1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Please don't tout this unhelpful advice; are you seriously recommending that recovering PMO addicts solicit prostitutes? I recognise you labelled these as controversial, but it's another thing entirely to recommend illegal behaviour to those who are struggling.

You mention 'not watching any girls on the streets, no fantasies about love, girls' - how does paying a woman to have sex with you match up with this advice?

2. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

sis, it´s different in every stage of the reboot. but i would say, that with 4 days in, the best way for you to deal with temptations, it´s to follow your day plan, and don´t be alone. that way you´ll feel safe and spare your willpower.

if you don´t feel like doing anything, which normally is the case in the beginning, then do a simple thing that needs to be done. just that, comply with a task, no matter how simple it is. you´ll feel a tiny dopamine hit, and then do the next thing, and so forth. after a while, inspiration will kick in and all becomes easier ;)

3. RiseToGreatness

that seems like a really nice movie bro. do you recommend it?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  4. RiseToGreatness

it´s probably withdrawal bro. irritation is pretty common in the first weeks. try to sleep well, eat well, hydrate, socialize, take cold showers and do workouts. that will help make the withdrawal easier, ah, and practice meditation on compassion. it´s great to boost self-awareness and calm the nerves ;)

5. RiseToGreatness

Congratulations Théoden King!!! We salute you :)

[​IMG]

Onward!!!!

6. RiseToGreatness

Checking in Fellowship!!! :)

Good day so far, this day i work at the office, alone all day, and the next days i will be in telework. i´m being dynamic right from the start so i don´t even feel any kind of hesitation about PMO.

the delicate period is now, after lunch, where my mood and energy crashes for about one hour, so i decided to come here to check on you warriors ;)

My company board of directors ask me to do a instagram account in order to promote the company. I´m a bit concerned because i know from your experience that instagram is plagued with triggers. can you give me a bit of advice on that? what dangers should i look out for?

Have a great day mighty Companion!! :) Checking out.

7. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

Day 1!
    An Orc, yestarday was a good one. Gang out with the girl that I'm dating and had sex. Felt good, the urges are low today. I have to focus in my work, study and projects of this new year. I worked out today!

Today is another day, so another challenge, so keeping strongh!

8. Snus9

Snus9 Fapstronaut

Day 11 - Day 1 in quarantine. Woke up very late today.. due to some late night gaming with some old friends - fun to catch up.

What a start of a new year eh..

On the bright side no urges :)

9. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Thanks brother !:)It's indeed by God's grace!

10. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Everybody picks his own path. As long as it doesn't hurt you it's good. For me @modern milarepa 's is too extreme. I guess this is what true ascetism was about. I won't go to such extremes. But I don't know a monk's life.

Anyway, I can suggest my private tip. I came up with it myself but perhaps it has already been mentioned somewhere. At the beginning of each month, after I get my salary, I calculate an amount that I transfer to a separate savings nofap account. It's the not much - the number of the days on nofap, but I multiply every streak by 2. It's another way to keep me accountable for my progress. Sometimes judging by the amount to transfer I realize if the month was more or less pathetic.

11. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Congrats bro!

12. Ionitoli

Ionitoli Fapstronaut

13. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

Congratulations!

14. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

End of day 3
    Nothing feels better than to say that 2022 is a nofap year so far :cool::)

15. hakihitoro

hakihitoro Fapstronaut

16. LiveLifeInABetterWay

LiveLifeInABetterWay Fapstronaut

Nearly the end of day 5. Today was a good day. A lot of things accomplished. On a good day to take responsibility for my life not just hiding from my to dos. It has been a long time since I finished so many things even after my working hours.

Greetings from Switzerland
    J

17. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

There are a lot of good points in this movie about faith, about contentment, about willingness to sacrifice for the greater good and for your neighbor as well as attitude to prophesy and personal change all mixed up in a gripping action story !
    ..and what a story it would be without villains and fight for what you believe is sacred!;)

18. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

56 days.
    Doing ok, but catching myself fantasizing. Got to re-focus on my goals and not get distracted.

19. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Yeah, @RiseToGreatness, instagram is bad. But if you are making one for work, I think that should be ok. Instagram feeds are based on who you "follow", so if you are just posting work stuff, you should be fine. Just don't follow any swimsuit models on your work account and everything should be fine :)
    Caution: stay off instagram if you are tired. It is so easy for autopilot to take over. A couple clicks and your streak is over.

20. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Checking in day 51. I've been more productive today than yesterday, had some very painful moments of regret over lost time and opportunities, but came to realize that sometimes pain is good if it makes you to search for truth, to seek the answer and if it gives you an impetus to take action. I guess sometimes it's like with a woman who gives birth- the pain comes before the joy. Prayed, meditated, walked a bit and watched a movie about Martin Luter and his reforms although I see a contradiction there, in him saying that God frees people from the need to do good works to earn heaven whilst it is said in scriptures that you have to follow Christ's word and keep His commandments to enter His Kingdom and aren't they the good works, as He himself says in
    14You are the light of the world. A city on a hillb cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a basket. Instead, they set it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
    . He frees you not from following His word but from the sins that enslave you by loving God, loving thy neighbor as you love yourself and loving thy enemy according to His word. But the luteran description of christian life is nearly perfect the only point I am not sure about is the present abundance in all good things in Christ by faith...for not everybody has a faith in abundance of good things.