1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

BEAT YOUR LONGEST STREAK

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Jefe Rojo, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Nice work RMD, keep going strong!

2. TideHunter

TideHunter Fapstronaut

3. Dragar

Dragar Fapstronaut

4. It’s been a while. I’m starting over.

Day 0/17

5. ganim3d3s

ganim3d3s Fapstronaut

6. 0/98. Unfortunately the urges got the best of me today. :(

ganim3d3s and ConstantineReboot like this.
  7. I wish that were untrue. Nevertheless, mate, you outperformed. Congratulations on an extraordinary run. Time for a new era.

"Balancing success and failure is a tricky thing.

I'd say 8 or 9 times out of 10, you should be succeeding. Build momentum. Accumulate advantages. Feast on the feeling of success and let it feed your desire to do more.

But 1 or 2 times out of 10, you should be failing. Push yourself and reach beyond your current grasp. Force yourself to try uncomfortable things. Occasionally you will surprise yourself and the rest of the time you will learn.

Win enough to keep progressing. Lose enough to keep learning."
    -James Clear

Jefe Rojo, ganim3d3s and ReclaimingMe like this.
  8. ReclaimingMe

ReclaimingMe Fapstronaut

Damn I'm sorry man. Be proud though, that was a really great run! Don't get discouraged, use it as a dress rehearsal for the big premiere. See if you can use this experience to help learn to recognize and avoid the thoughts of temptations that led to your reset. I've just been learning about something called the restraint bias which refers to our tendency to overestimate the level of control we have over our impulsive behaviors. We think we can handle more that we can through willpower and so keep allowing ourselves to be in situations where temptation gets the better of us. I think my biggest pitfall is letting my mind run away with sexual thoughts during a nofap streak. When I allow that enough it becomes more than I can control, and I eventually cave in. Knowing from the restraint bias that I think I can handle letting myself think sexual thoughts without getting carried away even though I can't, I'm inspired to be more strict about what thoughts I will allow myself to indulge in. I've been working on mediating more too because it helps create space in our minds between us and the thoughts that we have. The less identified we are with our thoughts the easier we can let them come and go without acting on them. Just thought I'd share some of the defense thoughts I've been working on for when things start to get really tough again, maybe it can help you too.

Jefe Rojo and ConstantineReboot like this.
  9. ReclaimingMe

ReclaimingMe Fapstronaut

10. ganim3d3s

ganim3d3s Fapstronaut

1/129

its important to keep trying, every time you fell, get up
    every period of time that you abstain from PMO is a win, dont focus on the losses

11. ganim3d3s

ganim3d3s Fapstronaut

12. Dragar

Dragar Fapstronaut

Day 4/22
    Hey Guys, It's been a while since I've logged on. This is because I got very sick with some kind of stomach virus. From Wednesday night, I was hit with a serious fever, and was bedbound until friday afternoon, when the fever started breaking. Thursday I slept the whole day basically, and friday I couldn't keep my eyes open for more than 5 seconds at a time, until the fever started to break. I've been getting appropriate symptomatic treatment, and I am already feeling a lot stronger. Day and night compared to yesterday morning and today.
    I have been exercising last week (monday-wednesday morning), but of course stopped when I got sick, and will resume once I feel strong enough.

Jefe Rojo and ganim3d3s like this.
  13. ReclaimingMe

ReclaimingMe Fapstronaut

Wow, that's a lot to go through. Glad you are feeling better Dragar! It's really good you're making exercise part of your discipline.

Jefe Rojo and Dragar like this.
  14. ReclaimingMe

ReclaimingMe Fapstronaut

15. lolman123

lolman123 Fapstronaut

No M or O:
    Short term= Day 1/7
    Long term= Day 1/49 (start 8th October)

No P:
    Day 1/30 (start 8th October)

Jefe Rojo and ReclaimingMe like this.