1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Muscle Imbalance

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Courage 123, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Courage 123

Courage 123 Fapstronaut

My right arm is bigger than my left. And its to the point where people stare at my right arm. Im actually self conscious to go out in a tee shirt because of the huge difference in size. So i was wondering if anyone knows some beginner callisthenic workouts. Im looking to workout my bicep tricep and forearm. I know if i push against the wall like a push up with one hand then that works the bicep. But do you guys know other workouts to work the tricep and forearms? Thanks for your input and have a awesome day.

2. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

there are good videos on youtube

3. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

push ups, pull ups and squats are a good way to start

4. Huh. May I ask how this happened? Muscle imbalance isn't uncommon, but to the point where one is noticably bigger than the other, to the point where people are staring, is a little more unusual.

Anyways, yes, YouTube will get you your tricep workouts. Channels like Passion4Profession and apps like Home Workout have very good bodyweight workouts. Other channels with good bodyweight push workouts include BullyJuice, Anabolic Aliens, Chris Heria and I think Scott Herman might have some too. But feel free to branch out and explore other YouTube workout channels. For your biceps, chin-ups are excellent, but of course, you'll need a pull-up bar for that.

In my opinion, though, the best way to work biceps is to have them lift weight. Your biceps help you pull things and thus, effective bodyweight no-equipment workouts for them aren't really talked about much, at least from my research since there aren't a lot of bodyweight bicep workouts out there, especially if we're trying to exclude chin-ups and their variations. (I just looked at an article that listed 15 bodyweight bicep workouts and a good half of them were chin-up stuff, lol) A solid pair of dumbbells and a pull-up bar will get you far, that is, if you're willing to spend some money. Get at least a range of 10-50lbs dumbbells and you'll be solid, at least for a beginner-intermediate stage. With those, you can include concentration curls, which it seems like your arm may really need. Heck, mine does. XD You can also do curls on your forearms too via wrist curls.

If you can't afford dumbbells, then even a backpack filled with books or sand or something can work as a dumbbell.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2022
  5. Are you a coomer? If yes, then that's the source of your problem.

6. Derb90

Derb90 Fapstronaut

Very common it's a rarity people are never completely asymmetrical. If you are right handed chances are you use that side of your body more than the other . I think it's very difficult to balance out symmetry and strength .you could have good genetics for asymmetry and just need to work out the other side more or one side will always be slightly behind in strength and development . It's from being right or left dominant . Just train the weaker side to max and let the other do no more until your other arm catches up to the same amount of reps

My right is alot stronger than my left because I started lifting weights when I was about 9 or 10 and being completely oblivious to form and rep ranges. I've always had a significantly bigger right tricep and rear and side deltoid the bicep Is pretty much the same . It's from doing hammercurls as a teenager with bad form.

Now my left always gives in first when maxing out reps it doesn't the first few sets but eventually the strength difference shows . something I will prioritize when I get back into training . Instead of just going and lifting focus on less developed muscle groups until they are as develop as the other . It takes time. it is worth it . You physically feel more comfortable having a dense back and balanced development between both shoulders and thick quads and calves to carry it . When you have muscle imbalances you don't consciously think about it but you can feel it it's slightly awkward especially when it comes down to training. Just focus on bringing up the weaker side and then focus on form as a unit . Back shoulders legs . Compound lifts proper form

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  7. The hand which we use to fap will get stronger and other hand will became weaker. Because sex is the moat primitive thing for brain. So brain willnotice which body part is helping it most so it will give all resources to that body part resulting in imbalance.

8. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Its the nofap forums :lol
    If you are still relapsing use the other hand... will probably be so awful that you will stop bothering, win win!

Seriously though, try and vary things up in your life too. Carry your bag on the opposite shoulder, or lift things using your weaker hand. Try and figure out what caused it and tackle that.

9. Oh, come on! I can't tell if you're joking or if you actually believe that! It's so funny!

But, concerning the topic: just work out (so: listen to most of the guys above) and sooner or later you'll get a kind of symmetry. Just don't count on it being perfect.

10. MementoMori22

MementoMori22 Fapstronaut

For biceps and triceps: fill a bag with something decently heavy, tinned food, rice, etc. Do bicep curls and overhead tricep extensions with it. Aim for 3 sets of 12 reps, 90 second rest between sets. You should be within 2 reps of failure on each set, if you feel like you could do many more than 12 reps, increase the weight.

Having said that, instead of a bag of food, I'd recommend just getting a 20kg adjustable dumbbell set, shouldn't be too expensive.

For forearms: anything that works your grip. One-armed body weight hangs from a overhead pole/beam is one. Another is to get a long pole, like a broom, and hold it right at the end with the hand you want to train. Hold the broom horizontal-ish to the ground. It'll feel heavy after a while.