1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fear

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by jurte, Jun 6, 2022.

1. jurte

jurte Fapstronaut

Hi guys!

I will try to keep it as short as possible. Basically, I'm a 22 year old college student, right now this is actually the end of my undergrad studies and I'm working hard on my thesis. The problem is, I don't know what to do next, I want to continue my academic career, but the degree I'm interested in doesn't have a masters degree in my city, only private colleges, and I can't afford that. I also don't have the financial abilities to study in different city. I'm currently also in the process of getting my driver's license, but let me tell you, I really struggle with that and constant relapses do not help me in making progress. For the last couple of months I've also started to consider taking up some sort of MMA or Muay Thai classes, i'm very insecure though. When I was a kid and a teen I never signed up for any sports. In high school I would rather drink and jerk off all the time. I still am addicted to that, in addition with smoking cigarettes. Do you guys have any advices? On whether I should do it? Or maybe it's too late. I'm a relatively athletic guy because I've been working out on a daily basis for a couple of years. But still, do you think I have a chance in the real world?

TheLightOne likes this.
  2. Swift Escape

Swift Escape Fapstronaut

Alright, from the top:

Academic stuff: Are you certain that you're not just trying to delay the inevitable? It doesn't matter what you do, you can get set in particular patterns and it can cause you a fright to change them.
    If you are certain that's not the case, are you sure that the master's degree will actually teach you something you couldn't pick up from books of the subject matter? I wager most topics can be learnt with ~$1000 worth of books you can keep, compared to whatever absurd prices universities charge for classes that can't guarantee the knowledge you need...

Driver's License: Double down on that before you start worrying about whether or not you should continue post-graduation. The freedom of movement is important in the contemporary age. If you don't like driving, then you're certainly not going to want to be traveling to far-off places to study stuff you're ambivalent to.

Martial Arts: Never too late to pick up a skill of any variety. If you're worried your ego might be damaged then buy a punching bag and work the basics, I taught myself Savate that way since I genuinely despise being around other people regardless of format or context.

Lastly, re-read the SPAM REMOVED (spam code #001) - REPORT TO MODERATION method for your relapses on both the p*rn and tobacco front. You've got a lot on your plate, so punch through the smaller stuff. That way, you'll be more confident on the rockier and more complicated things.

jurte likes this.
  3. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

i'm 33 y/o and i think it's not too late this week I'll be signing up for muay thai, for the reason I 'm addictive to PMO , been bullied wheni was little and couldn't defend myself, which until this day the fear of upsetting people is still present and it is effecting my life decisions