1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Flat Earth is Driving Me Mad... I mean, madd-ER...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by LOSEmyselftoSAVEmyself, May 17, 2022.

1. This flat earther said that he didn't think the earth is rotating.

I thought, he's freaking crazy.

He said, if the earth was rotating, the centrifugal force would throw you off the planet.

I thought it was bunk. Another internet looney.

But then, I did the math:

Cent. force = weight x radius x rotational velocity squared

= 200 lbs x 4,000 miles x 24,000^2
    = ~ 460.8 trillion

Ok so gravity pulls me at zero acceleration with 200 to the ground, and the earth is opposing that with 460.8 trillion lbs of force?

That argument has haunted me since I did that math. I went from thinking the flat earth movement was totally stupid, to feeling like, maybe they got something.

I just don't know.

silex_jedi likes this.
  2. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

Imagine taking 24 hours to go in a circle. You probably wouldn't feel yourself turning. The ancient Greeks figured out that the Earth was round.

Kieran2121 likes this.
  3. They also thought the false gods they made up were worth worshiping...

4. attend some physics classes.

5. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

They based idea the Earth was round on scientific evidence. The Greeks believed in these gods without any miracles or any other evidence.

6. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

Well, there are a lot of things that we like to think we "know" when in actuality we've merely been trained to believe them.

You're told that the earth is round when you're a kid, you're shown pictures of a round earth, you have globes to play with and so forth, so you accept that as fact. You are never shown a mathematical proof (and if you were, you probably wouldn't understand it at that age), you are never sent up in a space shuttle to see it for yourself.

That's what groups like flat earthers prey on, our profound individual ignorance. Unless you are an astronaut or you have a solid background in physics, you probably don't know how to defend your belief in a round earth. That doesn't necessarily mean that your belief is incorrect, it just means you don't know.

The flat earth movement is basically a cult of sorts, it's not just about the shape of the earth, that idea gets linked into vast global conspiracies and pseudo-religious beliefs. Once you're initiated into believing in the flat earth and the infinitely tall "arctic wall" surrounding it, you get told how you are super special and smart and superior for believing this, meanwhile the wicked and stupid round earthers have accepted the "mark of the beast" and will burn in Hell for forsaking the flat earth god and so on. It gets real weird real fast.

Depends on how you look at it. Saint Augustine believed that the entities that the Greeks worshiped did exist, but were actually demons. From a more secular, psychological perspective, the pagan gods were personifications of human emotions and established patterns of behavior. The inherent will in humans to pursue their lust, to want to go to war, to transform order into chaos, etc. do exist and can have an incredible amount of power over you if you're not careful.

7. You're throwing shade on flat Earthers yet you believe in everything the media tells you i.e. that the Earth is a big floating ball floating in nothing that spins at 1609km/h an hour, and that the Sun, stars and planets are millions of kilometres away, which is why the Sun and Moon appear so close, hmm I wonder why?, and the horizon is always flat, airplanes don't compensate for the "curvature" of the Earth during flight, every plane and boat that has tired to cross "Antarctica" has been shot down, and if the Earth rotated at 1609km/h everything on the Earth's surface would be eviscerated as the winds on Saturn are at the same speed according to NASA fiction. The Earth is flat, get over it. Also, if you were sent up in a "space shuttle" you probably wouldn't even remember what you saw as NASA is just an organisation of professional actors, and every photo of the Earth ever made from outer space has been computer generated, which is why every 10 years the Earth looks completely different according to the liars at NASA. Think about it this way. Would your government want you to know if the Earth is really flat?

smh_fam likes this.
  8. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

Well it's quite obvious that the objects you see in the night sky are merely sophisticated holographic projections set up by the satanic illuminati in order to get you to worship the anti-christ and vote democrat.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
    brokenmillennial likes this.
  9. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

I can't believe this is a discussion actually being held

10. Or you're actually only seeing the side facing you of the stars and planets in the night sky.

silex_jedi likes this.
  11. Yeah exactly, we should just believe everything the government tells us and not research things ourselves and form our own opinion based on the scientific evidence that proves the Earth is actually flat. After all the government says that all information not from the government's employees is "disinformation" and the scientists and educated people that find it out are insane people wearing tin foil hats blabbering about aliens and tap water making frogs gay aka "conspiracy theorists".

12. silex_jedi

silex_jedi Fapstronaut

man you did not do the math. check your units. first convert to international then come back.
    mass: 100 kg around 200lb
    radius of the earth: 6,400,000m (6400km we used in school)
    rotation in rad.s^-1: 2π/(24*3600)
    [EDIT : 2π rad is the angle in a day 24*3600 is approximatively the number of seconds in a day. the former divided buy the latter is the rotation speed in rad.s^-1]
    the centrifuge force (which is NOT a real force https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrifugal_force) is to the formula you gave:
    the force is then 3.38N which is divided by the weight constant (9.81 m.s^-2)
    so the weight is 3.38/9.81 = 0.345 kilograms = 345g (same as the pasta i use for dinner) = 0.761lb

please.

are you a pack of pasta?

13. IR254

IR254 Fapstronaut

That sentence just killed me, fuck haha

14. silex_jedi

silex_jedi Fapstronaut

to be honest i was much concerned about the wrong use of a formula which can be deadly sometime. it's interesting trying to destroy the world by just adding a x instead of a ÷ sign :)

15. Fantasia

Fantasia Fapstronaut

The Earth is not flat, the Earth, the small part of the Earth we know (4 continents, because Australia is an island of Asia and Greenland of America) is encircled by an ice wall impossible to be surpassed because the other inhabitants of this Gaia Realm hate us and think we are monkey and we need to stay separated to them because we are so stupid and sociopaths. Americans tried to force the wall according to Richard Byrd but it seem they kicked our ass...only Hitler had a deal with Over-The-Wall people, but was just for military bases on the border of the wall. There is only two way to surpass the ice wall:

1. According to Otto Lindenbrock, if you enter inside a volcano you will access the internal part of the Earth and you will find an internal ocean, you have to navigate it (because it is a circle) and then you will be easly able to exit from the other side, if dinosaurs or Nephilims don't kill you before (I want to specify that people over the wall are pacifists. They don't use violence, they think we are monkeys but they aren't violents so they just protected themself from us.)....
    2. Space missions aren't real, astronauts are just drunked sociopath and lyars. What Nasa do is trying to surpass the wall, and they actually did it, with rockets (like a catapult) they are building military bases outside our crater, since we are a stupid specie, instead to try to make our society better, and be welcomed by icewall people, instead we try to expand our cancer outside the wall, because we are sociopath and only a few of us are really followers of God.

16. Fantasia

Fantasia Fapstronaut

1.The moon is not round since you can't see the other side, it is a circle, and better, it is just a projetion of the complete crater earth, and whar we know of our earth is just 1% of all the real earth you see on the moon, it is like we are a small bug inside an ocean.
    2.The Sun is not round, it is an olographic creation made for illude us.
    3. All the photos of Earth, Mars, distant stars are photos made with a computer, not a single photo of the space is real.

17. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview Fapstronaut

ATTENTION SHEEPLE. EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG. BOW BEFORE MY SUPERIOR INTELLECT.

[​IMG]

Fantasia likes this.
  18. Fantasia

Fantasia Fapstronaut

You are right and thanks to trying to stop the scientism brainwash that try control our minds :) but as i said the Earth we know is just a minimal part of the real Earth, and this inaccurate pic show Earth like if it is all. It is not.

19. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview Fapstronaut

One day, we will wake up. We will break the conditioning. :)

Fantasia likes this.
  20. Be the exception

Be the exception Fapstronaut

@LOSEmyselftoSAVEmyself have you asked yourself why the typical response to anything “conspiracy” related or anti-mainstream narrative, is either a) where’s your tinfoil hat? Or b) do you think the earths flat too? I’ll tell you why.. because flat earth garbage is a psyop utilized to discredit all other legitimate conspiracies. The second you start talking about the death jabs or chemtrails or aluminum byproduct (fluoride) in the water, you get associated with flat earth morons. Psyop, pushed by controlled opposition, and accepted by bottom of the barrel conspiracy theorists. Pretty blatantly obvious.