1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SSS Vision

SSS Vision Fapstronaut

Day 20. During my initial reboot, the streak seemed to accumulate quickly and the days flew by, every one a new discovery. After resetting almost three weeks ago, this streak seems to be taking forever to build. Everything feels like a trudge over muddy ground I have already trod. I really admire those of you in this fellowship who have reset their counters many times yet keep taking up the challenge--it is hard walking the early path over again.

I felt a little under the weather this morning and decided to go back to bed and try to sleep it off. That worked and I'm heading to the office today to get as much done as I can. The downside was that in my fitful sleep this morning, I had a barrage of arousing dreams. Not much that was explicit or erotic, but I have that blue ball feeling from an extended arousal that did not end in release, and that post-illness heaviness combined with post-arousal fog. These feelings weigh on my like the one ring weighed on Frodo, and I am grateful for this challenge providing me with a simple analogy and example to hold onto on a day like this. Carrying on through the dark!

2. RawringAlphabet

RawringAlphabet Fapstronaut

3. Had a great day, even though haven't really completed all that I wanted regarding reboot, still a solid day

4. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

It is better to leave the material where it is if you have to open and view it to delete and if you got a good streak going on -do not start looking for and deleting it if you feel even a slight hint-suspicion that it's an excuse for the fishing for you.

5. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

6. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 164

Feeling in the dumps again, but who can say they enjoy writing essays indoors on a sunny day?

Fought a lot of temptation while writing, once again boredom began teasing my brain for a kick of dopamine, but I got through. Really felt the urge to make a dating account to chat aimlessly, but stuck to my guideline I recently put in place. Just eeking closer and closer to the next NoFap milestone!

7. Tiburon727

Tiburon727 Fapstronaut

Day 6 done, checking in. So done being an orc but have a few to go.

8. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

9. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

10. Day 4 complete!

Spent the day doing some manual labor, helping our maintenance guy clear out a building where people have been dumping junk for years. Working with your hands is a good feeling. Then in the evening I sat in with a couple different prayer groups hosted at the church here, which was nice for a different part of my being. Gotta keep up the body and the soul.

St. Raphael the Archangel, pray for us!

11. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Good night, brothers
    Today was a good day. But I had some toughy hours also. I didn't slept well enough yesterday and decided to take a nap by the afternoon to recover a bit, but temptations hit me hard in that moment. I started to mindlessly fish through the web. Didn't see anything arousing, but managed to came back to my senses and get out of the rabbit hole. I know where this path would lead me.

I'm going too stay more aware and also take care of my sleep. Classes began today, so I'm really excited to this period.
    God bless you all brothers!!

12. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 5 complete

I am trying to be as honest as possible. I did look at a lot of women, but I turned away from some. I feel like I am a little bit less rested than I would like to and thus will probably encounter greater urges on day 6. I wish to get back to praying and reading the bible and I am still on cold showers as always. I will try keep my phone away from me in dangerous situations.

13. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

14. RealKnight29

RealKnight29 Fapstronaut

Day 8 . Today was hard , tomorrow I will have a so difficult exam i hope i can pass it with a good note, I passed big part of the day studying but that meant less time for urges and now it's time to sleep. God bless you all.

15. ace1234

ace1234 Fapstronaut

2 days 8 hrs

Really late right now so should go to bed. Day flew by pretty fast. I am tempted to watch P but choosing not to and checking in. Going to bed tonight and continue my streak tomorrow.

16. a_unique_user

a_unique_user Fapstronaut

Day 1 as an Orc starts now!

17. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

I'm back:)
    After a week of vacation back home with my friends and family, I'm finally home.

I'm only on day 1 but I'm just happy to be back home and to start creating a new routine

18. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 477 no PMO. My life has been a little hectic traveling back home and the time zone change has messed up my morning routine the last few days. Sorry for not checking in consistently. I should be back on schedule now. I’ve got a lot going on in my life right now but so far I’m handling the pressure well. Just gotta keep putting one foot in front of the other.

19. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut