1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut

Dawn of the 3rd day.

– PMO forces have spotted you!! With haste you use the Bucklebury Ferry to cross the Brandywine river.

Thinking about the theme of this challenge. While I have watched the movies, it has been quite a long time so I've taken some time to read about the events at Mount Doom. Incase anyone in this thread has not experienced LotR I won't spoil it. Having an understanding of what transpired is a key to seeing how this challenge is different from many others. Read or watch LotR, highly recommend. If you've only watched the movies, read about how the book differs at the end.

Outside of our day counter, any time we stand at the cusp of relapse we are standing over the fires of Mount Doom with the PMO Ring in hand.

2. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

I'm sad to report that I have relapsed last night and today by the morning. I had a very tiring and busy day, and at night I started scrolling through reddit to see some memes and relax a bit. But some softcore pics appeared to me and I started to go down the rabbit hole. I ended up watching hardcore stuff and PMOing twice. By the morning, I relapsed again MOing out of sadness.

It is indeed a lie. I was fooled, P deceived me. It took my joy and made me miserable. It's never worth it and I hate it. I hate that it exists.

Yet I know that I have the opportunity to choose, and right now I'm choosing to rise up again and restart. PMO has not defeated me yet!

3. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

As I am you, my friend. Onwards to success! Let's keep to the path.

4. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship Friends!

2 Days Free of PMO.

Experienced Vertigo yesterday, I believe the culprit was all the additional screen time through a variety of dopamine chases. Rather unpleasant and I hope it passes me quickly.

I have already reset some blockers on my phone with downtime and certain apps blocked(social media really). Imagine that my screen time is already cut by approx 60% so far.

Have a good day friends.

5. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

39 days
    Middle urges yestarday but managed beeing focused in my work. Yestarday I had something like a wet dream but I didn't cum, but I have the remember of some sex in my dreams. I didn't slept well too, I'm stress for some job taks that I'm doing.

Today I worked out and took a cold shower.

Yestarday I noticed that the number of the days respect of our counter have changed, so I'm a dwarf!
    Keep strong my brothers!

6. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

7. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Day 343

@Ready to Stop I'm gonna be sincere with you. I was quite surprised by your unexpected relapse. Didn't think this should happen at all... But God has a plan. For every event, for every one of us. Every second...

I think your relapse, even if is not a good thing, it will make you understand the others better. Living this time of temptations just as some of our brothers do, will make you have a renewed vision to help them. Even it may help you, and it will with God's grace, to be wiser

8. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

9. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut

It can happen to the best of us. One thing to consider is the actual value surfing Reddit has on your life. Is it worth the risk?

10. zusya

zusya Fapstronaut

Day 2

Quest Item - Sting :emoji_zap:

I realised I am very lonely a lot of the time, and a lot of the suffering I’m experiencing comes from isolating myself and spending time in my own head. I joined an online Zoom discussion group from my church this evening and it was a healing experience for me. I felt my heart unwinding and all the knots becoming undone as I sat there in everyone else’s presence. The topic was Burnout, and I shared about what I’ve been going through lately and they listened to me and encouraged me. I’m grateful.

I’m looking forward to going away next week. It will do me a lot of good.

11. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 195

Quite a busy day but spent in good company; met some key people in the Church I work for and was encouraged to hear their plans for the future as well as their support for the work we’re doing as a team.

No urges, but I really seem to be in an odd place with women. I’m meeting lots of people I’m interested in and I’m not normally so distracted by this, I just hope things settle.

12. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 78
    Good morning friends! , Yesterday I defeated the PMO evil .But I Know PMO evil definitely come to fight with me again. Today is a very beautiful day. All the birds are singing and mist are covered everywhere. Today My mind is very clear. Good luck!

13. SSS Vision

SSS Vision Fapstronaut

Day 1 check in. Sting obtained. Days PMO-free in 2022: 187 out of 195.
    I'm going to come at this from both angles--trying to accrue the longest streaks I can while celebrating how many days of my life I am living without PMO in them. Sort of like Frodo carrying the ring towards Mount Doom: the progress still matters even if I slip up and put the ring on my finger. The less often that happens, the further I am from the gaze of the Nazgul and Sauron's Eye. But all is not lost from one mistake; I have friends to help me back on the path and I am stronger than I think.

14. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

checking in day 6 and 7. Didn't check in yesterday. Feel urges growing. Start looking at women in public again. All signs that I might relapse soon

15. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 36 (4 hard mode) days complete

I am starting to feel horny. My behaviour is not really changing, I still skip the harmful content and try to look away from women, but I keep getting these short phantasies that are hard to control, they just pop up it seems. And tonight I had a dream in which I made love to my wife. I didn't remember it at first, but I felt the effect it had on my body. I guess I need time to aclimatize to the hard mode.

@RiseToGreatness thank you for the encouragement.

16. 2

I can tell, there's goodness in this forum. Good for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2022
  17. Great analogy

I personally think that it's cool that you have an erotic dream about your wife

18. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Day 79,
    Another day in. Man i cant stress enough how shitty last night was. It was like a hijack. I was constantly leaning towards both ends of right and wrong. What wasn't helping was what ever i was doing there was always a trigger involved. Watching a movie, playing a fantasy game, YouTube, even fucking comic books. I couldn't sleep properly, and worse I think I got something along the lines of anxiety attack. I was on cusp on PMO-ing yet i was able to not indulge in that. It was so hard but I was hanging in there, reasoning with myself. I was almost at the doors of P sites which i used in the past but i was able to rationalize and get away from there. I also had this Hugh space growing in my chest which made me all kinds of anxious and all of the sudden i got an erection. I don't even know what happen, maybe it was constant back and forth but I got hard. Old me would have been caught up in the chaser effect but now this ME. I was able to talk myself out of it and remind myself the reasons why, people who look up to, my duels of nofap match, all the things i was able to remember. And whew, I nearly dodged a bullet there. I constantly told myself, if I do this, things will go back to the way they were. I would like to thank NOFAP emergency button which showed me this video of NEO from matrix taking the pill for truth. I helped me put things in perspective at least. It was a hard fought battle but i won. Now I have won the battle, a bigger war lingers. I have to prepare myself, all the things i neglected came crashing down last night and now i will fix them as I should have all those times. I will not fall this time. HOO-AH

19. Belvedere

Belvedere Fapstronaut

Forgot to post day 3 so here we go! This is my first run trying to do no PMO and not no PM. It's exciting, as I have researched semen retention for quite a bit - and I can finally give it a try. I believe "spilling your seed" directly correlates with having lack of energy - since our sperm have so much energy it can produce life. And why are we wasting that.

Anyway have a great day, will check in day 4 later today also