1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

100 Cold Approaches

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by StoicContemplation, Dec 12, 2020.

1. @StoicContemplation you are overthinking. Sometimes it happens. But always try to remain simple, talking to a girl is not rocket science.

Also overthinking, creating rules and even scripts to talk to girls is a lazy simplistic way of seeing social interactions, which are always spontaneous, dinamic and unpredictable.

A girl can sense when you follow a script it doesn't work. I remember I used to write scripts of what to say to a girl when I was a little boy then I took a creativity writing course at the University. The teacher just told us: "write whatever is in your head"

And that is it. In terms of talking to girls always be spontaneous and say whatever is in your head at the spot.

And another important lesson I learned about talking to girls is

WHEN TALKING TO GIRLS DON'T THINK TOO MUCH.

Try to be funny and empathic, try to know her as a person because words are a reflection of you inner self they reflect who you are and why are you approaching her.

If you just see the girl as another hook up or another date or another cold approach number then that makes the interaction artificial and girls are 100 times more smart than us and know what you are up to. They see through our fakeness.

Be real and treat her with respect. Forget pua techniques, or following a script when talking to girls. You are just talking to another person.

StoicContemplation likes this.
  2. For me I have never said to a girl that I like her, and I talk to her simply as another human who happens to cross paths with me. I'm more interested in knowing her as a person she already knows I want to sleep with her. Sex will happen.

For me I subconsciously try to make the girl chase me, to see me not so interested in sex. Then they become curious and they start to chase me, to seduce me. I become a challenge a mistery in a way.

I remember someone told me the only difference between rape and love is patience.

It's important not to mistake lust and emotions as who you are. Don't romanticize horniness or being emotional that is not your real you. Your real self is a strong confident man who doesn't care if the girl sleeps or not with you.

You are the prize.

3. I like Craig Fergusson advice on talking to girls. He used to have an interview show talking to the most stunning girls of the world.

He basically says he talks to all people with the same respect and attention. The male waitress at the restaurant or the hot supermodel he talks both the same way. That is it.

His interviews are quite cool and funny one can learn a thing or two from how he talks to girls. At the beginning of every interview he stars by breaking the script with the questions he has to ask to the girl and simply starts to talk spontaneously.

4. You put your finger on something really important. I'm around guys who are coaches in this field. And I can tell you that nobody has a real answer about dating. Everyone is trying to find answers but in the end, no one can find a universal answer that is applicable to everyone. Everyone is lost and trying to hold on to what they can.

And that's the real black hole for guys like you and me, with logical brains, needing guidance to progress. There is no tutorial. You can read any book, watch any video. When you meet a woman, it doesn't matter. It doesn’t change anything.

You didn't do anything wrong with this girl. You did what you thought was right at the time.
    game is trying to make you perfect. And because of that you're getting away from who you are. Because approaching women in the street means paying attention to: being accepted by women. And if you are not accepted by women, you have to change who you are. You have to be better than you are now because it wasn't enough. Wich causes pain and I have to admit for a long time I suffered from this

This is not true. Women reject you because you don't accept yourself. It's the other way around. Because un your head you don’t accept to be loved with your stengthes and imperfections. Not because you are not good enough. And sometimes they reject you for no reason at all. Because that's how it has to be. We’re in the street, and sometimes we forget that.

It's been a while since I realized that I couldn't change some things about myself. So what choice do I have but to accept what I can't change.
    Today I have relationships with women. I don't sleep with 10 women a year but I am happy, that's the most important thing.
    The relationships I've had this year, I haven't done anything special. I've just been me.

I think that game has its level of positivity but also can be a source of suffering. Women are tough on the street, and you know that as well as I do.

Not thinking is impossible when you have a logical mind. It's not that simple. Of course in an ideal world you would like to have 0 doubts and live your life like that. But that's not the case.
    But self-confidence isn't about not having any doubts, it's about living with your doubts. Having doubts but being aware if these doubts, and taking action despite all of that

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2022
    silex_jedi and resilient bastard like this.
  5. Always, then what's the point?
    Unless you just wanted to talk to her but if you are attracted to her and she looks open to talk go for the number.

What If you don't ever see her again? Never wait for another chance to ask for a number. It could be too late.

It Is Possible likes this.
  6. DevilMayFry

DevilMayFry Fapstronaut

I wish to write here on day. I’m currently working on issues in therapy, which I hope will lead me to be able to see women as equal, and not as a figure to prove my worthiness and seeing sex as the ultimate indication of status & acceptance.

ThinkSmarter likes this.
  7. Unless she is a gold digger girls don't care about expensive dates. Just a coffee or an ice cream can be enough. You are the date you is the one she wants to know.

About a formula to ask for a number. There's no formula you just have to go for it.

Usually the first times asking for the number can be scary after a while it can get less scary because of practice.

Make out your mind too if you are just making excuses for not doing it then better not do it. Work with what you have.

8. Gym

I went back to the gym after 6 months of not going and talked to two girls. There were two more but I didn't speak to them. One I liked but she looked a bit crazy so I refrained, the other one gave me a bad vibe so I avoided her. Even do I know her from before.

I also did not flirt because the gym is a place I go frequently and people are quite aware when a man is flirting or simply talking to a girl we assume one is flirting even me thinks this way and if they see me flirting a lot then I win a reputation of being a ladies man.

So instead of just asking the number of every girl I see I will only ask the number of a girl I like a lot and gives me signs of being into me too.

It seems easy to approach to be honest, as I see it I simply put up an excuse to start a conversation and then I keep going and at the end I simply ask the girls number. I used to think when I was talking to a girl an excuse to ask her number but I see now there's no need you just ask the number after a little talk if she seems open to the conversation and gives signs of liking you.

Another good thing is I kept my strength and my weight. So happy about that.

One approach

The girl approaches me
    She: are you here?
    Talking about a machine
    Me: yeah
    Then she just leaves.
    After I'm done with the machine I approach her
    Me: are you going to use the machine?
    She: yes
    Me: how many plates?
    She: five
    Here I notice she has a decent energy, I noticed that before but also in the way she speaks she is attractive but I simply don't feel chemistry.
    After a while I talk back to her
    Me: it's been six months I don't train.
    She: really!?
    She acted surprised because I was lifting very heavy
    She: why did you go that hard then?
    Me: I don't know but it seems I still have my strength so that is good.
    She : she looked at my body and was smiling and a bit surprised.

Then we saw each other again at the stretching, functional training room. I was dancing and stretching and she was jumping the rope.
    That could have been a perfect opportunity to ask for her number because we are alone. But once again I don't want anything with her.

I've seen that when you are a bit popular at the gym or you seem friendly even if you lift heavy weights girls feel more attracted to you. I think very few people can outlift me at the gym. Not even guys that use steroids.

Even do not necessarily I say hi to a girl or start a conversation to be popular, I do it mostly to be friendly and respectful to people I see often or will see often. But only if they have good energy. Otherwise I just ignore people completely even if it's a coach, bad energy I won't tolerate unless is job related.

9. Don't tell her anything unless you are going to marry her or something. Otherwise it's just weak and stressing. I've been poor and also had money and I never over expent on girls. Even with money I had dates of seeing a girl at the park and not even buying her a soda is enough. It's your presence that matter.

Let's say you become boyfriends or more serious, maybe just tell her I'm studying for some months and I'm a little short of money. And don't over explain yourself. That is weak.

Do not reduce your worth or quality of a relationship or knowing someone becuase you are short of money. That is a mistake.

I had dates with only 30 dollars on my bank account, I've got laid and even went on dates with different girls on such low budget.

Also be smart, just invite her to a coffee or an ice cream, a juice. You are the 9ne who decides what to do. It's under your control. Not worry about it.

10. StoicContemplation

StoicContemplation Fapstronaut

I took a very long hiatus from daygame again. I basically spent all the summer writing on my thesis and studying for a course I had a re-sit exam of.

I can actually add some approaches to my counter.

After I finished my exam last week, I did some impromptu approaches, despite being mentally depleted that day. I don't really have any intention to describe the interactions. They were indirect.

57/100

I'll probably get back into some daygame soon. Suffice to say that my diet got a bit out of control during the last month and a half. I'm first working on getting my life into a healthy pattern again.

I guess it's easy to complain about the lack of leads, but this supposes a sense of entitlement. I haven't been approaching for a while. According to which rule shoud my lack of action be rewarded? That's nonsense.

What I like about cold approaching is that YOU are taking control of your dating life by actually going out there in the wilderness. The flipside of the coin is that when you take a break from it, you don't become bitter, because you know that you can go out there anytime and get something out of it sooner or later.

Spirituss and 100 Days like this.
  11. 9/100

I approached a girl at the school campus. I walked by and saw her, then turned around and talked to her and said “hey this is my first day here, do you go to this school?”

She said she usually has classes on the other side of campus. We talked for about 15 seconds, and then she started looking at her book or phone again. I said “nice meeting you” and left. She wasn’t showing any signs of interest

Clearminded_1234 and Spirituss like this.
  12. Clearminded_1234

Clearminded_1234 Fapstronaut

Way to go man! This seemed to be a very natural way you start the convo... gauging the surroundings and talking about it. You know what would be good next time is for you to just continue to conversation and almost make it a mission to try to annoy her in a playful way. That would really put you out of your comfort zone but also be good for you in the long run as it would take pressure off expecting anything.

100 Days likes this.
  13. StoicContemplation

3 approaches. 1 number

I quit caffeine and sugar completely since 2 days so I'm having pretty severe withdrawal symptoms. Fatigue, headaches, irritablilty, depression...

Anyway, I was in the city. I was totally not in the mood to talk with anyone, given my current mental foginess.

I'm only going to write about the one that lead to a number close. I sat next to a Middle-Eastern girl on the bench on a train platform. I was already discarding the idea of talking to her. What the hell is there to talk about? So I decided to just read in my e-book. But then I read the following passage in my book:

"When you are depressed you may fail to initiate any meaningful activity not only because you conceive of any task as terribly difficult, but also because you feel the reward simply wouldn’t be worth the effort."

So I broke the ice with a simple "is that a good phone" opener. We start chatting. She puts her headphones away. We continue the conversation on the train. I number close before I'm getting off.

The obstacles you face are always internal...

60/100

100 Days and t0b1 like this.
  14. Very good approach man, natural.

And yes I still think social media are an incredible way to keep in touch with people, to showcase yourself and to express your personality. I wouldn't bet on snapchat but rather on instagram.

it's totally normal that you don't know what to say after taking her number. You still have performance anxiety and that stuff takes years to go away.

But a little tip that will help you is to make things as simple as possible. No long messages, no insecurities. You just say something like
    "hey it's 'your name', it was nice meeting you, up for a drink next week?".
    that's it. Simple, effective and to the point

100 Days likes this.
  15. There is no "how often", "how" etc. You do what you want. If you want to answer right away you answer right away and if you want to wait hours you do that too. You decide what is right for you.

However, there are some things you should not do. You should not talk to a woman to say.. nothing. Or to get to know her. It's a waste of her time and communicates the fact that you place too much importance on not "losing her". This means that she will subconsciously think that you can't live without her. and at this point you don't know her so it's worse.

Messages are just to see the girl again. No, you don't have to talk to her between the time you propose the date and the date. You have your own life and your life comes before what people think of you.
    It doesn't mean being indifferent and not caring about people. You can show empathy when you need to. But you don't need this girl.
    For example, I was supposed to see the girl I'm seeing tonight and she cancelled saying she had an allergy since yesterday. I told her "oh no!! bad news, get well :)". But the rest of the week I don't talk to her because I have my life.
    She sent me back a message saying that we would meet again when she is well.
    Dating is just being normal. No dependence on others.

Send her a message proposing a place, date and time, be kind. But nothing unnecessary, nothing uncalibrated. You don't know her yet

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2022
    100 Days and t0b1 like this.
  16. StoicContemplation

3 approaches. 1 date.

So it's been a while since I updated this thread [not that I have had much approaches/dates to talk about].

Today I had a date with the Moroccon girl I approached 2 weeks ago. The approach is described in my last post.

In essence, it was a nice interaction. At a certain point I ask her why she thinks I talked to her. She says that she knows why. At this point I'm verbalizing my intent. She then says that she isn't looking for something romantic right now. She said that her friends told her to tell me this in person. I interpret this as follows: I'm LJBF'd [friendzoned].

But should I take these words for granted? Or isn't this a pretty convenient response for a women when a man states his romantic interest? Did she think that I meant a "serious relationship" when I stated my intent? Should I have not verbalized but do physical escalation instead and see how she responds [I did a bit of touching, she didn't seem to resist].

I have a lot of conflicting thoughts right now... Afterwards I texted some game aware guys and they told me that I shouldn't pay attention to what she says and try to escalate until the train crashes. On the other hand, I'm glad that I at least stated my interest. What was there to lose? She seems to want to hang out again. Maybe there's still a window of oppurtunity?

Anyway, did 3 approaches today. One of them was direct. Didn't went great, but I'm glad that I'm trying. I think I also did a directions opener on public transport a few times over the past weeks. Will add 2 more to the counter.

65/100
    4 dates

So I'm finally finished with all my academic tasks, so I have time for daygame again. Will be trying something tomorrow probably.

Spirituss, 100 Days and t0b1 like this.
  17. StoicContemplation

2 approaches. 1 instant date.

I'll only write a bit about the approach that led to the i-date.

I was walking in the fashion street, courting negative thoughts about approaching. I go into a side street and I see a girl walking a bit further. I do the approach. I do more of a side stop instead of a front stop and open indirectly.

She immediately said that she's from Japan and that it's her first day in Europe. I got for the instant date and take her to a café. She immediately starts asking me if I do this a lot, what I think of Asian girls, etc. I admit to her that I had a date in the café with another girl yesterday. I touch her leg a bit and she doesn't resist. At a certain point I propose to sit at another table with just a sofa so that we sit next to each other. Here I do more heavy escalation. She doesn't recipcrocate, but doesn't resist either.

I then show her the city a bit. Then we go to a bar. Got the number and then we split.

67/100
    4 dates
    2 i-dates

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    SPQR likes this.
  18. StoicContemplation

I did 10 approaches today.

I'm pretty tired of all the walking today so I don't think I will be describing the interactions. The point now is to come out of the comfort zone and do daygame more often

77/100

Spirituss likes this.
  19. StoicContemplation

5 approaches. 2 numbers.

Went to the centre to do some approaching [I'm housesitting in the capital city]. Not a "big session" where I pushed myself to the limit, but I'm glad that I took action. 3 of the approaches were direct. Normally I don't have the balls to go somewhere on my own [that is, without a wing] and do direct approaches. When I entered the centre I miss some opportunities and I'm beating myself up about it, having self-defeating negative thoughts. But that's all-or-nothing thinking really. Missing a cold approach opportunity is of no significance. Backing out of one opportunity doesn't mean that you will be backing out of all the others.

One of the approaches was a Malaysian student. I said to her that she had a serious walk and that I wanted to find out why. I tried to take on the burden of conversation by making an assumption about her studies, ramble a bit about that topic, and then she hooked. The conversation went pretty well and at a certain point I wanted to end it but she kept talking. Will ping her tomorrow.

Other number was an indirect opener in the metro station where I asked a girl for directions [which was actually genuine]. This wasn't really a good conversation because we didn't really reach the point of a personal conversation where she asked me questions. At a certain point I went direct by telling her that she looks nice and then I grabbed her number.

I see the potential of going out a few times a week, walking a bit after work approaching a handful of girls. I don't see myself becoming a fulltime daygamer, but this shows that a quick daygame session can be clocked in at a time when girls are leaving work, without having to strut around the streets aimlessly all day. It seems way better than just sitting at home, live a sedentary lifestyle and look at a screen, if you ask me.

82/100

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    100 Days likes this.
  20. StoicContemplation

Had another date with the Moroccon girl yesterday. We had lunch. I did a bit of escalation and went for the kiss close when we split up. Got rejected.

Yesterday I did 5 approaches. Nothing glamorous. No real impetus to describe them. They were indirect. Today I also did one cold approach.

88/100

100 Days and silex_jedi like this.