1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Unvers, Jun 18, 2018.

1. October1031

October1031 New Fapstronaut

Hey, I also suffer from POIS. How did you find out about the ginger tea and how well does it help? Are you cured from POIS symptoms now? Also I do believe there are different causes to POIS and that may have helped your cause. Which symptoms did you have? Mine consist of brain fog, fatigue, cognitive difficulties, short term memory loss, impaired vision, and anxiety. Thanks for the tip though I will try Ginger Tea.

2. minimi1

minimi1 New Fapstronaut

Hello good people, i'm on nofap since 2015 mostly hard mode i too suffer from POIS, but one thing i discover is that recover period for me is faster if i don't let semen out (injaculation) i do that by pressing my pe**s so hard to not let semen get out (it still get out a little)... 2-3 days symptoms last, but if i normally ejaculate all i have, symptoms last much longer sometimes over 2 weeks, i can't even imagine how long would multiple ejaculations be hard for me, i don't dare to try ever... So your guys theories about how semen is important and we should not waste it is correct and i do believe we should only ejaculate when we wants to impregnate women, that is for me only common sense.

Davidphd1866 likes this.
  3. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

I certainly agree with you. Nice post. Thank you and welcome to the site.

minimi1 likes this.
  4. abouttime19

abouttime19 Fapstronaut

Below is the criteria for POIS.

It's odd because they describe it as "flu-like" illness.
    I have all the symptoms except the flu-like illness.
    Meeting the criteria is quite easy bc you only need one.
    So not sure why this is considered rare...

upload_2021-11-15_22-11-9.png

Davidphd1866 likes this.
  5. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

Thank you for posting this. I suspect, like you, this is not nearly as rare as people think. I feel that part of the reason we don't hear about it is that most men would almost rather die than to find out that medically they are wise not to ejaculate.

In my case, I have zero doubt: I am healthier if I do not ejaculate. Yet, I still want to.

6. abouttime19

abouttime19 Fapstronaut

I'm just curious why only some men have this issue.
    Like there are plenty of guys out there that laugh at NoFap, most likely due to the fact they don't feel the aftereffect.

So I'm thinking that there's genetic component.
    Maybe our testosterone levels are low? Not sure...

7. I feel ill whenever I relapse because I've actually desensitized myself to the feelings after an orgasm due to having so many shitty experiences with them. I get colds and flu whenever I jerk off through a placebo effect that was never present when I first started orgasming.

Davidphd1866 likes this.
  8. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

I think the over-masturbation helps to bring about POIS. For the last 3 or 4 years I can essentially trace ALL of my petty illnesses to a masturbation session. If I keep hands off, I feel fine. Horny, but fine.