1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Here's the life with P in 5 minutes! This is how it goes; do you want to be that bird?

2. Thanks a lot; glad to have the conversation! Yes I read it years ago and re-read it a few times; it did influence my whole life in a very good a ways; also there are short interviews with him they're great!
    Keep up the struggle, and you will triumph; check out the video I just posted here..

flyswat and artifact like this.
  3. Starting afresh...been relapsing a little too often recently but I do not want reverse to the old ways so I remain committed to this site 100%

4. Alex_Al

Alex_Al Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hey bro. I m still here. If its ok with you. I didn't check in the last days but i want to be part of the group. Its up to you of course. Have a nice day

artifact likes this.
  5. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

Day 22. It's starting to get a fair bit harder... not because of the urges, but because of the mindset.

In the first couple of weeks, you're just taking the streak day by day. As you get closer to a month, you realise that even though you've been sprinting for the last few weeks, you're actually running a marathon that never ends. There's no finish line... there's only the hope that, at some point, you'll be able to run at this speed forever without getting tired anymore.

The main thing stopping me from resetting is the cold, hard logic of what will happen immediately after. I'll just be exactly where I was 3 weeks ago. So both options suck.

I would characterise a NoFap streak as like running through a tunnel. All you have to go on is the hope that the tunnel will turn the corner, and you won't be in darkness anymore, you'll see sunlight ahead. And it's depressing to turn a corner and just see more darkness. But it's just a trick of the mind. The reality is... the further you go down the tunnel, the lighter it's getting, but it happens too gradually for you to notice. Everyone running down the tunnel is hoping for that magical corner that leads to the way outside, but it never happens. What really happens is the tunnel shrinks around you, until eventually it's just a shack with the words "Adults Only" written on the top, and as long as you don't go back into it, it will never become a tunnel again.

So the choice is... run in the dark for as long as it takes, until salvation sneaks up on you from behind... or lose faith, and sit in the darkness.

I would like to say "30 days here I come"... but if I say that, there's a strong possibility I reset on day 31. :p So all I will say is... "Failure is not an option". And I'm looking forward to sitting in the sunlight, whenever it happens, however long it takes. :D

6. Gazan

Gazan Fapstronaut

Hi guys. Just checking in. 109 days. Im feeling good. I survived a week alone at home without relapsing. It was a big achievement for me. Take care brothers

7. MartyMar

MartyMar Fapstronaut

Ok

optimistic7 likes this.
  8. Great news coming from the top player here :) Long live the achievement!

Gazan, artifact and livinginhell like this.
  9. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Day 23. Checking in.
    Workout streak - day 17.

Already started to notice that I have lost considerable belly fat and I feel more energetic and body feels lighter. If I just go on like this for several months I will have my dream body shape.

About PMO, I had very very strong urges last night. I also installed the app which I had removed because it triggers me and is a reason for relapse. I installed it and when it was installing a thought came in my mind that I am ruining my own dreams, my aims, the result was I uninstalled the app as soon as it got installed. I am feeling good that I won over my urge. But this is the time we need to be most vigilant. Constant reminder of the aims, dreams and also the sufferings is very important. Another thing is we shouldn't fantasize at all no matter what. Just stop thinking about sex and female body. If you see it somewhere ignore it.

10. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Keep walking the tunnel bro. We have seen decades of PMO and it lead us nowhere we got stuck in dungeon and now if we are starting to walk this path it is going to take time, a lot of time, miles to go until we see the light! and that light is not something we want to get, it is something we want to live inside.

x_Nocturnalis_x and optimistic7 like this.
  11. Here your daily dose of motivation (these things really pump me up LOL :D:eek::D)

12. 87Diamond

87Diamond Fapstronaut

check day zero

back, lets start fresh.

artifact and optimistic7 like this.
  13. Bernard O.

Bernard O. Fapstronaut

One week in. I will overcome.

14. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

Well, i relapsed again, feeling that this shit will stick with me my whole life.

But im not giving up, i heard that one can't recover alone, that's why i need to be more active on this group.

artifact and flyswat like this.
  15. Keep it up man!

artifact likes this.
  16. Fresh and productive :)

17. That's dark stuff, but acurate! This could apply to any addiction, really.

optimistic7 likes this.
  18. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Day 24. Checking in.
    Workout streak - day 18.

Keep fighting guys. It is worth it! Even the feeling of being sober boosts confidence everyday.

artifact and optimistic7 like this.
  19. You didn't check in for a month, so I assumed you were gone. I can add you back to the group, if you are able to check in regularly.

Alex_Al and optimistic7 like this.
  20. Aha exactly; it applies to any kind of addiction; it's really influences how I look at things, and believe it or not its the first thing I see each day now; wholly profound if you're receptive!

artifact likes this.