1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Hey! Maybe that's not a bad idea. But if you don't want to count, add the counter. This challenge is based on counting the days. We have to know, where you are in your journey. :) What is nice, it's firstly a challenge, but it also functions as a support group.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  2. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 33 no PMO. Wife just left town again for two nights. I should be ok. I know I need more sleep and PMO would absolutely wreck any chance of me getting extra sleep.

3. I will win!!!

I will win!!! Fapstronaut

Is it compulsory? I am okay if I don't get rank, I just need support and motivation from you all, I don't wanna know in which da I am on cuz my mindset is made like this that after certain amt of days I myself create urge because I have mindset that it will come at 20 days for example

4. Gtweet

Gtweet Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Another tempting week and a bad start of the month. This month I aim for my first clean month this year. I'm back in the shire sharpening my weapons. I have better knowledge to fight the enemy... in this case run from the enemy since one cannot see into the spiritual realm... i will keep my eyes off of any obscenity, sexy stuff, and arousing thoughts. My constant reminder for this month will be "I will remember this month for the rest of my life. So go hard." No p,m and o.
    day 0

5. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

6. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Brother, I think Counting days is a good idea. Because when you are counting days, you know how many days we have gone through hard days . Before I joined the Nofap forum , I didn't count days . So I didn't know value of the time. Now I calculate every working hours to estimate how I work in that hour. This is not related only into NoFap. You can get idea from prof. Cal Newport's Deep work book.

7. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Thank you brother. You did great work. Anyone can be a successful person any age. Age is only a number. you are a great hero for us

8. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

9. Day 1

Had a fall the night before, but not a big deal. Right now I'm trying to keep my fapping to the weekends to get my body and mind more used to going on 5 day streaks.

Though admittingly, now that we have entered 'No-nut November' I am going to see how long I can last before I lose it again.

I've discovered a new motivation to quit fapping; I've found out that if you fap too much, you raise your risk of having leg cramps, and with me already being susceptible to them as is with me being on my feet 5 days a week, this is the LAST thing I need, especially when I'm trying to sleep.

10. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship Friends!

112 Days Free of PMO.

Success in the exposure yesterday, I'm grateful. I went for a blood test yesterday, checking my T levels out, amongst other things. The nurse was a bit flirty and very chatty. If it is in your means, I definitely advise you all to try to do a yearly blood test, for T levels. Total, free and bioavailable.

Apart from that, good rest last night, my only regret was to partake in an asinine debate, on in which no mind will be changed. Plan today is to remain productive.

To the brothers who have relapsed, I implore you, please put in as much effort as you can in anaylizing the situation that lead you to relapse. Keep a notebook specifically for nofap, take notes on success stories, try different tips and tricks. Do not give up and keep putting effort, you will break free!

Stay strong!

11. I will win!!!

is it allowed? can u pls say?

12. I will win!!!

than too, I get more safer when I don't know days as I don't trigger my own self intentionally

13. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

Yeah but I have got a point to add to that initially its a good thing but once you are above your personal best or get past a milestone like 30 days you will have a feeling that you have done something really great and personally this has finally led me into relapses.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  14. Lone Skeleton

Lone Skeleton Fapstronaut

Day 10 checking in.

Idk why but today my mood was so low. I didn't feel motivated to do anything like studying and doing my assignments when I know damn well I should. But I forced myself to do it anyway, even if I only did little study and work. At least I did some things today. Tried playing some online video games to clear this numb feeling away and it helped a little. I was also so close to just let the PMO forces take me but I remind myself, "are you just gonna give up your streak after making it this far? All that effort only to just burn it away?"

Today was just one of those bad days and so here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.

15. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

So a different strategy that I am trying out is doing a different activity and focusing on how much consistent I have become in following it. These days the single activity I am making sure I get good at is waking up regularly at 4;30 . It took almost two weeks to even get up at 4:30 and now I have to make sure I use this time in a productive manner.
    Note: Waking up early was always something very difficult for me to do ,it might not be same with everyone.

Once I get better at it I would like to inculcate cold showers and exercises but for the time being I feel just focusing on one habit will set the course for me to become more disciplined and focused.

16. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Hey brother, the premise is to follow the rankings but I don't see an issue with you not counting days. You can take the approach @Paul S. took and remain a hobbit throughout the journey if you wish.

17. day 20 sorry for not being active I'm just trying to tackle other problems of my life

[​IMG]

18. Heromode

Heromode Fapstronaut

19. I will win!!!

20. I will win!!!