1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[90-CHALLENGE] THE NINETY DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Oct 27, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ShinyTurtle

ShinyTurtle Fapstronaut

Day 14/90

There is it!! Two weeks without PMO!! Really glad with the progress so far. Need to stay aware in order to not slip up.

Phil 3:12-16, Zori, Karom and 4 others like this.
  2. Ed74

Ed74 Fapstronaut

3. Timothy_James

Timothy_James Fapstronaut

day 14

Has anyone else ever had massive fatigue at any stage in their reboot? I'm having pretty strong urges yesterday and today and I also noticed I've been extremely fatigued as well. Not much else has changed so I'm suspecting maybe it's the chemical changes in my brain causing fatigue.

Anyone else have experience with this?

4. Timothy_James

Timothy_James Fapstronaut

Hey buddy! I'm in school to be a full-stack web dev. I'm 3 months into a 6 month program and the thought of applying and interviewing for jobs is definitely very daunting. I'm really trying to cut the PMO out of my life as well and I see we're both at about 2 weeks. Glad to have you on the journey!

Zori and Karom like this.
  5. bromor

bromor Fapstronaut

Day 51

7 August 2022

6. I wish you all the best in your journey to become a web dev. It is challenging. Which stack are you learning by the way? Also, lets keep up the pace with the journey to PMO freedom. It is good to have someone with a similar streak

bromor likes this.
  7. Brahmacharya_UK

Brahmacharya_UK Fapstronaut

Hey man, strongly related to your post. The job of software developer employs both technical / programming / engineering skills and, as or maybe even more importantly... Soft skills like communication and motivating others. Being on the aspergers/autistic spectrum myself I struggle particularly with the latter. I guess that's why I tend to want to develop my technical skills to an extreme level to compensate for what is lacking in other areas

I'm a computer systems Engineering graduate from a while back, I am very qualified but never yet found a job that fully uses all my skills and pays what I am worth. So true about the pace of change in this field... No sooner you have learned one technology, it has become obsolete and you need to learn the next one.

I was reading the one of the better paid jobs in this industry is Google Cloud Engineer, or Google Cloud Associate Architect... Might be worth looking into these for ever more "Future Proof" skills (If that's such a thing!)

bromor and Karom like this.
  8. MHero

MHero Fapstronaut

Day 11,

After a very long working day, I didn't eat well and I couldn't stop thinking about work...
    I wrote down my thoughts and went to the gym, even there I kept thinking... after training so hard, I felt better and at peace.
    I went home and I planned to play some chess, I won some games, then lost a lot of games...
    Now I feel angry and stressed again. I think I should stop playing chess... I should draw instead.
    ....I feel very frustrated.

Tomorrow shall be better.

Phil 3:12-16, Zori, bromor and 2 others like this.
  9. Reset my counter today. Played with fire got burned. Welcome to hell!
    "And I'm tired of feeling like shit. And I'm tired of revealing I'm trying to quit." Day zero.

10. Thanks for sharing personal info and experience about yourself. It has encouraged me to be honest. Also, you have enlightened me on the significance of soft skills. I remember some time back doing a couple of interviews and I simply could not convey my ideas and communicate effectively. One recruiter mentioned I had poor comm skills and low confidence. Also, I am not really that good when working in a team which is demanded in today's workplace. I am an introverted introvert if that makes any sense. Yes, I should pay a lot of attention to my soft skills. I will research the Google cloud certifications. I think it should be similar to AWS cloud certifications.

bromor likes this.
  11. 16/90- I had to deal with very tough urges yesterday before I slept. This is usually around the time where my urges peak and give me a significantly hard time. So many times I have failed at the two week mark. It's like my brain relentlessly demands it's fix at this point. It is definitely withdrawal. I will have to use will power and my relapse prevention plan to survive this tough period. Also, I cannot afford to use my phone in bed before I go to sleep.

12. GryzzlyMischka

GryzzlyMischka Fapstronaut

Day 1(2): Yesterday was kinda easy, but as I said before, the hardest part for me will be later. But yet, I have managed to make some progress in my life. This is already something good. Yet, it is calm before the storm.

13. Risingbackup2

Risingbackup2 Fapstronaut

14. Brahmacharya_UK

Brahmacharya_UK Fapstronaut

Day 12 - tick tock, the counter ticks. The higher it gets, the less important it is. What's then important is WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE?

15. ShinyTurtle

ShinyTurtle Fapstronaut

16. jathanielnames1471

jathanielnames1471 Fapstronaut

17. bromor

bromor Fapstronaut

18. GarfieldGF

GarfieldGF Fapstronaut

19. Zori

Zori Fapstronaut

20. Phil 3:12-16

Phil 3:12-16 Fapstronaut