1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. 87Diamond

87Diamond Fapstronaut

Check Day 5

Even tho i press the reset button it dont mean you didnt make progress, ive finally stepped away from watching P and naturally releasing. after so many years of watching P the first step for me was figuring how stepping away works this part took time with many months possibly even years, i just want to say.... if you can move away from the programing and just take a step at a time.

JJ_Kino, flyswat and livinginhell like this.
  2. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

On 2022 i had a very successful 184 Days streak , but 4 months ago , I've tested COVID positive and due to pain pain , isolation and lack of sleep i relapsed and since then I haven't had a successful streak, but im still trying.

I feel sad whenever i remember that i used to be great at what im doing , but I can't even get to 10 days .

The feeling of regret is killing me

Alex_Al, JJ_Kino and livinginhell like this.
  3. Bernard O.

Bernard O. Fapstronaut

Fought off more urges today

4. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Day 83. Checking In.
    Workout Day - 65.

I am feeling better today. Motivation to do routine activities is partially back. Did full workout as intended. Being cleanest helps me a lot. By cleanest I mean not even watching at triggers. Stopping unnecessary usage of internet can help thousand times not only for us but for all humanity. I am planning to limit my internet usage. All nonsense apps should be banned really. Only banking, important communication and business apps and forums like this which makes lives better are enough. It is just my thought, I know it is not going to happen. Anyway, I also think that complete sleep daily is very very important. Also, working out. Achieving little goals can give you more pleasure than PMO and your face will look better, a natural confidence will show on your face.

It is hard to express in words how much PMO sucks. Our wrong lifestyle also sucks. We need sleep, our body needs activity, body also needs semen retention. We don't need fake pleasure from PMO. We can even live without relationship if we ban PMO from our lives.

Alex_Al, JJ_Kino, flyswat and 2 others like this.
  5. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

I know it is very hard to be on streak after long streak breaks. I had 150 day streak in 2003 and it is my biggest streak till date! You have longer streak than me and recently.

Alex_Al, JJ_Kino and artifact like this.
  6. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear that bro. It happens with me also, I mean low opinion of myself. It turns into anger, unhappiness and we do pmo to relax. But, it is not the way. It just worsen the situation. We have to fight with PMO and underlying issues at the same time. We can't focus on improving one thing at a time. If I had no option but to improve just one thing, I will chose PMO addiction. I think underlying issues goes away automatically but they take long time, a long time abstaining.

This is going to be your forever streak now. Get going amigo. Good luck.

7. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

You can do it bro! Yes, I agree, we can't focus on one issue, it doesn't work like that. The major issue is PMO addiction but other minor issues are needed to be dealt with when being on a streak itself. Let 4 days of streak and start focusing on other issues as well. And go on and on. Nowadays, entertainment has also become a kind of addiction I also find myself spending too much time on OTT platforms, Youtube included. But with me I use Youtube for good stuff like work out videos etc.

Alex_Al and JJ_Kino like this.
  8. Some people do have long covid after effects it seems. Hopefully it gets better for you with time.

Maybe, what worked for you in 2022 won't work for you this time around? Is there something in your environment or routines that you could change? It might give you a fighting chance to get started.

Either way, please try not to dwell in the past. I also used to regret not keeping my previous long streaks going, but I have since started to be glad that those were times in the past when I wasn't using P, and also to be glad for not using P today. If that makes any sense!

9. flyswat

flyswat Fapstronaut

You've made a strong start brother. Social media in general is a killer for me. Stay strong and focused on the goal!

JJ_Kino and livinginhell like this.
  10. flyswat

flyswat Fapstronaut

Day 2, feeling pretty good. Small urges, more like ideas really. Not listening to them.

2 days exercise
    2 days meditation

11. flyswat

flyswat Fapstronaut

Juice and sports drinks contain a lot of sugar, which in addition many other negative effects, messes with dopamine. Sounds like you're doing great with water only.

JJ_Kino, livinginhell and M_H like this.
  12. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

After all this time, I feel like I shouldn't need to count day by day, but whatever. Clearly I need to.

Day 1. :D

13. flyswat

flyswat Fapstronaut

All we really have is this day, this moment.

14. koalaone

koalaone Fapstronaut

Checking in. Still going okay, feeling stable in regards to controlling PSUBs and bouncing the eyes a lot. It helps quite a bit to not feed the Wolf.

15. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

It's kinda frustrating

JJ_Kino and artifact like this.
  16. x_Nocturnalis_x

Having a very interesting day so far. Usually I watch about 4 hours of YouTube every day, and as of yesterday I am going cold turkey on YouTube as well as Fapping.

Urges are very very low atm, but I feel very flat and wasted. I fell like rebooting off YouTube doesn't make you go as crazy, but it takes it out of you even more. :p Will see how the next few days go...

flyswat, JJ_Kino and livinginhell like this.
  17. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Day 84. Checking In.
    Workout Day - 66

flyswat, JJ_Kino and x_Nocturnalis_x like this.
  18. Starting a fresh streak here...onwards and upwards

19. x_Nocturnalis_x

20. flyswat

flyswat Fapstronaut

Noticing that the urges and ideas I get are to look at p-subs, not p. Maybe it's my addict part trying to lead me to down a path that will inevitably lead to PMO. I've been able to turn away from these thoughts when they arrive, at least for now. I'm also noticing that meditation and exercise are absolutely necessary if I'm to have a chance of separating the addict from my true self.

3 days exercise
    3 days meditation