1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your "I wish I knew this before" moment?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by embodiment of luck, Mar 12, 2022.

1. embodiment of luck

embodiment of luck Fapstronaut

Share your knowledge or discovery that was or is useful in life. Point of this is to share something that you think can help someone tomorrow. By the end I hope we can create collective wisdom which will make us stronger.

2. Don'tLookBack

Don'tLookBack Fapstronaut

That I don't have "prove" anything to anyone. Everybody has their own understanding about life, so I don't need to push people past their limits. Instead, I need to analyze my own understanding of things.

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  3. That you don't have to earn love from God by being perfect and doing the right things all the time. And doing the wrong thing doesn't make Him love you less. His grace is a FREE gift, not a transactional purchase that's dependent on what you have to offer. Even when I have nothing to offer but my broken self, He still loves me and gives me grace and mercy.

4. That's a huge one for me. For many years, my banner on Facebook (particularly because FB is a place that I often forget this truth) is a quote from Steve Maraboli that says "When I accept myself, I am freed from the burden of needing you to accept me."

I'm very, very good at forgetting that and wanting to prove myself to people all the time. Even strangers and people who I literally will never speak to ever again. It still makes me uncomfortable for them to not understand me or misunderstand my words or my intentions and think badly of me because of that. But I have learned (and am still learning) how to let go of that.

Don'tLookBack likes this.
  5. Don'tLookBack

Don'tLookBack Fapstronaut

Oftentimes, it is in our brokenness where we experience His love the most.

ndaty and TakingTheSteps like this.
  6. embodiment of luck

embodiment of luck Fapstronaut

For me it is pragmatism. This is a special kind of philosophy that focuses on using information in everyday life and gives you desirable results results. For example people pay more attention to things that are not finished, than you say ok I can use this maybe in my book I am writhing just so I can keep interest of the reader, or I can use this to improve my studying somehow.

7. BrighterFuture

BrighterFuture Fapstronaut

I don't have a lot of wisdom, but I know for sure that driving a car nowadays is dangerous, half of the drivers are on their phone

And you should never drive without a dash cam,

Because once someone crashes your car, he will always try to put the blame on you, so be prepared

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    embodiment of luck likes this.