1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The No Screen Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Force Majeure

Force Majeure Fapstronaut

25/60

I know what you mean, the discussion you were listening to kept you awake the same way screens keep you awake, right? I have felt the same thing a long time ago. Even if the feeling is the same, I wouldn't call it a grey zone since you weren't using any screens, so I think you can move on. If you want to prevent it from happening again, go ahead and change your rules from now on.

Stephan S likes this.
  2. I happened to have it on the background while I was doing some manual work. (Somehow I seem to be stuck at doing work at late hours. It will hopefully get easier shortly.) If it was the sole reason I stayed awake, then it would have been basically the same as watching a movie, for example.

3. 3/7 23:19
    Getting in the right direction.

Stephan S and Force Majeure like this.
  4. Force Majeure

28/60, checking in. Instead of relapsing, think of how much better you can be if you use the time to work on yourself instead. Yesterday, I was close to a relapse and the whole day could have been lost in binging. Instead, I did two guided meditations, had a long cold shower, a nice walk in the woods and listened to a very good podcast about the dopamine system.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
    Stephan S likes this.
  5. Force Majeure

Thanks! Feels very good afterwards, that I actually managed to overcome the temptations. Now I'm looking forward instead of fighting to silence the past.

Stephan S likes this.
  6. 4/7
    Very nice job showing the thoughts who's the boss!

Stephan S and Force Majeure like this.
  7. Force Majeure

30/60, still living on the power I got from overcoming the urges a couple of days ago. I’m almost looking forward for more urges so that I can prove once again that I can overcome them and thus grow even more.

Stephan S likes this.
  8. Getting energy from being virtuous. That's a fantastic way to look at it.

Force Majeure likes this.
  9. The one week challenge completed. The outcome is that I could recognize and avoid the detrimental kind of screen time.

Force Majeure and Stephan S like this.
  10. Force Majeure

11. Force Majeure

Thank you :)
    Yeah, I will move on and try to think beyond my addiction. 4/30

Stephan S likes this.
  12. Force Majeure

6/30. Even if I relapsed just a few days ago, it feels like everything is going in the right direction. I didn’t get stuck this time.

Stephan S likes this.
  13. Force Majeure

I got to 8/30 at least but now it's a reset. I was up working late yesterday (00:30) because I completed a project I've been working on for several months. When I was going to sleep, it felt really good to have finished it, so it feels like a fair exception.
    0/30

Stephan S likes this.
  14. Force Majeure

15. Force Majeure

The problem I'm facing right now is that I'm working from home at the same time we are selling our apartment. I have lots of things I need to get my work done and every time we're going to show our apartment I have to pack down my things. In the current situation of the world, it's just not as easy to sell anymore, at least not for us. We've been showing our apartment six times now and we've been taking photos twice, plus renovated the kitchen. Because of this I'm very far off my routine and my mind is being consumed by highly unimportant stuff...

How's it going for you?

16. Philosophical_Dad

Philosophical_Dad Fapstronaut

I'm back! I've been a lot less focused while I was away. I suppose the same things that made it hard for me to keep posting here made it hard for me to maintain much focus or self-regulation in general. Anyway, it's great to see that some of the people that were posting here back when I was are still doing so. I look forward to interacting with y'all. Tomorrow I'll check in with an update on whether I met my goal today.

Force Majeure and Stephan S like this.
  17. Philosophical_Dad

Philosophical_Dad Fapstronaut