1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

no bro, but that is a sign that you´re drifting. find the cause and take measures. Go! :emoji_muscle:

2. RiseToGreatness

every situation is different, but what helped me stop my latest binging cycle, is to draw an action plan (and write it down in my memos) to prevent binging. and it worked. it goes as follow:

- while you´re still numb, erase all content from the PMO session.
    - shut down all eletronic devices, all of them.
    - sit and write down a retroactive journal entry detailing "what happened?", "what can i do different next time?", "why am i doing this (life vision)?"
    - be accountable to the Fellowship/AP.
    - read the "buy-in". the "buy-in" is a list of things detailing the pro´s of PMO, the cons of PMO, the cost of quitting PMO, the benefits of quitting PMO, and the Anchor Vision (how do you want your life to be).
    - If possible, keep the eletronic devices shut down for the rest of the day.
    - Don´t be alone for the rest of the day.
    - Keep your triggers prevention system real tight on the next days and weeks, until you feel solid again.

My weak spot is binging, so i´m not a proven autority on that, but this helped me last time to stop the cycle, so i hope it can help you too. Best of luck my brother :)

We love you, no matter what!

3. RiseToGreatness

Great milestone my brother!! :) Keep it up :)

4. RiseToGreatness

Great idea brother!! i think i´ll start using it. thanks!! :)

5. RiseToGreatness

Good afternoon my brothers!! How are you doing?! :)

Sorry for not checking in yesterday, i took my car to the revision inspection, and instead of waiting a couple of hours, the revision took the entire day cause the place was packed with vehicles. i ended up not working the whole day (i was on foot and the place was far from everything), and visitting the shops back and forth until my car was delivered, on the end of the day.

the office manager excused the delay and even gave me a discount on the services :). On a good note, despite the dreaful 9 hours boredom, i could keep myself calm and collected :)

Today so far is being a regular day, still withdrawal (leg pain, fatigue, anxiety, brain fog...) but manageable, doing the wim hof method.

Nothing more to add my friends!! Have a great day!! :D :emoji_muscle:

@Gallade_Templar is flamming with inspiration :) ;)

"Not only did Tolkien invent various fictional languages, he even showed the ways those languages changed over time based on their contact with different groups of people. This is the level of dedication, creativity, and sheer genius we are capable of achieving for ourselves once we leave our bad habits behind."

but @Kratos_GOW doesn´t stay behind ;)

"In fact, it probably happened to Marcus—that may be why he scribbled this note to himself. Perhaps he’d been dealing with difficult senators or having difficulties with his troubled son. Perhaps in these scenarios he’d lost his temper, became depressed, or stopped checking in with himself. Who wouldn’t? But the reminder here is that no matter what happens, no matter how disappointing our behavior has been in the past, the principles themselves remain unchanged. We can return and embrace them at any moment."

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
  6. Day 8
    Early Check In. Alarm! Testosterone is peaking and by the end of week it will reach to levels unsustainable. I haven't yet figured how to channel correctly. Definitely don't want to be outdoors. Like go where? I will end up going places, riding bikes at speeds and rubbing people with my insensitivity and perceived cockiness. It's going to be a tough week again. I used domination tactics on a guy today, I clearly was challenging him indirectly. But then, I think that guy deserved it.
    I need to either turn off some testosterone or find a way to channel it to proper end. I have banned all research on news that focuses on war, geopolitics, and all masculine tracks I get drawn to. My plan is to read few chapters of Bhagavad Gita and hope it has answers to this obstacle.

7. a_unique_user

a_unique_user Fapstronaut

Day 5 as a Hobbit complete!
    Been keeping myself very busy. It's helping steer me away from the urges.
    "I am worth the extra effort!"

8. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

I am glad you find my words motivating friend.

9. SSS Vision

SSS Vision Fapstronaut

Day 7 check in. Days PMO-free in 2022: 193 out of 201.
    “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” — Galadriel

10. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Day 349

Congratulations brother!! You're absolutely right it's a decision we have to stand for. All our life.

11. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Put more stress on basics like good sleep,good moderate food and sufficient physical activity through the day. It takes just about 15 days clean to start feeling optimistic again and at 30 you gonna fly again.;)Well reduce your challenge at work to the levels you feel quite comfortable with by delegating more and maybe hiring someone (even temporary) to cover the period of recovery to your mental faculties. Stay on path brother and it is just a matter of short time until you come back to your former capable and strong self.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
  12. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

I think you can reduce testosterone by jogging for an hour a day(obviously with breaks if you need them) in the mornings or in the gym on the treadmill.As well as doing some hard exercise program in splits ,can be either body weight or any resistance aiming for 15-20 reps in a set. This way you can reduce testosterone and maybe even change the way you look if you stick with it.

13. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

14. zusya

zusya Fapstronaut

Thanks bro, I appreciate that. Good video too. Keep up the good work. The more virtuous choices you make, the easier it to make virtuous choices. It becomes second nature, habitual. You will get there bro. And so will I. We will get there

15. zusya

zusya Fapstronaut

Day 5

I arrived at a religious retreat from my church. I will be here for a few days. I have a lot of different emotions. It is wonderful beyond words to see some old friends that I have not seen in forever, and I feel such warmth just hugging and being together again after so many years. It is wonderful to be around them again. I didn’t realise how much I missed them, and I am looking forward to spending time together these next few days. It feels as though nothing has changed. I love these guys. We have deep ties.

At the same time, there are one or two people here who I’m on bad terms with and I feel agony in my heart over it. I don’t know what to do about it. I pray every day for an answer, for healing. You can’t force these things, I will wait again and trust that things will open up in their own time.

Grateful to have Leonard Cohen and Damien Rice to ease my anxious soul and troubled heart.

16. zusya

zusya Fapstronaut

I think it’s an opportunity for you to find a bigger purpose to abstaining from PMO than just having a streak. It’s an opportunity for you discover what it is you really want in life, what your heart desires, and to refocus your energies on that. Tap into that and PMO will pale in comparison.

17. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 201

Naturally, after reaching a significant milestone, what else would my PMO-brain do except give me nightmares of relapsing? This caused quite a stunted morning but I guess all I can do is laugh, I’d rather imagine it than it actually happen!

Was convinced by my coworkers to sign up to a speed dating event that they’re also attending; I don’t feel 100% about it, but I’m treating it as a means to remind myself that I can have self-confidence and can talk to women without being encumbered by the burden of PMO. It’s not for another week or so but I think it’ll play on my mind, hopefully it can be an enjoyable and educational experience.

18. Day 4 complete! A brave friend, Tom Bombadil, takes notice of my quest. He teaches me a rhyme to summon him if I fall into danger within his borders. Quest Aid – Song of Bombadil :emoji_notes:

Wednesdays are my day off and I'm happy to report I took full advantage of it in positive ways. I baked some banana bread to share with the office staff, completed a 5-mile run with lots of hills while having no calf trouble, and wrote two pages of a story. My creative energy and the artistic side of my brain always take a big hit whenever I reset, but I notice that a few days into the streak, like now, I get a big rush of that energy coming back. I'm very happy to have it.

St. Faustina Kowalska, pray for us!

19. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 84
    6 days left for day 90:)

20. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

13 days – The PMO forces were at your tail but you crossed the Ford of Bruinen, leaving them behind. The House of Elrond is in sight!