1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

congratulations brother!
    It is also my dream bro!:emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle:

2. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

3. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

Congratulations brother!

4. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

25 days
    Low urges yestarday but with some brain fog. Today I feel better, I think that I will able to have a better concentration. I worked out and took a cold shower.

Keep strong my brothers.

5. Great. Congrats

6. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

7. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Congratulations brother ! Well done !
    [​IMG]

8. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

9. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

Day 3
    Checkin out a bit late again...
    Day was very full - I wasnt able to do much morning routine, will do more tomorrow
    Ive done journaling and will do eve routine now
    have a nice sleep!
    Peace

10. Azure the Conquerer

Azure the Conquerer Fapstronaut

11. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

I know that I have not writing here in a long time. but life is good and I'm still here and going strong. I'm trying to read up about nofap and about your progress. thank you for this challenge

12. Zapy97

Zapy97 Fapstronaut

Its been a long time friends. I am back and on day 4? Orc time?

13. theonlyway

theonlyway Fapstronaut

Sting!
    Gotta be ready when the urges sneak up.

Lets start living again!

14. zusya

zusya Fapstronaut

Day 0

I want to see myself make it to being a hobbit. Ever since I started this challenge I've never seen that hobbit signature under my name.

Been bingeing on PMO for the past 3 days. It is messing me up. Today watching the tennis on TV I immediately imagined everyone naked and couldn't stop thinking of it. And then walking back home I imagined all the people I walked past naked.

The scary thing is how it is a slippery slope and PMO quickly manipulates your desires and turns you into somebody you don't even recognise. In the space of 72 hours my values have changed completely because of the grip PMO has on me. I didn't feel guilty after PMOing this evening and that's the worst part. And I hid it from my mum this time (I told her about my recent slips last night).

And there's a girl who works at the swimming pool I go to who seems to be into me, and this evening I started getting hard thinking about her. But it's such a messed up way to think about somebody, because she's making an effort to see if I'm interested in her, and I just go home and masturbate to pictures of girls who look like her. That's what PMO is doing to me. It's pulling me away from the possibility of having a real relationship with a real woman who has needs and desires and hopes and dreams of her own, and instead keeps me hidden in the darkness in my room masturbating to pictures of women who make no demands on me.

I want to tell my mum that I slipped up this evening but I fear that it would push her over the edge, as she's beside herself with worry over my sister, who has gone out to meet a lesbian girl she met recently at a concert, and we reckon she's treating it as a date.

I feel incredibly relieved from all the pressure of my life in this moment. But it is a superficial kind of relief and I expect it will bite me on the arse very soon. The worst part is how PMO is changing my values. Things that used to disgust me are becoming normalised for me.

I think it would be too much for my mum if I told her tonight that I PMOd. I intend to tell her soon, once she's calmed down about my sister. In the meantime, I have just messaged a friend and asked him if he would be my accountability partner for 21 days. He said yes, so we're gonna have our first call tomorrow. I'm going to support him in his journey towards finding a partner and he's going to support me with getting into a better, healthier state of being by the end of these 21 days.

I have been a wreck for a long time and it's not a good look. It's duplicitous as I put on a facade of charisma and smiles at church but in secret I am a snake. Most of the time when I'm not jaded by PMO, my heart longs for an intimate relationship with another person - someone I can be honest with, vulnerable with, who I can share all my heart with. It's interesting how much I'm thinking about myself in this moment, rather than thinking about the other person, how I want to be there for her. I expect that's because of the way PMO has messed with me.

The best thing for me to do now is to get into a healthier state of mind and take a step towards finding a partner, to build a relationship with a real woman. That's what I need in order to grow into the man I want to be. At this point I am "still a baby on my mother's bended knee", to quote the song "Have Mercy" by The Other Favorites. It's time for me to grow up and stop whinging like a little boy.

15. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Congratulations brother!

16. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 181

Mixed feelings today; I’ve been very tired after staying up cleaning my flat, and had to spend a few hours today moving my belongings to my new home. This left me feeling quite vulnerable and insecure, leading me to feel overly-sensitive about workplace banter; I was very good friends with my old flatmate and his fiancé and I’ll miss their constant company, and while I don’t know my new housemate as well he’s a lovely guy and I hope to get to know him better.

Despite my low mood I didn’t have to face any urges today, instead I was motivated to treat this as the new start I need. Gym first thing tomorrow, finish unpacking, and then travelling to a family wedding - step by step journeying closer towards the man God is shaping me into.

17. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Incredible! I've been watching you post for a long time. Congrats!

18. Tiburon727

Tiburon727 Fapstronaut

19. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

palindrome ( 181 )