1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship!! :)

Withdrawal is upon me, feeling tired, foggy and demotivated. I guess the holidays indulgence really paid a toll on my recovery. I will prepare myself better for new year´s celebration, that´s for sure.

Alone at work this morning again, strong urges, but i hang in :). at the afternoon i was in telework, so much less temptation ;)

Nothing more to add brotherhood. Here´s a great video from gold jacket luke on how to prevent binging ;).

Have a great day Fellowship!!! Love you all :)

2. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Checking in day 45. No big changes, not really productive and had some pudding and chocolates after every meal which had a bad influence on digestion.Watched two movies 'Book of Daniel' and documentary on Greed which made me feel like an out-date on the brink of catastrophe. Maybe certain ignorance is a bliss in a way...

3. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

4. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

5. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

So, how was your day ? Was it special the way you expected?

6. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

7. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Checking in friends
    All good so far thanks be to God. Nipping any urges in the bud. I forsee the tough time will be later this week as the return to work anxiety starts growing.

Also eating a lot, which is normal anyway considering this is winter time and it is the festive period, but due to the urges overeating has caused in the past, I've been going over my trigger plan below again - walking and getting out in the fresh air are absolutely key here

Today I am also renewing my commitment to stop all vanity/ arrogance and become humble - key to this is living in reality - this past weekend I have been acting up as a showman again, not very connected, breaking things, sugar, wheat & caffeine, little sleep. Today I had a good rest - key is to keep up breathing exercises that connect me to my core - in fact I will do one now

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  8. devsMind

devsMind Fapstronaut

43-Elf
    Last couple days I had limited time, overall maintained streak but recent days were full of gluttony and drunkenness. At some point I broke nearly all side quests maybe except gratitude as I can do it in like ad hoc 1min. I want to fix this and better myself-still glad that I was able to say no to PMO-regardless of urges and huge need to “test my content restriction”.
    Today was much more better!
    —Side Quests—
    :emoji_non-potable_water:NoAlcohol - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_lifter:Workout - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_shower:ColdShower - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_watermelon:HealthyDiet - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_chart_with_upwards_trend:Learning - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_atom:SideProject - Fail :emoji_x:
    :emoji_blush:Gratitude - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_yin_yang:Meditation - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_no_mobile_phones:NoYoutube - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_hourglass:PhoneLimit - Check :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    :emoji_om_symbol:Perfect_Streak::emoji_x:

9. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

10. timberfallen

timberfallen Fapstronaut

Day 33 - I wanted to head back home after visiting my family but snow in the Northwest had other plans. It's been tricky managing feelings of anger/resentment, but I'm working through it. Communicating and expressing my needs and calling others has proven to be helpful. My dad might be addicted to Youtube and it's sad seeing him watch so much stuff (nothing necessarily bad though like 5 or 6+ hours per day) after him warning us about the dangers of that growing up. I can't force anyone else to do anything they don't want to do though I have mentioned that I've noticed he's browsing quite a bit. I have to give up wanting control. Taking everything one day at a time.

11. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Hey! Yep it was pretty special. Got new glasses that I'm really liking and I met this girl...

The good thing is that the girl is great, really, its pretty hard to find a girl like this, so devoted, she is almost (or actually) a Saint in my opinion.
    And not as important: she is good looking.

The "bad thing" (that is not actually bad) is that I realised that she will probably become a sister or some other way of consecration. So I had to step away from the romantic way of thinking haha.
    This is funny because it's the second time it happens to me. The girls I like the most are the ones that really believe and love Christ... The "problem" (that is not actually a problem) is that this kind of girls are really close to consecration (as I am myself) so it's really hard to find one who wants to have a family or having a boyfriend haha.

Thank you for asking and reading :emoji_blush:

12. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Day 5
    I think I might be finally recovering from that 3-days-binge. I left the hospital with my grandpa, he couldn't be better and chemeo already started its work :D. I'll decided that I'll travel to the beach with my mates for new year's eve. I get really less likely to relapse when I spend time with my buddies. Also, I had a quite an enticing dream today and I thought about it a lot before getting up. This is a red flag, so I'm gonna get up as soon as I wake up tomorrow.

I discovered and app called Fortify, which has helped me a lot. It has a quite a good program and deep material about quiting PMO. I strongly recommend you.

13. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

14. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

15. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 15 complete!

I am a hobbit! I have once reached a 37 day streak then I fell and had a few short streaks during which I have learned the importance of fighting off small temptations that aren’t PM.

I continue no-phishing and thougt control, things are looking good. Though my relationship with my wife got better right now and I am horny for her, I must contain myself only for her.

16. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

Checking in.

I cannot PMO in this week because I'm not home alone. But I do feel horny or have urges. I'm not so sure which is which, or, how natural these feelings are. I often catch myself fantasizing (violent) sex a lot lately but I'm not fantasizing PMO.

17. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 0: Nazgûl (You were once a man, a King, now fallen to the power of PMO)

Trying again. Almost through the first day.

18. Day 2. Video chatted qith my Dad and mom. I was listening more and talking less. Otherwise, I'd usually be in a mode of banging my own opinions blon them and they'd get uninterested. I just couldn't stop reflecting how different both are. My Dad is entirely in his emotions, while my mother is entirely in her thoughts. I had to switch between my mode of communication to build rapport with both. My mother just doesn't have the capacity for emotions, but she likes to talk, speak her thoughts and socialize. While my dad is more in his emotions.

I'd like some focus in coming days. I've been extremely distracted thinking and pursuing girls.I will need to stop and get back to doing what truely matters.
    Day 2.

19. I can relate

20. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

I'm Nazgul. Day 0. My journay begins today. This is going to be another start but this time I will make it (not fake it). I try to have faith in myself.