1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Flat Earth is Driving Me Mad... I mean, madd-ER...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by LOSEmyselftoSAVEmyself, May 17, 2022.

1. Long Range

Long Range Fapstronaut

I've known a few hard core flat earthers and I have to say that I do have a certain respect for them as they are critical thinkers and aren't afraid to question mainstream views. Its always good to do your own research on just about everything you aren't sure about or don't understand.

However, on this issue, the flat earthers are totally incorrect. I have to tell you that the earth is a globe and it orbits the sun, and our solar system orbits the center of the milky way.

When I met a flat earther, being very open minded myself, I did set out to either prove or debunk flat earth theory, and I have to tell you that it wasn't that hard. I proved, without any doubt, that the earth is globe using simple methods that anyone could understand but the flat earther I knew simply simply wouldn't change his view, and instead he started to get angry with me after a while, so I gave up on him.

I 100% agree with @Be the exception that flat earther theory is mostly likely used to discredit all of the conspiracy theories that are true. Since we are on the topic, if you want to understand what's really going on, read this book.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    silex_jedi and Be the exception like this.
  2. Fantasia

Fantasia Fapstronaut

Imagine people beliving Earth is not flat because a random guy writted strange and boring mathematics formulas like

22π = √43

Wow congrats you puts mathematics formulas that prove Earth is not flat, but have you seen the Earth from space or you jast watch the photos of NASA? Don't you know that the moon landing was filmed inside the Area 51?

3. silex_jedi

silex_jedi Fapstronaut

and what makes you say these equations are boring? sorry for not making them interesting enough for you.

TakingTheSteps and IR254 like this.
  4. Fantasia

Fantasia Fapstronaut

I'm not talking about you but people in general.

5. I don't know about those other conspiracies, I'm not into conspiracies.

I'm just saying there is something screwy about the physics I described in the first post.

6. That is the main problem with round or flat earth arguments: nobody has any proof.
    It's all theory.

But what I know for certain is that something is pushing me off of the planet with one-half of a quadrillion lbs of force,

yet I don't move.

THIS PLANET DOES NOT ROTATE, PEOPLE.

7. Yeah, I know #3. They don't have any real pictures, from NASA, just animations. Same with Astronomy magazine.

Fantasia likes this.
  8. The units aren't the issue.

9. Fantasia

Fantasia Fapstronaut

Based

10. Long Range

Long Range Fapstronaut

Your math is incorrect.

Here is the centrifugal force formula : F=(m*v²)/R https://www.engineersedge.com/physics/centrifugal_force.htm
    Earth Radius(R) = 6,357,000m https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_radius
    Earth Surface velocity(v) = 460m/s https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-fast-is-the-earth-mov/
    Mass(m) = 100kg (weight of person)

F=(m*v²)/R
    F=(100kg*460m/s*460m/s)/6,357,000m
    F=3.3kg*m/s²
    F=3.3N (newtons) centrifugal force on a 100kg person on the surface of the earth

Because the person weighs 100kg and the downward force of gravity of 100kg is more than the upward centrifugal force 3.3N, the person stays firmly on the ground.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    silex_jedi likes this.
  11. silex_jedi

silex_jedi Fapstronaut

why not?

12. silex_jedi

silex_jedi Fapstronaut

it's Newtons not kilograms sir :)

Long Range likes this.
  13. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

Long Range likes this.
  14. My friend, without being mean, I ask you with total respect:

does it make sense to divide the force by the radius?

15. This is, after all, a website for recovery...

silex_jedi likes this.
  16. Fantasia

Fantasia Fapstronaut

Best nofap answer so far

silex_jedi likes this.
  17. Long Range

Long Range Fapstronaut

The formula that I used was from an established engineering website for which I provided the URL. The formula for centrifugal force is well known and widely accepted.

But to answer your question, yes it does most definitely make sense that the radius is part of the equation.

In your original post you said that flat earth was driving you mad because the centrifugal force didn't make sense. Well, I have provided you with the formula, the sources, and walked you though the calculation. Perhaps you should check my numbers and do the calculation and you will come to the same conclusion that it is correct.

18. Force is just a function of pounds coupled with motion. You could use the weight standard as "a cow". If I push a cow one foot, then it is a "cow foot".

19. So when you consider ancient weapons, how did they get the extra power?

Think about the trebuchet and the sling.

The circular path multiplies the force because of the distance from the center point of motion.

More radius distance means that more force is added.

It's not a big deal. You copied the formula wrong. It happens.

20. Long Range

Long Range Fapstronaut

No actually I did use the correct formula and I even provided the source. There is even a centrifugal force calculator that will do the calculation for you, just plug in the variables. Here it is again: F=(m*v²)/R https://www.engineersedge.com/physics/centrifugal_force.htm

Yes, increasing the radius distance does increase force, however you need to understand the period of rotation is one full rotation every 24 hours. That's not a very fast rotation.

Can you please provide the source of your formula?