1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

2. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

I wish it was that easy. Easier said than done. Especially at night when it's hard to keep your brain occupied.

3. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

Check in day 99
    One day to get going

4. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Lucky dog.

5. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

Day 2!
    Working out today and ate healthy and took a cold shower. Keeping strongh!

6. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear bro. Best recovery to you. During that time if you feel down with covid sympthoms, stay away from electronics, they are very dangerous in moments of weakness. Instead read a book, or take a nap :)

7. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship! :)

Today i´m at telework, so i´m with family and feeling fine.

I created the instagram account last night and already feel a bit on the edge, with all the novelty, followers and stuff.

and yes, almost from the start, on the popular posts front page, i detected lot´s of ladies with minimal clothes, very attention demanding. so this is indeed a problem.
    i found a button on definitions to reduce "disturbing, offensive material". That reduced the flashery a bit but lot´s of sexy pictures still remained.

i even click on one of them, and notice that the scroll movement presents other pictures of the same sort. so this can be incredibly dangerous and addictive.

I will post daily, one time, some company material and get the hell out of there. and i will do it in an open space, with people around me.

my general impression so far, is that instagram is way more dangerous than facebook. in facebook i never found sensitive material, only when looked for. in instagram, right from the start, sensitive material appears.

and i can see that this is not good either for woman (relying on looks and external aproval), and for men (focusing on other peoples life´s and bodies) instead of living their own life.

yep, to much tecnology is putting mankind on the brink of collapse. this is bad my friends.

Thank you for your advices :). Instagram for me, only strickly professional. but honestly i rather not use it at all. Once the company changes his policy, i will disconnect from it.

Well, these are my 2 cents for the day. I hope everybody is going well on their journey :)

Let´s keep going Fellowship!! One day at a time. Checking out.

8. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Probably the best idea - thanks brother

9. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Hey @Slider8, I think we chatted about this last year. We're here to support each other. Let's keep our eye on the ball, rather than criticising the person. Agree it takes years to clear your mind, but if you are refusing PMO in your dreams, like @Kairose is, then surely this is a very good sign that your subconscious is on the right track, and the decision to quit is strong:emoji_muscle:.

On packing in cigarettes, if you are still having urges, then I recommend reading Allen Carr (I read his book over a 3 month period, 23 years ago, and haven't even had one urge to smoke a cigarette since).
    Thanks as always for all the comments, the vast majority of them, as I've said before, are very helpful, so thank you :emoji_pray:

10. JEBF

JEBF Fapstronaut

Checking in. I'm feeling good. Lots of hope built up inside of me. Been studying 4hrs a day, kinda hard for me to get up to speed on my studies but it will get better. Had some flashes of women in my mind but it went away quickly.
    As aways...

Strenght & Honor

11. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 5

I've started praying today, still need to meditate, and plan to head to the gym soon. I slept a ton last night, which felt great, and even though it through a wrench in my schedule for today, I'm taking it as a "win."

After a bad binge last month, feels good to be well rested and semi-focused. Plus, the absence of physical symptoms of excessive masturbation that I won't go into ;).

They journey is hard, so I am trying to break it down into a day at a time, then one task at a time.

Forward!

12. NewLifeForGood86

NewLifeForGood86 Fapstronaut

After 5 years on NoFap (on and off), I almost can’t believe I’ve just reached a 90 days hard mode streak for the first time ever.
    I’m now a grey wizard.
    Feeling grateful :emoji_pray:
    To everyone out there, keep working for your goals, and never give up, because ITS POSSIBLE!

13. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Checking in friends:
    Cold Shower - Not yet
    Exercise - Walk
    Reflections - Yes
    Procrastination - Small bit but I also did the work
    Vanity - Tempted to be vain on a zoom call with work as a female colleague (married) started flirting - stopped myself but the buzz was still there - this is poison
    Excuses - again sneaking sense of entitlement before reminding myself of the suffering in this world especially in the developing world, and remembered the first noble truth
    Mindful Breathing - Yes
    Sleep Pattern - Healthy Early to Bed & Early to Rise
    Mindful Eating - Yes & I cooked today first time in ages
    Personal values - I am not a perv, I am a child of God, and with God's grace I will reclaim my birthright
    Freedom Fight - No
    Gollum - have to travel together on this one. He is not strong right now as the blessings of Christmas rain down, but there are darker days ahead where he will appear again

14. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Yeah bro it's good if your daily attitude stays with you whether you are awake or asleep, that feels good :). For me it wasn't Allen Carr but just the right timing -one day two packs of cigarettes and nothing for the next 8 years not really sure what had happened. Lucky you 3 months and no urges for 23 years !:emoji_thumbsup: But as you know last year many couldn't get even close to the results of your 3 months. Could you share with us the way you used Allen Carr's method with such an excellent result?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  15. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Well done bro ! Keep up the good work ! :emoji_thumbsup:

16. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Day 52 checking in. Ate twice in the 8 hours window.Meditated, prayed, studied and walked a bit. Feeling quite good although managed to get overwhelmed with choices and procrastinated on(i mean I haven't done them at all )important tasks.I suspect that in life we often help only those whom we like or have a pity on which makes us rather partial.

17. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

There was a hack of this book on this forum last year, (or was it the year before?:emoji_thinking:). Some people used it to kick the PMO habit, but I am not convinced it can work the same, because the central tenet of Allen Carr is that nicotine addiction provides zero benefits or pleasure beyond silencing the nicotine withdrawl pangs. IMO the same cannot be applied to PMO, as the dopamine released does provide a superficial physical and psychological pain killer for a short period of time (while also deepening the suffering in our souls) and PMO addiction is an intimacy disorder driven by a deep fear of abandonment, lack of sincere love, a yearning for God, etc... rather than a purely physical addiction.

If we are talking about smoking alone, then Allen Carr's book is like magic when you follow his rules to the letter:
    1. Do not quit until you finish reading the book (anyone I know who failed did so because, in a fit of zealous fervour, they quit before they finished the book, and so were back smoking later)
    However, if you have already stopped then, he does not recommend that you start again, but rather stay the course but still make sure you finish the book
    2. Read the book slowly and carefully, really reflecting on each point made and allowing its reality slowly dawn on your mind bit by bit (hence 3 months of reading)
    3. Plan a date to give up in the future when it is not going to be difficult e.g. do not plan on giving cigarettes up when you know there will be lots of parties etc...
    4. Really really really celebrate the fact that you have given up and that you are no longer a smoker, you are no longer a fool, you are free and you are free forever

18. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Strength & Honour :emoji_punch:

19. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

@JEBF I can't believe that General Maximus Decimus Meridius struggles at anything. He rather takes everything on the chin.

20. hakihitoro

hakihitoro Fapstronaut