1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

the READING challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by frosties, Dec 26, 2021.

1. frosties

frosties Fapstronaut

Howdy everyone!

Welcome to the reading challenge that will hopefully help you replacing PMO urges with reading books you like.

The rules are :

Each day, you announce here how many pages of your book you plan to read, even if it's only one page. On the evening you edit your previous message with "reading complete" if you've read all pages or "did not complete" if you haven't.

To make this into an actual challenge, with each successful day you can increase your score, for instance if you've had 5 successful days already this month, you can write 5/30. I will very shortly add ranks etc to this challenge!

Good luck!

2. frosties

frosties Fapstronaut

4 years ago I used this accountability system on Habitica and I read around 7 books, even if I wasn't much of a reader before.

Still, I haven't read an entire book in a long time so let's get back to it!

Today I will read 10 pages of la Payback's a witch by Lana Harper.

Edit : challenge completed for the day :emoji_books:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  3. This is a good idea, good challenge.
    I have to buy some books and try to read more.

4. frosties

frosties Fapstronaut

Great! What books do you have in mind?

5. Maras

Maras Fapstronaut

Aight, I'm joining this one. I'll read ten pages today !

Edit: Completed !

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  6. New Journey

New Journey Fapstronaut

Interesting challenge. I always forget how enjoyable reading is. I plan to read at least 30 pages tomorrow.

7. I read 25 pages of The Picture of Dorian Gray, I join mates to this amazing challenge actuall I'm on my 15 day of reading each day

Euclidean Geometry and frosties like this.
  8. frosties

frosties Fapstronaut

I'm going to read 15 more pages today, incrementing the number of pages each day to ease back into reading.

Thank you all for joining! Let's read our way through life haha

Edit : I read 25 pages and it's only 9am so I'll probably read even more today :) Goal met!

Edit of Edit : 50 pages and going
    15th day, wow congrats!

As I said I'll gamify the challenge with ranks and everything

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    Diomedes. likes this.
  9. yeah bro I hope this challenge keeps going, I wanted to do it as well but I'm glad you did it, I'm planning another challenges, the point of the nofap I think it's not only nofap but to aquire some good habits as well, is like being in a rehabilitation but learning a technique or profession as well, I hope this keeps growing

frosties likes this.
  10. This week I'm gonna buy the autobiography of Mike Tyson. "undisputed truth".
    I need to know more about this man.

Diomedes. likes this.
  11. Maras

Maras Fapstronaut

I really like your idea of gradually increasing the number of pages per day. I'll do it as well. @frosties

Diomedes. and frosties like this.
  12. frosties

frosties Fapstronaut

Yeah, when I first did this kind of challenge a few years back, I couldn't read To Kill A Mockingbird easily because English isn't my language (I'm French) so I used to read only 1-2 pages a day and it was a challenge but soon enough I finished the book and now I really know what baby steps means haha

Diomedes., Davy Black and Maras like this.
  13. Maras

Maras Fapstronaut

I'll be reading 20 pages today.

Edit: Completed

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    Diomedes. and frosties like this.
  14. frosties

frosties Fapstronaut

Wow, I was supposed to read 15 pages today but ended up really liking the book and I just finished it. Almost 300 pages today :D

Maras and Diomedes. like this.
  15. 30 pages of Oedipus at Colonus
    26 pages of the The Picture of Dorian Gray
    Let's Keep going mates

Maras and frosties like this.
  16. yeah it's a good practice to read in another language, it makes us very fluent, keep going mate

frosties likes this.
  17. Oh shiiiiit, this is right up my ally. I love reading, I also love writing. Today I wrote a bunch but only read 3 pages of The Writers Handbook. Quiet busy, but tomorrow I'll read 30 pages.

Diomedes. likes this.
  18. cool bro, do you like maths?, keep going on what you love and it's right

19. Ya, I like maths.

Diomedes. likes this.
  20. frosties

frosties Fapstronaut

3 pages is more than 0, the important thing is consistency and you read, that's good!

I have to find another book to read now, 10 pages today :)
    That way I don't take a big risk, if I find I don't like the book, 10 pages is still manageable.