1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie you watched v. 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Chili Dog

Chili Dog Fapstronaut

Been watching House of Dragons, then it was Where Eagles Dare, Harts War.

2. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

All is True, 8/10

3. ballisticjoe

ballisticjoe Fapstronaut

Requiem for a Dream 8.5/10

-really powerful movie, especially if you have an addiction like this

somuchforsubtlety likes this.
  4. Queenie%Bee

Queenie%Bee Fapstronaut

Same thoughts ! I like The Strangers for the same reason and I think it’s a true story ! I like horror without the gore though !

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  5. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

I will have to check that out

6. Hellraiser 1987
    10/10

I watched this movie thinking it was just going to be a typical slasher but I got more than what I bargained for. This movie is not just a slasher, it is a psychological thriller, combined with monsters demons and other types of things we would only hear from in scary stories. Clive Barker, You truly were the future of horror.

7. Brain-Police

Brain-Police Fapstronaut

All the following movies are movies I have already seen.

The Man Who Wasn't There - Coen Brothers (10/10)
    -Best loose adaption of The Stranger - Albert Camus I have ever seen. Very deep movie that gets better with each watching. Absurd, existential, and just one helluva great movie. A bit heartbreaking as well. Very, very underrated movie in the Coen's catalogue, and underrated in movie history. Beautiful film. Can never go wrong with the Coen Brothers.

[​IMG]

127 Hours - Danny Boyle (8.5/10)
    -Great, inspiring movie. Great acting, and it never fails to bring a tear to my eye. A guy gets stuck in a canyon and has to find ways to get out and live in 127 hours with a rock crushing his hand. True story!
    [​IMG]

The Way of the Dragon - The great, legendary dragon himself, Bruce Motherfuckin' Lee! (10/10)
    -What can I say? Bruce defends restaurant from italian mob, great nunchuck scene, great fight scenes, great quotes, badassery all around, and the absolute colossal, magnanimous, infamous, and the most iconic fight scene to ever be put on screen;
    Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris! Classic! Childhood favorite. Adulthood favorite. Never fails to pump me up and inspire me. Here's to my surrogate dad and my #1 hero and one of the greatest human beings to ever live; Bruce Lee.
    The peak of humanity.
    [​IMG]

somuchforsubtlety and Taylor25 like this.
  8. One Eyed Owl

The Ring 2002 6/10

I haven't watched the original movie or the book that it was based on. With that in mind, the concept is really interesting one. I liked some of the horror stuff but man the characters were pretty bland.

somuchforsubtlety likes this.
  9. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

Black Box (Boite Noire), i dunno.. us-styled french movie, but i would have liked more ''peps'' 6.8/10

Hit the Road 7.5/10, glad i discovered this director! Gonna dig into his father's movies too..

10. One Eyed Owl

The Conjuring 5/10

You know I quite honestly thought this was going to be another jump scare fest. However I was surprisingly taken by surprised that it wasn't. Despite that The Conjuring is still a pretty middling film. I think the biggest problem with the movie is how fast it feels. I quit honestly couldn't tell you who the characters were. It was one of the movies were it just went for one event to the next without much in else. It isn't a bad movie, but the fast pace of the movie really did it for me.

11. Brain-Police

Brain-Police Fapstronaut

The Vanishing (1988) - George Sluizer
    (9/10)

-Been wanting to see this film for years now. Finally bought it earlier this year, but for personal reasons, either due to depression or a task/to-do list that has been almost infinite, i have never gotten around to this film.
    Now, i am a sucker for psychological thrillers, and lately, there haven't been any good ones, let alone, competent ones, so i always go to the past, or look beyond our seas to get inspiration or to get my fill.
    Well... This movie blew me away.
    Holy shit.
    A very unique kidnapping movie about a killer and sociopath where the story unravels itself in quite a novel way.
    One of the first, if not the first movie that tells you everything you need to know about the villain, and yet it still catches you off guard and keeps you on the edge.
    More character development driven really.
    It utilizes the "show, don't tell" even if it tells you everything, it still manages to pull a fast one on you.
    That ending fucked me up, even though i kind of knew something would happen, just did not exactly expect that ending. Goddamn...
    The whole movie was fucked up. Very sad and terrifying in an unsettling way.

Don't watch the remakes, watch this one, the OG French film based off the book, "The Golden Egg."

Brilliant.

upload_2022-10-21_5-15-0.png

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
  12. C.H.U.D. (1984)
    8/10
    This is most likely going to have to be one of my all time favorite zombie movies, it is suspenseful, gives you a feeling of eerieness especially with the soundtrack and to me at least is hilarious at times. fans of Home Alone should be pleasantly surprised that John Heard (the guy who played Kevin's dad) and Daniel Stern (the guy who played Marv) Both play in this movie as the protagonists. Despite having the entire plot of the movie focused on mutants that jump out of the sewers and eat people. I honestly think that all the actors did a good job making up a story as they went a long, as opposed to being held back by bad writing like most movies these days have. I have to admit that I despite the few goofs in this movie they honestly made the movie seem funnier. I would say this is an Ideal movie to watch for Sci-fi enthusiasts Zombie Apocolypse preppers or just anyone who just wants to watch a horror movie during the month of October.

13. ImprovingDutch

ImprovingDutch Fapstronaut

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) directed by Michel Gondry, starring Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet

10/10 hands down. I am someone who tends to bottle up his emotions, but I watched this movie the day after ending the dating phase with someone, and I cried for a good 30 minutes. This movie immediately ended up in my all time favourites, because it is just so well made. It is an indie film, with quite a generous budget of $20M, but it feels like a studio film because of the scale and notable actors. I think it works so well because it doesn't try to pretend more than it is, and probably most people watching it can relate to the film and the questions it makes you ask yourself, namely: if you could erase a past lover from your memory, would you do it, even if it not only means erasing the bad memories, but also all the good ones? And it also asks whether our memories about a person are really all that's left, or whether there is more in our subconscious. Definitely recommend this movie!

[​IMG]

14. Brain-Police

Brain-Police Fapstronaut

This movie is in my top 10, but one of the few that i dont rewatch unless i wanna hard ugly cry. Beautiful movie. Best romantic movie ever

ImprovingDutch likes this.
  15. Dude.... put a freaking spoiler tag. Smh. Didn't expect you to spoil the end of the whole movie like that.

onceaking and ZenYogi like this.
  16. USER_ERROR

USER_ERROR Fapstronaut

Rocky movies - I was too young to properly appreciate it the first time around but truly a masterpiece, i like how rocky is not really a good fighter but through sheer willpower he is able to punch above his league the few times that mattered.

My Lovely Angel (2021) - almost made me cry, a heartwarming movie about a dick who slowly come around while starting to take care of his employe's blind and deaf daughter after she pass away(he is a pimp of sort).

17. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Compliance
    8/10

This might be triggering to some because it has nudity in it... Most people find it disturbing but I found myself laughing out loud at some scenes because it seem so ridiculous that they were doing what the man told them to do. While it may seem ridiculous it is based on a true story and in fact, the true story is a lot worse than the film. It's a reminder of how important critical thinking is and to not assume that everyone you encounter is telling you the truth.

18. Sledgehammer (1984)
    This movie just screams 1980s, and I love it. Yes this movie is bad. But to me it's the same experience I had with watching Route 666. This movie is so bad, it's actually pretty good. Like I said before this movie just brings everything fun about the 80s and makes it into a horror movie. The plot is sort of basic, a group of friends try to conjure spirits and accidently summon a ghost of a killer. I wish I could describe more of this movie, but I suggest watching it for yourself instead.
    There is even a food fight that happens in the movie.

19. Varangian Guardsman

Varangian Guardsman Fapstronaut

Serie : House of Dragons 8/10(final episodes amazing)
    Rings of Power 0/10 , very very bad

20. I saw the trailer for that shit heap and the minute I saw an article about them leaving Aragorn my favorite character out. I just said "No Thanks!"

Varangian Guardsman likes this.