1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Being lonely is OKAY! Read this if you're lonely

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Soccerfan115, May 24, 2022.

1. Soccerfan115

Soccerfan115 Fapstronaut

First of all, if you're not okay with being single, you'll give of a desperate vibe that will make it less likely for you to get laid/get a partner.

And if you do get a partner, you'll be very vulnerable if you see her (or him) as the meaning of your life. Because if that's the case, you'll be devastated if you get dumped. I knew a guy who killed himself after being dumped by his girlfriend, and that is not uncommon.

You shouldn't be too attached to what you're getting from the world. Focus on what you can give to the world. Because then, you'll be in control of creating a rich and meaningful life.

You should still have interactions with women or men. But do it to challenge social anxiety, practice social skills and to have fun in the moment. Don't be too attached to the outcome.

Let life surprise you.

Reborn16, sparkz, sohardrn and 13 others like this.
  2. DiegoSR

DiegoSR Fapstronaut

Thanks for this, it means a lot in this moment of my life

3. Yeah that's a thing in Stoic philosophy, that we shouldn't be too reliant on or influenced by things outside ourselves, especially things that can't be changed.

Feeble_Minded_Fenton and DiegoSR like this.
  4. Your philosophy is a breath of fresh air!

Kitos likes this.
  5. Soccerfan115

Soccerfan115 Fapstronaut

Thank you I appreciate that :)

6. I love this. Coming from someone who has been with their partner for 14 years even, I can see the value of living by this kind of ethos. Thank you for sharing.

7. Soccerfan115

Soccerfan115 Fapstronaut

No problem and congrats on 14 years with your partner!

8. Soccerfan115

Soccerfan115 Fapstronaut

Glad that you were able to see it :)

DeterminedRebooter likes this.
  9. Precisely!

10. Soccerfan115

Soccerfan115 Fapstronaut

Hope more people are able to see this :)

11. Sh@un2610

Sh@un2610 Fapstronaut

Totally on point!!!