1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. ctr

ctr Fapstronaut

Checking in. Things under control at the moment and no recent temptations. Dread the winter months but this time I'll be extra vigilant. Gotta stay busy and focused. Yearmark is around the corner.

@JustinThyme Congrats on 500+ days, mate! You're an inspiration to us all. Please continue filling us in on how you're doing. Cheers!

artifact, JJ_Kino and marksaysay like this.
  2. Coming up on day 30 for the second time in the last year. For the last few months I have found it nigh impossible to get past the first few days, so I'm delighted to be here.
    I hope everyone is keeping well.

artifact, ctr and JJ_Kino like this.
  3. Checking in and going strong on a long streak!

JJ_Kino, artifact and Bernard O. like this.
  4. Bernard O.

Bernard O. Fapstronaut

Slipped a couple times last week. I know I can do better.

JJ_Kino and artifact like this.
  5. @Presence108 - You have been added to the member ranking. Welcome to the group!

JJ_Kino likes this.
  6. Presence108

Presence108 Fapstronaut

How's it feel? I usually can't manage the energy after 10-15 days.

JJ_Kino and NICEDUDE like this.
  7. mukmewx

mukmewx Fapstronaut

Here I am, just checking in. It’s strange, I really want to give in but I also want to continue about the same amount, so here I am.

JJ_Kino, NICEDUDE and artifact like this.
  8. Ik2

Ik2 Fapstronaut

Checking in. Just another day.

Wanttosucceed and JJ_Kino like this.
  9. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Acted out on day 71...Preparing myself for another marathon streak. Initial goal is to remain clean for the remaining days of November! Good old buddies of this group! @JJ_Kino , @artifact @GottaBFree, lets collectively pledge to end the year with a positive attitude!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    GottaBFree, artifact and JJ_Kino like this.
  10. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Though I acted out on day 71, I would like to share the benefits:
    Muscles become stronger and conspicuous
    Ability to concentrate increases exponentially
    There is a glow in the face which helps the opposite sex to differentiate men from the boys
    Semen retention affects the thought process for it helps you to move on in life leaving behind all the regrets, sets the platform to create new goals and formulate strategies to achieve them
    Soul starts to yearn for the Holy Spirit more intensely

True it's difficult to control the sexual energy after retaining the vital seed for few weeks. Walking does help you to overcome urges! Further it's extremely vital to identify the reason for retaining your seed. The arduous journey gets easier once you can identify the "why"!

artifact, JJ_Kino and marksaysay like this.
  11. mukmewx

mukmewx Fapstronaut

Boy, sometimes the urge hits you like a ton of bricks! I visited this site instead! :D

JJ_Kino likes this.
  12. mukmewx

mukmewx Fapstronaut

It also sometimes helps when the urge hits me at night when i'm so tired, like I wouldn't enjoy it anyway, so just don't, haha

artifact and JJ_Kino like this.
  13. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

I'm all in bro, let's do this !

GottaBFree, artifact and NICEDUDE like this.
  14. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Boss post!

Thank you sir.

I want to achieve those dizzy heights again like last year and early this year.

Let's have it.

GottaBFree, artifact and NICEDUDE like this.
  15. marksaysay

marksaysay Fapstronaut

Day 50. Since it's a nice and round number, I thought I'd share some of what's happening.

First, it's absolutely amazing to say I've gone 50 days. I can't ever remember, since the age of about 25, going even 10 days. Thank you, Lord. I feel great!

I have urges occasionally but I've learned to deal with them. I've been so focused on so many other things to even concern myself with PMO right now.

1. I've got several goals I'm pursuing, both business and personal.
    2. My daily habits have drastically changed.
    3. I'm on my 4th book since I restarted reading...lol. It's been 10 years or more since I actually read 1 book.
    4. I seem to always be thinking of ways to improve, whether spiritually, materially, mentally, physically, etc.
    5. I've got way more confidence, I'm more outgoing, and I seem to just enjoy life, whatever life throws at me.
    6. I meditate, usually multiple times a day. It's become an integral part of my day.
    7. I'm more willing to try new things, as opposed to the predictable way of life I'd been living.
    8. I take more risks and I'm definitely more assertive.

If I sat and continued to think, I could probably go on for quite a while. You all get the point. Things are different!!!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    ctr, GottaBFree, NICEDUDE and 4 others like this.
  16. getbetter2000

getbetter2000 Fapstronaut

Checking In and slipped a few times this week and again just now - so back to 0 Days. It seems since I lost my streak, I'm having trouble getting a new streak started. =/

GottaBFree and JJ_Kino like this.
  17. Ok - reset here please…

GottaBFree likes this.
  18. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Reset today.

I'm determined to get to the new year, full semen retention let's go.

19. mukmewx

mukmewx Fapstronaut

Thanks for the encouragement! Still going strong! For me it helps a lot to have my wife. My goal is to only orgasm with her. So far so good! The hard part is that she isn’t in the best of health so we sometimes go a month or longer without intercourse. So that’s my struggle and why I need this site.

artifact and GottaBFree like this.
  20. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I'm starting to get the right mindset together for a good streak. When I first got started on this site I had a 60 or 61 and a second 56ish streak. I got a huge PAWS attack I didn't understand at the time. Hoping to get that far again. It would be nice to have that problem again lol.

Sex doesn't have anything to do with PM. I truly believe it's more of a mind game to link them and excuse indulging the addict brain. If you have sex there is the chaser effect and if you don't for a while things get all crazy, but that has nothing to do with PM. I feel a lot more healthy in my mindset since settling on this idea.

Also, I don't panic as much when I have had resets and I'm appropriately unhappy.

It's such a simple dumb addiction. I don't know why solving it feels like rocket science mixed with PHD level self counseling lol.

I appreciate the support. I'm not going anywhere but I feel like checking in less often. I'm going to do less than once a month and plan to be here for years. It's important to not forget why I do this and checking in periodically helps with that. It's on me to succeed or fail but this will always be a great tool. 10 days or so seems right for me now