1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My history again?

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

You have raised a logical interpretation and I've no doubt it is valid. However, it seems both interpretations have some validity. I found this interpretation of Matt 18:9 in the NABCE

" These verses are a doublet of Matthew 5:29-30 [Cpilot - which deals with adultery and lust]. In that context they have to do with causes of sexual sin. As in the Marcan source from which they have been drawn ( Mark 9:42-48) [Cpilot - which seem to be focused on heretics rather than lust] , they differ from the first warning about scandal, which deals with causing another person to sin, for they concern what causes oneself to sin and they do not seem to be related to another's loss of faith, as the first warning is. It is difficult to know how Matthew understood the logical connection between these verses and Matthew 18:6-7."

Certainly, you raise a good caution for all of us. It is dangerous to interpret a bible verse without some background, context and direction of the church. The Catholic Catechism is also a help in this but like all comprehensive texts, it too should be taken as a whole and not parsed to support a specific agenda.

2. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Could you clear what is the NABCE?

3. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

New American Bible Catholic Edition

4. Today is day 16 without M and 23 without P :)
    In these recent months my longest streak was of 17 days, I'm about to reach it!

JimRacine and Pathfinder01 like this.
  5. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Good stuff. Keep moving forward.

Mara43 likes this.
  6. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Well done, now, armed with God's grace, power past this milestone. The only day that counts is today, make it a day devoted to God. Feel the deep joy of knowing you are God's child. Created by Him, loved by Him, cherished by Him - love Him back.

Mara43 likes this.
  7. What a beautiful words! Thanks!

8. Pathfinder01

Pathfinder01 Fapstronaut

Well done!

Mara43 likes this.
  9. Today is my 22th day, but I'm being tempted. I did a little M while I was semi-awake but I stopped when realized what I was doing.

Please, pray for me! I pray also.

Also I feel I need to talk to someone... Anybody here?

Update:
    I'm feeling better...

Last edited: May 21, 2023
    CPilot and Fulton like this.
  10. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Well done in remaining strong against this temptation. What did you do to get through it?

Eremite and Mara43 like this.
  11. It was hard.
    The temptation started not very strong a few days ago, reaching the maximum intensity yesterday. I almost fell at some point.
    These days I was praying asking for "don't wanting to fall", especially yesterday. As @Mr Eko always says: prayer at the moment of temptation
    Being constant in going to daily mass and communion.
    I also started to talk to a friend and was busy in the kitchen cooking

Last edited: May 22, 2023
    Eremite likes this.
  12. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Well done! I am inspired by your attendance to daily mass. I don't know if I could manage this everyday but clearly I could manage it more often than I do. Thanks for inspiring me. Stay close to Our Lord, He has big plans for you, if only you stay close.

Mara43 likes this.
  13. I'm surprised by your words! I didn't think I could inspire someone, thank you for let me know this
    My father is who constantly invited me to attend to daily mass, and he managed it :) I must thank to him
    I hope you soon can go to mass as much as possible :)
    I'd like to know His plans and always stay close to Him <3

born3 likes this.
  14. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Perhaps the specifics aren't clear but I think the direction of God's plan for you is clear. He wants you to grow into a person who feels His love for you in every aspect of your life. In this way you will grow to be the person He created you to be. A priest, a prophet, a king - perhaps all three. https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/column/51802/priest-prophet-king

Please pray for me, and all of us here, in daily mass. This would be one fulfillment of your role as priest and certainly we all need prayers. I will be praying for you too.

again and Mara43 like this.
  15. I do this already :)
    This is what I need. Thank you so much!!

16. I need to make a plan, a schedule to distribute my activities and put some of structure in my daily life, specially now because I'm taking two workshops and I must do the related tasks.
    Please, pray for me. Organisation has been a big issue for me.

CPilot and Eremite like this.
  17. I've had temptation the last 3 days including today. Sometimes I feel in danger. Again, pray for me, please!

CPilot and Eremite like this.
  18. In a sense we’re always surrounded by danger and yet God upholds us. Ask Mary for the grace to surrender to her Son.

With Jesus and Mary we are assured victory!

Mara43 likes this.
  19. It's true.
    What I mean is I felt close to fall

Amen!!!

Eremite likes this.
  20. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I don't think it is a coincidence that I have suffered from this too. Those who know me might be surprised to hear this as I am something of a workaholic but the truth is that I am led by what is immediately in front of me. I am a master of solving emergencies, I am poor at implementing a long term plan to avoid them. I am impulsive. I struggle with tasks that can't be completed in a few days or weeks. However, there is hope. As I have found success with this rehabilitation, I have gained the understanding that each day of resisting temptation and focusing on God is a productive day which adds to the strength that God grants me. The job will not be done today, tomorrow or this year. It seems likely it will go on for the rest of my life but that is OK. Everyday, thanks to God's grace, I get a bit stronger.

Mara43 likes this.