things like stress, anxiety, etc). I would like to think this is another very specific and unique situation for my relapse and I knew that once I met and hung out with her I'd realise I had nothing to worry about but the anxiety and nervousness got way too overwhelming.

I just have to pick myself back up and keep going. Now that I know things are fine because everything went great after meeting up with her I should be back to my usual self.

Time to beat my record again! :)

16. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

Not to worry bro, you've made it to 90 days several times so you are experienced and know what to do. Back to basics I guess ;)

17. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

Checking in. I'm slacking on my routines a lot and I'm just going with the flow. I realise it's a dangerous thing, but I'll try to come back.

18. hewm

hewm Fapstronaut

Checking in. Day 5. Keeping busy with clean entertainment. I guess it would be better to do productive stuff to keep busy

19. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Sorry for you bro, but also congrats for making it until 90 days!

I feel like there's a commom thing that makes us fall when we reach an important milestone. I've been thinking and observing that since my last relapse. It seems that we tend to relapse when we reach a certain amount of days that are full of meaning (like one week, one month, three months...) or when we reach our last biggest streak. I still don't know the causes for this phenomenon, but I guess it's related to the brain's reward system that demands a celebration for those achievements. When we don't deliberatly celebrate it, our subcounscious leads us to relapse, for sexual indulgence is one of the strongest ways of pleasure. Maybe, a possible solution would be prizing yourself when reaching it, like eating junk food, going to the cinema, or whatever makes us feel nice but without considering if it's healthy or not (of course, nothing related to pmo).

Have you guys gone through this and have an observation to make?

20. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut