1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Congratulations brother!! Super mark!! :)

You are now a Valar, one of the Powers of Arda. Your grace blesses the Fellowship :emoji_star2::emoji_sparkles::emoji_sunny:

[​IMG]

2. RiseToGreatness

Very nice my brother, very nice :). Keep it going!!!

day 125 - ithilien 2.jpg

3. RiseToGreatness

29 days Fellowship! Going good.

So today, after several false starts, i made my morning jog :D. Went to the woods and the experience was allright :). Started with some stretches like you recommended, then some walk, and then run. i just endured a couple of minutes, since i´m totally out of shape, but i enjoy it :)

the air was very cool and bright and the forest seemed to have a wake up aura of it´s own. very nice experience :). then i went home and do all my planned stuff. nice productive morning. in the afternoon i´m going to the beach with the family.

still feeling withdrawal symptoms but i´m accepting them and manage the best i can :)

Checking out brotherhood. Have a great day!

4. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Thank you my friend. Keep going strong

5. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Congratulation on achieving a whole year goal my friend. I look forward in reading your success story.

6. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

7. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut

8. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

9. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut

23 days. No PMO. Deadly! Been pmoing for 30 years. Longest streak before now was 27 days. Only made it over 20 days a few times. I put covenant eyes on all my stuff. It not being a secret anymore is keeping me away from it it seams. Also started taking a multivitamin for brain health a couple months ago. Seams to be helping. I am doing so good. Having a rough day though. First day at a new job and I already can’t stand it. Been working on the road for 2 years already. Might have to jump ship and get on a job closer to home before I lose it. I will feel this out for a few more days.

10. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

I found this one quite interesting about believing and not.

11. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

12. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

13. i89rt5

i89rt5 Fapstronaut

day 8

As expected, today has been challenging to me, but I'm still resisting. I have made up my mind resisting it til I fall asleep tonight. One day at a time.

14. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Congratulations! You’ve been a real inspiration to me brother, and you are a testament to what can be achieved!

15. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 101
    Thank you brother:emoji_heart:. You can do it too.
    Thanks brother:emoji_heart: @Kratos_GOW , brother Sorry for delaying to wish your 100 th day mile stone. Congratulations..:emoji_tada::emoji_tada::emoji_tada::emoji_tada:
    much love:emoji_heart:
    Thanks brother:emoji_heartbeat:
    Thanks brother , You can do it too.:emoji_heart:

Thank you for everyone . Without My fellows , I can't reach 100 day milestone . When I joined the challenge about 3 months ago ,I was in the day 0. Lot of brothers motivated me to reach day 1 . I have remembered these old days yet.... old is gold.

16. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

brother Sorry for delaying to wish your 100 th day mile stone. Congratulations..:emoji_tada::emoji_tada::emoji_tada::emoji_tada:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
  17. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

18. Day 2 complete!

Mmph, it was a hard day, harder than I was expecting. My run didn't go well because of my left hamstring hurting and lots of side cramps making it hard to breathe. I still covered the entire route I had planned even though I had to walk most of it. This could have been a blessing in disguise--I used up much time and energy which may have otherwise tempted me to PMO. Tomorrow is the last day of my summer assignment at a local church, so I spent all the time after dinner packing up my things. It's difficult to take everything out of the room I've been living in for two months and to make sure it will all fit in bags and a suitcase. Also, while I'm happy to go see my family for a week before returning to seminary, the moving around to a "new" environment and disrupting some of my routines might make me more vulnerable to PMO. We'll see.

One reason I might be experiencing failure over and over again without much success is because I still see this as an individual struggle, something I must face alone. I only remember the Fellowship at night when I'm checking in. This needs to improve. All of you can be a great motivation for me not to PMO so that I don't let you down.

St. Benedict of Nursia, pray for us!

19. SSS Vision

SSS Vision Fapstronaut

Day 24 check in. Days PMO-free in 2022: 210 out of 218.

This morning I went solo hiking in the mountains, running as much of the trail as I could. Normally in August the heat would be almost unbearable by noon, but today it was overcast and rainy, and after climbing 5,659 feet in almost 7 miles, I was literally walking in the clouds for the last mile. The wildflowers were blooming abundantly, there were only a few other souls on the trails, and it was a sublime, surreal, peaceful experience communing with nature in solitude. After traveling 13.35 miles and all of that elevation in just over 5 hours by foot, it was also physically exhausting in a very satisfying and healthy way. I feel blessed to the point of being overwhelmed to live so near my own misty mountains and to be able (physically, materially, and temporally) to make excursions like this whenever I want to. And the side benefit of expending this much energy in nature? Zero urges today of any kind.

20. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Glad i could help.