1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why women have difficulties crossing streets?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by modern milarepa, Oct 30, 2021.

1. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

I asked myself today this question when I was driving across town. All my life I've seen when a woman is crossing a street specially if there are cars and no stoplight somehow they miscalculate how to pass the street they go fast, slow or really fast without need. They look awkward.

They even laugh while crossing it if they are with other girls perhaps out of nervousness as if crossing a street where something wild to do.

When I see a man crossing a street or me for example we are more calm we can walk it slowly or accelerate if needed and it doesn't look awkward.

I wonder why this is. Right now I just got the impression is a primitive lack in women of being outside the world.

Since prehistoric times and not just until recently in the 21 century women spent more time at home not so much in the outside world.

We as men spent since prehistoric times hunting being outside so our spacial awareness is more evolve than a woman.

Why do you think women have problems crossing a street? Or you think they don't?

Ghost79 likes this.
  2. she-dernatinus

she-dernatinus Fapstronaut

I think you need to take a look on African women, in their native African countries to really see how skilled they are. You'll see them all the time crossing the street without a care in the world, all while carrying heavy baskets on top of their heads.

That is to say, I have no idea where you got this impression.

3. lamb_of_god

lamb_of_god Fapstronaut

because they're too busy thinking about shopping haha gottem

4. I mean, I knew chicks in high school who would cross the road in such a no fucks given manner that even I envy.

5. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

I've never taken the time to notice.

I will say 9/10 when I get cut off in traffic (Such as 6 times yesterday) the driver is a woman. Is it because they're impatient? Selfish? Distracted? Fuck if I know, I'm not trying to get banned.

What I will say is whenever I drive downtown I will have kids, men, and women hop right out in front of me on busy streets without a care in the world. Most of these people showcase visible signs of drug addiction and alcoholism, so they don't care.

6. It is Finished

It is Finished Fapstronaut

I know my sister drives like a maniac. I think it’s because women can’t control their stress response quite like men. So when they’re late for something or whatever they have a break down. And because they’re late for things so often, it becomes there normal way of driving even when not late.

7. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

That is the main reason IMO. That is why a disproportionate percentage of women (compared to men) struggle with parallel parking; knowing the width of their vehicle; judging speed and distance. Of course, there are exceptions to the rule with both genders. Hmm... are we allowed to say "both genders" now? Idk.

8. FirefromAbove

Whenever something like this happens. Such as tardiness, I slow down time and take it from there. Plan ahead and drive accordingly. Will I drive fast? If I can fuck yeah, I drive fast normally. Will I drive like a deranged animal? Fuck no because that puts everyone else at risk.

Women have a higher cortisol response to stress than men which makes sense.

modern milarepa likes this.
  9. DefendMyHeart

DefendMyHeart Fapstronaut

Where would I find this information? Everything I've seen so far has shown that men produce higher levels of cortisol in association with stress than women. The ones I've seen about women producing more are those who produce higher levels of estrogen, such as women who have endometriosis for example. Would appreciate the information if you have a link handy

10. DefendMyHeart

Archeological evidence shows that prehistoric women hunted big game and worked just as hard as prehistoric men, just FYI.

11. modern milarepa

Why there are no F1 female drivers. If we are the same as woman in regards of spatial awareness and driving skills.

It's in the rules women can drive in F1 and some have done it

12. modern milarepa

Are men better drivers than women?

13. FirefromAbove

It was an article on the differences between women and men in policing that showed men handle stress much better than woman.

Its a scholarly article, I’ll have to dig through that course shell. Ill be more than happy to link it when i get home.

14. DefendMyHeart

According to statistics, men have more accidents than women and men fail driving tests more often than women.
    if you consider this data and look at how they figure car insurance rates in the US, women generally have cheaper car insurance plans than men (until men turn 25 or unless they're married) because of this data. So I suppose it depends greatly on how you interpret the data

frosties and Psalm27:1my light like this.
  15. DefendMyHeart

That would be great. Thanks!

16. DefendMyHeart

Maybe they don't want to?

Psalm27:1my light likes this.
  17. NothingMoreNothingLess

NothingMoreNothingLess Fapstronaut

I want to take a read as well. From my personal experience, it seems most women I know enjoy stress more than men. That is why women are more likely to stir drama with their other female friends while men just sit on the couch watching television and don’t care. But I believe it depends what kind of stress you mention. Psychological stress? Physical stress? Mental stress? Social stress? I studied spiritual reasonings for this with the help of the Yin and Yang.
    [​IMG]

You are correct. It is actually a fact in psychology when I studied it that men are more spatially aware than women. This is why there are usually arguments with a husband and wife when mentioning directions on a road trip. It is not sexist. It’s just each gender has its advantages and disadvantages created from evolution and adaptation.

18. FirefromAbove

I believe it manifests more physically, but I can be wrong.

I'm trying to get access to old course shell so I can share it.

19. FirefromAbove

I can't access the course shell as it's been a year since I took it.

But I'm if you use academic premier and/or google scholar with the words "Women stress policing" you'll find analyses that report women to experience more stress when exposed to tragic events than men do. Also it should talk about the differences in stress manifestation between men and women. I believe women are more susceptible to health conditions and psychological conditions than men are, while men are more disposed to drug addictions and the sort.

Both can do the job equally well, but it's a matter of how intensely it affects them.

This isn't the focus of the topic, but studies like these show differences.

20. she-dernatinus

she-dernatinus Fapstronaut

There is a good amount of such men in this platform. They neglect a lot the fact that females and males are raised with different ideals and roles, especially in male dominated societies.

And everytime they try to formulate some theory about human gender behavior, it's only without taking such important factor into consideration.

DefendMyHeart likes this.