1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. flyswat

flyswat Fapstronaut

I like the idea of starting off with a hot shower then cold. I'll try it, thanks!

2. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Well, please don't mind but I doubt that it is not good for body to experience sudden changes in water temperature like that. I started cold bath couple days back, what I do is I first wet my arms legs then neck and other things, that way it feels bearable . But I live in tropical region of the world so may be it is different for you there.

Good to see you on track, bro. You got this.

3. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

Thanks dude.

It's interesting... I went to a place called the Hot Springs recently, down in Victoria, Australia... they have a Turkish Steam Bath, and then after sitting in there for 20 minutes or so, you go outside and jump into a cold plunge pool. It feels incredible... last time I was there, I did about 3 cycles of Steam Bath and then cold plunge, felt really good the next day, as if my body didn't need to work so hard for me to breathe.

But yes, I am nowhere near the tropical region of the world.

livinginhell and artifact like this.
  4. I went to a similar group, SLAA, back about 20 years ago, and found it somewhat helpful. They no longer have meetings in my area. I also spent several years going NA meetings. The awards in this group are roughly based on the 12-step milestones.

born3, NICEDUDE and livinginhell like this.
  5. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Checking in. Things are going well, not an easy day yesterday but PMO is not an option. I did think about gaming to zone out but I am off that too, 6 weeks now. I also briefly thought about sugar/junk food but off that also for same time as PMO. It was good to get through some negative feelings without using anything to escape from it. I shared at one point somebody in recovery told me "your feelings cant kill you, you wont die" in the past I have always treated my feelings like they could, I did not think they actually could but I would always escape them with various outlets rather than just letting them pass through. It gives me strength to know that I can do that.

koalaone, artifact and flyswat like this.
  6. Hi all. I have been doing SO bad recently and using P every day which is killing my self esteem and just keeping me in absolute misery. So I've reset yet again and make a commitment to post everyday and just to take it step by step. first aim is to make it to 3 days, then a week and so on....so this is my first post. Onwards and upwards

7. I did SLAA for a while a few years back too.

It was somewhat helpful in that it was good to meet other people that were in a similar situation as myself. However I found the help was rather limited. Maybe it was just the way the particular group I was in was run. They had a rule that meant no one was allowed to comment on what someone else was sharing. So you got to get things off your chest, which was good, but no one could give you advice.

In other news, reset, and this time I'm really making an effort

artifact, flyswat, NICEDUDE and 2 others like this.
  8. Bernard O.

Bernard O. Fapstronaut

9. flyswat

flyswat Fapstronaut

Yesterday I got some work-related news that in the past would have been extremely triggering on all levels, cognitively (obsessive thinking about the situation to the exclusion of most everything else) and especially emotionally (panic, anxiety, obsessive worry). I see now that these intense reactions were trauma related. It's a situation that could have significant, lasting negative consequences on my organization, but it also may not come to pass. Of course it's concerning, but through mindfulness and a calmer brain in general, I've been able to keep it in perspective (so far) and continue functioning more like a normal person. I thought about PMO, but not very much. Feeling strangely (for me) stable. I can definitely attribute this as a benefit of my recovery process and I'm grateful for it.

This week:
    3 days meditation
    4 days exercise

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
  10. Had a disastrous week of relapses, and now I feel like I'm getting sick again. No thanks to the noisy couple upstairs and their squeaky bed at all hours of the day and night. I need to get out of this cycle of failure and back on track.

Martial likes this.
  11. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

12. Checking in for day 2 free of P

flyswat likes this.
  13. x_Nocturnalis_x

14. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Bad News. Reset.

Eventually the result of allowing peeking and triggers and fantasies came up. I feel sad but not bad. I hope I don't keep relapsing in a row now. PMOed once last night. So, I officially reset here.

I take the responsibility. I will try to be on track from now without giving excuses and without allowing myself more damage. I hope I will be able to hold first few days without going deeper into trap.

This streak was 133. My second highest.
    But I could not break my record of 150 again.

15. x_Nocturnalis_x

Definitely be careful the next week or two. Concentrate fully on working out and exercise, and on keeping your diet solid. Don't lose focus! It's still easily possible for us both to hit 6 months in 2023. :D

I started doing a lot more walks outside the past week. Instead of just walking down the street, I drive down to a national park and walk around there. It feels a lot easier to do long walks when you're surrounded by nature, so I'm going to do that more often, which should help me lose weight long term. Also going to buy myself a CO2 reader for my office, and maybe some indoor plants if the CO2 levels are too high, just to make my office a lot more liveable. :D

16. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Losing focus, neglecting workout and not keeping mind occupied with good things is a big reason for reset. I will start workout streak from tomorrow again.

Yes, bro it is possible. Let's do it.

17. Checking in day 3 PMO. Had some major urges yesterday and ended up edging quite a bit but good news is didn't look at P and didn't MO. Today I feel better and stronger. Also restarted uddiyana bandha practice

flyswat and BlueOrange1 like this.
  18. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Weekend check in. All is good, commitment to this way of life is strong.

19. Alex_Al

Alex_Al Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Check in guys.. everything under control here....
    Keep up! Fight day after day!
    Day 85

20. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut