1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Day 0 and I thought I was strong. I guess I'm picking up lembas crumbs trailing at the very end of this trip again :(
    [​IMG]

2. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

Checkin' in Day 5 - Yesterday was a really productive day and I started a new Challenge (I thought about opening a post here in the forum as well - maybe there are some guys who wanna try this as well)

@Slider8 : Jeah I agree with you in some points - I think things needed to happen this way so I had the opportunity to change -but sometimes I also think that I could have learned some things earlier in life -I could have started nofap earlier and so on... So there are indeed things that I cant change and some of my attitude may make me still suffer.
    "Possessiveness" in a way yes .. especially when it comes to the part where I know I could have done better. Its not easy to fully accept sth like that - I already made huge progress but it takes some more time.

On the other hand I wouldnt agree in some points - I ask myself where do you have those things from you write there ?? I think not all of them are about me. And there are definitely some you projected on me because how would you know who I am?
    Yes Ive gone through hell and was on a rly down point in life before.
    BUT I would never ever compare myself to Lucifer - an angel who became the devil.
    "Just let go of your need to be right, of trying to impose your will on others" you wrote ... I dont have this need - I definitely can accept other paths other choices and other opinions. So again I ask: Where do you have your informations from? Your advices where rly helpfull before but I think here it went a bit too far Slider, Im sry to say that.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  3. IveWastedMyTime

Damn! But get back brother. You reached 5 days so I think you are strong. Next time you can do even more!

4. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

I guess I wasn't a worthy opponent for you after all. On day 3 I felt strong. I didn't know that a hard Monday at work could have brought me so down. But I'm up again.

5. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 8 - Uruk-Hai, The Dark Tower Barad-Dûr

6. IveWastedMyTime

You are indeed worthy - and so you was also a worthy opponent. <3

7. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Such comments mean a lot. Anyway it was my longest streak since August.

8. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Yep, me is like Pippin ! Can have 3-4 Lembas easily and feel good! I guess it's the effect of sport and exercising.;)
    ...anddon't be sad for it's a journey of happiness and fulfillment from the day 1 !:) You loose nothing but start gaining everything as soon as you walk it!

9. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

That's the thing we are all doing that very thing the Lucifer did but fail to see us in repeating the path of the fallen, every time you pissed angry and ready to deal your death and judgement , to speak condemnation , to be impatient you are Lucifer in the spirit and not accepting that there is a divine will behind the behavior of others, nature etc which we have a super hard time to accept but rather do as fallen did the opposite to acceptance- we try to impose our own will on the world through treats, abusive language, physical assault and violence if we are strong or passively like in your case where we do not accept but afraid to do the same(we just lock it inside where it destroys us ,non stop until we manage to release it) out of fear of death and prison due to consequences of our rebellion.

10. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Thanks sensei @Slider8 for your supportive words. From I experience I expect that today I will be strong and will stick to my values and goals. But I guess my nofap energy is for the time being limited. Probably when I try my resolve hard and don't give up, it will last longer.

11. Chi405

Chi405 Fapstronaut

12. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

NoFap energy is the quality time you have for improving your life without obsessing about anything sex related which you kinda learning to control...and find out that there are many other things you need to master in order to do that.;)

13. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Will lead me to a shortcut and tell me what they are? Just some of them.

14. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

I tell you the most important ones :
    *The way yo think , the thoughts you keep in your mind
    *Your emotion with setting your priorities here and learning to control them-I think it's called working on your EQ(emotional intelligence)
    *And your Attitude which is the combination of the preceding two and their expression in a way that is harmonious and beneficial as for you so and for the world around you.
    That simple ,but do you think it is easy and effortless?

15. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Emotional intelligence when it comes to dealing with myself has never been my strong suit.

16. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Then you know where the highest return on your self-improvement effort lies at. It's the key to the doors of happy life for you!

17. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Can you suggest any reading? Aside from Goleman. Something with more practical down-to-earth approach. Or perhaps it can't be learnt from a book? Anyway I've found two books and see that the outcome will be. Gonna start to read them tonight.

18. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

We never learn from the book . We get ideas from the book, as well as orally and visually. We learn only through our own experience in putting those ideas into practice and you know how it goes. It takes time and effort to master anything , to learn anything ...now that you have some of your time back from pmo invest it wisely into what you want to grow in your life.
    ..as it comes to EQ thirst step is to become aware of yourself, of your own emotional reactions to people, events and news in your life. Have a private journal-diary and write down your emotional life in all it's nuances and desires and practices there. Read this again and again and again for this is your ' book-guide' brother!;)

19. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

What are you tempted to do? Any sequence? What is your current day's environment as you go through it?

20. Ozi

Ozi Fapstronaut