1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Good night, fellow brothers!
    It was an amazing weekend. I surely received more then what I gave at this church retreat. I'm feeling fresh to start a new week, even though I'm going to have only a few hours of sleep.
    God bless you with his mercies!

2. Tiburon727

Tiburon727 Fapstronaut

3. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

4. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 3

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

Had to dig out this stump with my dad in the yard. We got it out easier than I thought. Then I had dinner with my grandpa.

Urges haven't been very bad lately, but it might just be because I'm away and a bit more distracted.

Happy fathers day to all those concerned and it looks like we got a new batch of White Wizards coming up soon. Most exciting!

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Fapstronaut

I would recommend stopping multi-tasking. I read in a book or 2 that its not healthy to multi-task. Companies say that you need to multi-task because they want more money. But in reality that breaks your ability on concentrating on 1 thing at a time. Also multi-tasking while watching a movie or a tv-show, as you are watching, you are holding your phone and going through the feeds. You are not giving your brain the ability to concentrate on 1 task.

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Fapstronaut

Finished day 4 strong. Had my whole day outside. And even when I returned home, I pushed myself into working out, so I went out again. Got home only to sleep. Had no time to think about PMO. Looking forward for a new day.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  7. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 11 complete

I finished my trip to Amsterdam. Didn’t find time to post. There were not a lot of urges to masturbate or watch P but I was having a hard time keeping my eyes away from the local women. It’s still a habit for me to check out other woman, it’s easier to resist back home, but I still look at them. But besides that I am being careful about sexual matters and I don’t feel strong now. My wife is sad because I didn’t comunicate with her enough during the trip and I feel that there is a lot of chaos in my life right now.

8. a_unique_user

a_unique_user Fapstronaut

Day 6 as an Orc complete.

"I am worth the extra effort!"

Today I start another "challenge" that I have been failing at for longer than I can remember: entertainment.
    I have been over indulging in entertainment and I feel that it has become a bit of a crutch in place of PMO.
    So I have chosen to take a break from all forms of TV/Device related entertainment for the next 7 days to start.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  9. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

In Cognitive Psychology class, the professor literally said, "The human brain does not multitask." What he meant, I believe, was that the brain does one task at a time and just switches. This is not nearly as efficient or accurate as doing one task at a time. There are lots of errors in the task and, more to the point, in judgment.

10. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I'm still P-free, and have been M-free for a few days as well. I feel somewhat better, as I do every time I get to this point.

11. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

12. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 483 no PMO. Still testing positive for Covid. I’ve been sleeping a lot more than normal and still have cold like symptoms but other than that I am feeling ok. I feel I’m handling this as well as I can. I recently came to terms with the fact that “God has a plan for the ultimate greater good. I don’t know what that plan is. It might/probably does involve tough spots for me but I will trust that he knows what he is doing.”

13. Impossible. What's that? I don't have that word in my dictionary

14. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

15. Onubius

Onubius New Fapstronaut

I am new, on the third day today, orc.

16. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut