1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Has Meditation Helped You?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by modern_asceticism, Nov 3, 2021.

1. modern_asceticism

modern_asceticism New Fapstronaut

Hi,

I know many nofappers mention that meditation has supported them in quitting. I've heard wild stories of how people who fapped 3-5 times a day for 7 years now only have "O" a few times a year.

Want I am curious about is they type of meditation that you do and how exactly it helps you with nofap?

Buddhism Is True and wicket like this.
  2. wicket

wicket Fapstronaut

Without it I fall apart. Come undone at the seams. With it is the only way now.

3. Changed my life. See the link in my signature.

4. young Dale Dan Tony

young Dale Dan Tony Fapstronaut

I have heard stories that the recovery is going way quicker if you meditate everyday, i have done it for 1 week now 10 min a day. No huge improvements yet

5. Teapot

Teapot Fapstronaut

It helps me to keep going and not break my streak (so far, lol).

It helps me to not sit around and lust for PMO all day, like I thought I would when anticipated the idea of quitting.

In meditation you are supposed to not mentally label feelings and/or thoughts, not surpress them, not act upon them, but watch them silently and let them be.

When I apply the same technique towards any kind of urges, it helps dealing with them. It allows more control over my behavior, even while an urge is present.

I can have the physical feeling without thinking "uh, that's a very strong urge, if I don't act upon it now, imagine how bad will it get later?! Better act upon the urge soon!"

This removes (or rather, lessens to a great extent) a big part of the problem, the mental part. The physical part is very benign after that in comparison.

I guess I don't need to meditate every morning to deal with urges during the day, but I strongly feel it helps to exercise this technique in a kind-of safe environment at first (ignoring thoughts and focusing on breath), so that when an actual urge comes I am better prepared to deal with it.