1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. stronaut2021

stronaut2021 Fapstronaut

Bath is also a trigger for me but I have threatened my mind with cold water if the temptation arises, so I am still managing it.

2. stronaut2021

stronaut2021 Fapstronaut

Day 11

I have had stronger urges and many times in the day I thought that the streak is over, but I am still here preparing everything for my journey.

Have a great day.

3. stronaut2021

stronaut2021 Fapstronaut

Good you could resist

4. Chi405

Chi405 Fapstronaut

5. Mat2401

Mat2401 Fapstronaut

Day 27. Started getting into running again this week.

6. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

@I'm Strength

If you wake up at 3am try to pray brother. At that hour satanic groups/evil spiritists tend to make their rituals and may make some of us wake up.

til_im_free, Chi405, Slider8 and 10 others like this.
  7. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

8. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

@Kairose where from do you know that 3AM is the ritual hour? I am interested because I heard that a few people are waking up at similar time with irrational thoughts that make them worry.

Day 46 complete.

Doing good, no major urges, except for when my wife came back home. No phishing or unescesary looking at girs profiles, though I peek at women in my office then turn away.

til_im_free, Chi405, MS PBH and 8 others like this.
  9. ImFuture

ImFuture Fapstronaut

It's said that 3a.m is the devil's hour.
    Where most of paranormal shit happens.

10. Day 7 complete!

Urges were high when I woke up and stayed that way for most of the day. After dinner, however, a small group of my brother seminarians was being enrolled in what's called the Angelic Warfare Confraternity--a worldwide group of people inspired by St. Thomas Aquinas who specifically pray for purity--and on an impulse I joined them. In the hours since putting that medal around my neck, the urges have completely vanished. Now, can I expect this to be the standard from now on? I don't think so. Are there a lot of people in this thread who won't understand? Most likely. But this feels powerful, and I think it's going to be a huge help.

St. Michael the Archangel, pray for us!

Chi405, MS PBH, stronaut2021 and 9 others like this.
  11. ImFuture

ImFuture Fapstronaut

If something makes you happy, and you are not hurting anyone then do it. Does not care what people thinks.

12. the_wizard

the_wizard Fapstronaut

13. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

A warm bath in the evening can be a good place to gather ones mind. I like that about it, but I feel like my brain equates no pants with time to pmo. As a result I try to almost always have at least boxers on.

14. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 6

I am now engaged with “The Book of Five Rings.” I suspect there will be good teachings in here. I am likely not ready for the wisdom. I feel an urge to find a certain enlightenment… It burns inside of me and is the source of much stress. If I had financial independence I think I would pursue nothing but this goal. I know in my heart that first I must conquer my lust and become financially free to become the best that I can be.

til_im_free, Chi405, MS PBH and 9 others like this.
  15. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

From either Gabriele Amorth or father Jose Antonio Fortea (I'm almost certain from Gabriele). They probably are the two greatest exorcists of our times. I like to study angelology/demonology.

He says that 3am, being the farthest hour from Jesus' death (3pm), it's when God's enemies choose to make that kind of practices.

He thinks tho that it doesn't really have any effect to do it at that hour, it would be the same to do it at 11pm. But since most of them do it at 3am, all that hate and demonic movement is concentrated there.

16. Thanks brother

17. Okay

18. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

19. The PMO forces were at your tail but you crossed the Ford of Bruinen, leaving them behind. The House of Elrond is in sight.
    Day 28

20. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 341 no PMO. Was home alone for several hours last night and PMO did cross my mind but only briefly and I got through the night no problem. It’s starting to feel like No PMO is starting to become my default rather than Yes PMO. I guess I’m saying that it seems like I am getting to a place where this might be behind me. For now I will keep doing all the work to make sure it is WAY BEHIND ME. In the past I have lapsed shortly after assuming I had PMO beat but I have never made a streak this long before.