1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

2. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

475 days high king
    544 days no PMO, semen retention

3. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

That could have helped. What really did it was being confused what counted as masturbation. I had a small incident that I wasn't sure if counted as simply touching or light masturbation or what... I wasn't even hard. It was certainly nothing even in the same universe as your standard PMO kinda relapse, and I'm still not sure if it would have counted. I got hit extremely hard by thoughts like "well you blew it, you might as well just be sure it's a relapse!" which I think was my addicted brain creeping up again looking for an excuse. It was strange, I got thrown into a very odd headspace and wasn't thinking right.

4. hakihitoro

hakihitoro Fapstronaut

5. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

6. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

7. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

8. Chi405

Chi405 Fapstronaut

9. Bucketo

Bucketo Fapstronaut

Day 2 - Orc

I got a library card! I picked up some longer fantasy books (The Name of the Wind, The Way of Kings, Dragonriders of Pern). Should be a good source of non digital media to keep me occupied while not doing PMO or YouTube. Cravings were less last night. I’m reminding myself that this is for younger me, he needs me to be strong, and that helps me keep my head straight. Hope everyone is doing well.

10. Bucketo

Bucketo Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear about the interview. Congrats on 4 days! I don’t mean to pry, but is this depression new, or something that’s been around for a while? It might be worth it to consider seeing a therapist. As someone recovering from long term depression, I get a bit triggered when I see someone saying that “sadness” is the true state of the world. It might be temporary and I have no idea what you’re life is like. I just know that quitting an addiction while severely depressed will be much harder than if you were at a normal mood/energy level.

11. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

yep, that´s seem like a good old addiction excuse to me :D.

in the future, for similar events, when you´re in doubt, ask yourself this: "is it fair to reset the counter?" and follow the answer.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  12. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 5. Another day on my path of reboot. Stay strong brothers and sisters :emoji_muscle::emoji_relaxed:

13. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship!! :)

Slipped again last night. i think i wasn´t really ready to start a new streak. even thought we´re always in a recovery journey, it seems everytime that i start a new streak, i need a warriors scream to wake the fuck up.

[​IMG]

I´ve done it, so now i´m ready brothers! Let´s do this :emoji_muscle:

@Talz brother, i´ve notice that you also slipped when reached 90 days.

the list of incidents on special marks goes on and on, so it seems clear by now, that personal milestones creates an additional pressure to rebooters.

so, i suggest everyone to take a look at their streak, and notice when an important milestone appears in the horizont. expect extra pressure by then, be prepared and plan a proper celebration when the mark is achieved. that will also help decompress ;).

My important milestones are:

15 days (hobbit)
    70 days - when i feel that i have a big streak (ego trap)
    90 days - a classic milestone
    150 days - a milestone of recovery in dopamine receptors
    365 days - 1 year
    500 days - end of the LOTR challenge - Destruction of the ring
    730 days - 2 years. A sure mark that the reboot has been acomplished by now. This mark will surely not lead to a slip but it definitely deserves to be celebrated :D

Checking out brave Fellowship!!!

Let´s do this.

14. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

No mercy with the pm! , let's go!
    [​IMG]

15. hakihitoro

hakihitoro Fapstronaut

16. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

17. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

18. BloomWasTaken

BloomWasTaken Fapstronaut

Day 1 - Orc

Good day today, my Dad's been getting into VR lately so I've been playing that with him which has been really nice.

19. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

0 days. Relapsed, need to start over. Don't exactly know how to proceed, but will try to come up with some kind of plan.