1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Collidge Effect [Help me Please]

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Furozima10, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Furozima10

Furozima10 Fapstronaut

The Collidge Effect: Is the point where a guy no longer feels the thrill from Sex with his Girlfriend/Wife. and in order to feel the Thrill he needs constant novelty (New Girlfriends/Wives to have Sex with in order to re-feel the Thrill from Sex again that he felt the first time.).

The collidge effect is Real, and after some months with my girlfriend I feel like the Orgasm is shit. and I don't feel any pleasure

The thrill can only be achieved from a new girlfriend.

I'm about to break up with my Girlfriend because of the Collidge Effect, but I'm afraid to regret it because She truly loves me, and she gave me her heart.
    But the collidge effect is so powerful, I can't feel anything with her anymore, No pleasure, nothing.

I'm feeling like if I was 80years old when I'm with her
    Only the collidge effect makes me feel young again. even though i'm still in my twenties.

Buddhabro2.0 likes this.
  2. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Coolidge effect - Wikipedia

This is very sad man. :( Please tell her what you are going through with your addiction to PMO and ask for her support in your recovery. If she truly loves you, I hope she will respond positively and you can still have a future together. Good luck.

Buddhabro2.0 and +TenPercent like this.
  3. Coolidge effect sounds like a serious... excuse. You're not an animal (per se), and that phenomenon doesn't seem different from what all PMO-addicts have. Get seriously to your reboot and you'll be fine. Don't give up on people who love you, because it clearly sounds as if you loved her for sex only.

Damn, we addict love to find excuses in every possible way. Don't be naive, brother, and just do your reboot. The thrill will come back and it'll come back even stronger. I'm saying this as a married man who also could feel something similar during reboot. I wasn't naive, though. I knew it was simply my addiction, and it proved to be right.

4. Furozima10

Furozima10 Fapstronaut

So you're saying that The collidge effect is from your addiciton?

Are you sure?

5. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yes, no question. Watch the first three minutes of this video...

SlopeSide and Buddhabro2.0 like this.
  6. It seems obvious to me.
    It's really strange how clear your mind becomes after reboot. I don't have a problem loving my wife as the only woman in my life now, and sexually I'm more attracted to her than I was during my addiction. It's also a different feeling, like, a more natural one. Hard to explain it without experiencing it.

7. Go with her on an adventure trip. You will start a bond again with her during that journey and also try new methods of intercourse.

8. IrishMan77

IrishMan77 Fapstronaut

According to common sense, there are 2 choices to overcome the Collidge Effect.
    1- Finding a new partner as mentioned
    2- Increase the investments (time, resources) in your current partner.

How important is the relationship to you? Is she the woman of your life or you don’t project yourself with her in the future?

Responding to the questions above would help you make the best choice for your relationship.