1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

I relapsed, but I did not Binge, I'm starting a new Goal first 3 months will be NO P, during this period I will keep M at minimum as much as I can I'm thinking 7-14 Days , I also want to add that I fast (NO WATER OR FOOD) On MONDAYS AND THURSDAYS for 12 hours/Day I like it because it makes me feel grateful and also breaks the boring routine.

NICEDUDE and artifact like this.
  2. ctr

ctr Fapstronaut

Yikes, pneumonia..that doesn't sound good. Plumbing issues can also be a nightmare, especially during these colder months. Feel better, mate!

NICEDUDE, artifact and Martial like this.
  3. Steveal3aneef1

today I woke up little tired I'm having a problem sleeping early since the last overnight job I took I can't sleep before 2:00 AM, I'm also focusing more on finding new hobbies, I lately bought a bike but cold weather is preventing me from riding.

artifact and Martial like this.
  4. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

Hate water leaks, I have a phobia about them…nothing worse than seeing water coming through your ceiling! Glad you got on top of it!

NICEDUDE, artifact, ctr and 1 other person like this.
  5. Bernard O.

Bernard O. Fapstronaut

Going to better

artifact likes this.
  6. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Checking in...

ctr, daryl_zero and artifact like this.
  7. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group

daryl_zero and artifact like this.
  8. @goingforit - You have been added to the member ranking. Welcome to the group!

daryl_zero likes this.
  9. salaciousDone

salaciousDone Fapstronaut

Stress and anxiety led to another reset. Should be scheduling an assessment with a CSAT next week so will hopefully start making some meaning progress soon. Even as I sit here typing I am fighting the urge to just give in and start binging, probably a good time for a workout!

artifact and daryl_zero like this.
  10. daryl_zero

daryl_zero Fapstronaut

Checking in.

I've been struggling. I haven't reset my counter until today, but I've had several resets over the past few days. I feel awful, physically and emotionally, and P has--predictably--made everything worse. I've decided I need to move on from my issues of last two weeks and really commit to sobriety.

artifact likes this.
  11. Steveal3aneef1

Still feeling fatigue from the last relapse , chaser effect is back again , but this time I'm going to have solid morning and evening routine

artifact and daryl_zero like this.
  12. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

Thank you! Thanks for allowing me to join the group.

I started nofap several years ago and have had runs up to 10 months (no p, no m). Since then, I've been able to string together tons of 2 and 3 week streaks, but I usually run into some difficulties at that point.

I am 44, married with two young children. I have normal stresses of life but overall, am pretty lucky.

I saw a summary of "Atomic Habits", where one of the points is accountability helps habits (of course), so I finally got on here and asked to sign up.

My trigger is being home alone, which doesn't happen too often, but when it does, I'm 50/50. That is usually when the 2-3 week streak breaks down.

I've been seeing a therapist for the first time in my life to work through some old issues. That has led me to supercharge my meditation and start journaling for the first time. I've been feeling better than I have in a long time in the last few weeks, like maybe I'm starting to shed some old, old junk that I've been holding onto for too long. I'm hoping that meditation, the therapist, and other self introspection, along with the group, will help me power onto a new, long streak.

In the past, I've noticed increased energy at around 2-3 weeks to the point where I feel like I could run through a brick wall, but on the other hand, my anxiety becomes difficult to manage. I start to feel wired, and that is either a good or bad thing depending on how I'm managing it. Fapping then becomes the easy way to reset it, but I lose the good side of the wired part. I am ready to break through that and learn to manage the anxiety.

Thanks again.

13. marksaysay

marksaysay Fapstronaut

Day 120. New milestone in sight...180 days!

One of the biggest lessons I've learned so far deals with goal setting. Don't think in terms of a reaching a finish line. Think in terms of checkpoints on a continuous path. After reaching one milestone, set your sights immediately on a new one!

artifact, ctr, NICEDUDE and 1 other person like this.
  14. Steveal3aneef1

FACT : the most important thing is not to give up , I realized that the streak is just a number , and I swear to god that my life has been changed for the better since I started this journey even with relapses you get better, and you get closer to your Goals . the key is to learn more about yourself and keep coming back up.

Martial, marksaysay, ctr and 2 others like this.
  15. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

I agree. It’s easy to make things all or nothing and it is motivational, but of course improvement is improvement. Can’t lose sight of the overall progress.

ctr, artifact and Steveal3aneef1 like this.
  16. Stelvio

Stelvio Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group.

I've looked but can't figure out how to turn my counter on.

Thanks.

17. Sounds like you are on the right track. I have also been reading Atomic Habits lately.

goingforit likes this.
  18. On the non-mobile (desktop) version of the site, you go to the top of the page and click where it says "Update Day Counter". I always access the site on my desktop, so I'm not sure how the mobile version would work.

19. Stelvio

Stelvio Fapstronaut

Done.
    Thank you.

artifact likes this.