1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Bernard O.

Bernard O. Fapstronaut

I will never give up fighting to be free.

2. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

3. BlueOrange1

BlueOrange1 Fapstronaut

My partner is still gone for a month, so it's been near-daily slippage. Feels like I'm quitting smoking. And the SAA meeting I liked at night has been trolled twice in a week b/c they keep the access info public.
    Disappointed but finding not-terrible distractions + helpful medicine change (it's legal and popular but I can't say what).

Alex_Al, artifact and livinginhell like this.
  4. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Checking In. Day 5.

Alex_Al likes this.
  5. Ok, just let me know if you want back in.

goingforit likes this.
  6. Checking in again...making steady progress towards my goal of one week free from PMO

artifact, Alex_Al and flyswat like this.
  7. flyswat

flyswat Fapstronaut

It's been challenging psychologically these past few days. Feeling depressed, a little confused, and unmotivated. There's a lot of stress around work right now which I'm sure is a big part of it. Grateful to report that actual urges have (so far) been on the low side and manageable. I've also been slowing down in terms of daily meditation, exercise, and engaging in healthy activities. This is a danger sign and I know from experience that I need to be especially mindful and vigilant. That wave can hit at any time and I need to be ready.

This week:
    2 days meditation
    2 days exercise

artifact, Alex_Al and born3 like this.
  8. flyswat

flyswat Fapstronaut

Hang in there brother. Positive, healthy distractions are excellent tools. Consider looking for healthy distractions that can turn into positive habits, hobbies, etc.

artifact and Alex_Al like this.
  9. flyswat

flyswat Fapstronaut

Brother, your honesty and strength are helping us all!

Alex_Al and livinginhell like this.
  10. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

You must fix the causes bro.

flyswat, Alex_Al and x_Nocturnalis_x like this.
  11. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Thank you brother, yours too!

flyswat and Alex_Al like this.
  12. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Checking In. Day 6.

flyswat and Alex_Al like this.
  13. Checking in for one week free of PMO. Stage 1 complete. Now for 2 weeks....have been getting some urges to edge as I guess the sexual energy is building but doing my best to resist and absolutely no desire to look at P. Doing uddiyana band practice to decrease the sexual energy

flyswat, Alex_Al and x_Nocturnalis_x like this.
  14. I have a question for everyone: when we embark on resisting PMO the sexual energy and urges naturally increase as we go on a streak...I'm on 7 days and so far and until today it's been easy to resist edging or touching myself but today it has not and I have done this a little but not looked at P, absolutely no desire to do this which is good. But what to do about the urges? I'm already doing a yoga practice called Uddiyana Bandha which helps a lot but the urges are still there as inevitably sexual energy grows and wants to be released. How to get around this or is it just better to M without P to get that energy down and then continue the streak like this? At the end of the day the biggest thing I want is to keep away from P as that is what is addictive and makes me self loathe. Would be really interested to hear peoples thoughts on this. Thanks

15. Personally, I find that while M without P might work in the short term, it always leads me to P in the long term. So I have learned the hard way that I need to avoid both.

For the first few days/weeks, I find the best thing to do is not entertain any sexual thoughts at all. If you find yourself getting triggered by something, immediately look away and find something else to concentrate on until the feeling goes. You should find that you need to do this less often over time as your brain gets rewired.

Eventually, triggers happen less often and sticking to your goals becomes easier. This is where I tend to get complacent and I need a different strategy, which I have yet to learn!

16. 87Diamond

87Diamond Fapstronaut

Day 22

Feels amazing, so much abilities from true self and the flow of power with a shape mind.

I am certain they don't want us flowing with this kind of power walking around and the reason we lust over female is almost premeditated.

It's so destructive and so hard to quit.

We must realize us men was never meant to sit and beat off.

Urges are just energy you must use that energy into something else, Productivity, Improvements, use it to achieve goals meaning more work needs to be done.

Program the word commit.

Wish everyone the best.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  17. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

For me edging will always lead to relapse sooner rather than later so be careful. Also MO always leads to PMO so it is a no no for me. Plus I misuse MO anyway, I always used it to escape just as much as I used P. In all honesty I think I am predominately an O addict. I think MO as well as PMO held me back so much in life, it took so much life from he over the years.
    This is so key. It has been the main reason for my success this run. keep that cognitive fire wall switched on!

18. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

I will also just add. I am not sure exactly when but about two weeks ago I was searching something on this site and I was reading an old thread and I found myself on there! An old account that I had just abandoned, it was from five years ago. It was really weird reading my posts, I was not on the forum long but was pretty active. The main thing I noticed was I was not will to let M go, I had not got to that place yet. The reason I mention it is because I did so much damage to my life in those five years, I made such a frikkin mess of things. I let some huge opportunities slip through my fingers and made some terrible decisions that will impact my life for a very long time if not forever. Now its not all down to PMO but a big part is. I am not hung up on it as I have to move on but I did think, man if only the penny had dropped then back five years ago. Anyway it didn't and I am ok with that. What is the take home? Where do I want to be in five years from now. I need this PMO out of my life! I want to be match fit and ready for opportunity, I want to be healthy, I want to look well, I don't want to be a shell of who I should be, f that.

artifact likes this.
  19. I would suggest don't do anything, just ride it out without engaging in P or M or edging. The urges WILL pass eventually and in my experience it gets easy to resist PM the longer you go without it. Every time I have gotten a long streak, it was usually not ended by irresistible urges, but by some psychological need for escape by using PM.

Wanttosucceed and livinginhell like this.
  20. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

Had an interesting experience yesterday. I reset a couple days ago, and been struggling to start my streak again, though I think I'm good now.

But anyways, after I reset again yesterday morning, I found I could almost see myself as from a third person experience. I wasn't just trapped in my own experience, I could see myself as others could, and I definitely had a sense of disgust for my own behaviour. Of course I reset again later that day, but it's a feeling that I will remember from now on.

If you're about to reset... just imagine what it would look like if someone else walked in on you. Then put yourself in their shoes, and try and visualise how what they see would change their sense of what sort of person you are. It's pretty heavy stuff, but very motivating. :D

flyswat, born3, Wanttosucceed and 2 others like this.