1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Warthog

Warthog Fapstronaut

Checking in today. It was really tough! I found some undeleted p*** on my laptop. I wont lie to you it gave me a big shock and I came really close to giving in. My brain was screaming, F*ck it just do it! But I didn`t! I conquered my intense desire to PMO. Pretty proud of myself, I know today will be tough to stay away but I´m pretty sure if I stay strong the next few days I´ll be back on the right track.

2. Snus9

Snus9 Fapstronaut

Checking in. Still in quarantine..
    Streak is going great. For me it really really helps with a fresh start - like a new year and new place. So the fact that I moved to a complete different city in a fresh year is my key. Starting new job next week :)

Not sure what day I am on to be honest :p I feel like I'm just cruising and I don't even think about my day count

3. bmcmanansmith

bmcmanansmith Fapstronaut

18 days, with haste you use the Bucklebury Ferry to cross the Brandywine river. New year, new PB

4. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 2

Still here, baby!

Trying to stay busy, mindful, and positive.

5. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

As we got a job in focus I have some good quotes to share in chronological order:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ,but pmo-free lifestyle is not the job but the requirement to be able to love your job.

6. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

I'm glad for your victory, our warrior! You need to be extra careful for at least a week!
    Do not talk with the enemy! When you start hearing, you start loosing.

7. JEBF

JEBF Fapstronaut

Checking in.

Past night i had a wet dream, i couldn't stop this one... But i understand that wet dreams are a part of the healing process. Other than that i'm going easy with everything else, this week has been me surfing through the waves of time and not doing too much of productive stuff.

This week i had a major decline in motivation and discipline, i don't know why, maybe it is because of the reboot? I feel that my discipline and motivation are slowly but surely climbing back to the top of the hill, i've started monday awful, tuesday a lil' better, wednesday was ok, thursday i saw some improve and i'm excited for friday.

And to this day i've accumulated 110 hours of study this month.

Strenght & Honor!

8. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Day 175

Practicing primal scream therapy, my throat hurts a little even tho I tried to scream from my diaphragm.
    Didn't had much effect this time, first time was better even tho I did it for just a few seconds.

Was about to watch Arcane on Netflix (I was addicted to LoL) so it was a bad idea, it was just a bad shot of dopamine. I watched the tv series of the human body instead, this made me feel really grateful to God, for making our incredible bodies, they really are a gift.

9. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 27

First full day back at college and it’s been such a privilege to spend time with my friends and peers. Was made aware of two horrible situations that some of my friends are going through which really took the wind out of my sails, but despite that I trust that God has them in His hands and they will get through it.

Saw some unhelpful content on Instagram reels, felt my mind almost stepping on to that particular train of thought that leads to relapse, but I have this underlying feeling that this is the streak where I beat my PB and hopefully this addiction in its entirety. Instagram is pretty much softcore-P these days, even just by clicking on a cooking video the eventual scrolling can lead to some dark places - stay strong brothers and sisters!

10. stronaut2021

stronaut2021 Fapstronaut

Day 10: closer to beginning the journey.

I must confess that the whole week I have had mental fog, sleepiness, full procrastination, etc all the symptoms of PMO without it. But today I felt a lot better, also I got obsessed and cleaned the house while I was working. The floor looks a lot better now. I have felt somewhat depressed the whole week, maybe because I am confined, maybe because well I cut my dopamine preferred source.

Have a great day everyone and have a good trip.

11. stronaut2021

stronaut2021 Fapstronaut

Wow amazing, I need to put this somewhere. I am sure it is very effective. Thanks for sharing ti.

12. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Checking in. Still feeling the effects of my pmo failure last Friday. Practicing my triggers avoidance plan and keeping tech out of reach when tired.

13. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Thank you! But I wrote this just as an example. It's what I could remember of what I said that night. I think it will be more effective if you do it with your own words! Reject the devil, be a true ally and son of God!

14. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

15. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

16. Day 6 complete!

The battle was very present to me today. I'm barely getting six hours of sleep per night: it's enough to function, but not enough to make me feel healthy or capable. Definitely felt some brain fog today, and strong urges during the evening after dinner. The strategy I employed to counter them is probably not something that works long-term, but it rode on the back of my depleted mental state, so I think it was effective for tonight. I called it "the lockdown." Urges are not something we can control, but to act on them requires thought. I decided that I would maintain just enough thought to do my homework, and lock down my brain from thinking about anything else. Minimal brainpower, minimal relapse opportunity. Yeah, it's dumb, but it got me through tonight.

@JEBF I've seen a few guys here talking about primal scream therapy. What is it?

St. Joseph of Cupertino, pray for us!

17. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 45 complete.

Second day alone at home, no major urges or thoughts, but some as always. Doing good.

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Fapstronaut

Finished day 2. Enjoyed the whole day outside.

19. 7
    Lingering sadness
    had a wet dream
    Reading: Practice of Brahmacharya by Swami Sivananda

(No sexual Thoughts/Fantasy/ Voluntary Self Arousal/ Viewing any Triggering content)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2022
  20. LiveLifeInABetterWay

LiveLifeInABetterWay Fapstronaut

Check in day 11.
    Had a couple of urges during the evening but could resist and could sleep because of an exhausting day of work. I look back to this day and count it as successful. I managed to stay focused during work and I learned a lot of new things.

Soon I gonna arrive the mark of 15 days and I am gonna start my journey again as a hobbit. I am glad to then start my journey to destroy the ring.

Greeting
    J