1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Gratitude Attitude Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by BushidoWarrior, Sep 21, 2015.

1. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful for my uncle giving me some money to help with school.
    2. I am grateful that even though I relapsed today. I'm still alive, so I have another chance.
    3. I'm grateful for the love my mom gives me.

BushidoWarrior likes this.
  2. BushidoWarrior

BushidoWarrior Fapstronaut

I've returned...
    1. I am definitely grateful that I can learn from my mistakes. So many people forget that they have this ability, and go through life thinking that they 'just can't' do certain things by definition. Not true. Mistakes are the raw data we use to make our abilities more adept and more accurate as time passes by.
    2. I'm grateful that I can appreciate good music. I remember writing about this for either my first or second post. I just wanted to remind myself. Without good music, I don't know what I'd be. I'd be...empty. I'd be missing a core part of myself.
    3. I'm grateful that NoFap is such a supportive, solidaristic group of people. Everyone here has sincerity in their bones and kindness in their hearts. We all know that we can either heal as a team, or we can perish as individuals. Never forget the collective. Never forget the fratenity of humankind. Our collective power and amazingness as a species could never be possible without our capacity to bond with one another, co-ordinate our actions and come together to collaborate in projects that span the lifetime of any one individual.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    WarriorScarr, Pradeep and ronswanson like this.
  3. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

i am grateful for my parents.
    i am grateful for good health
    i am grateful for internet

4. spiritual warrior

spiritual warrior Fapstronaut

I am grateful for abundance, my brain, and my life.

5. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful that my HD webcam is still working. It's awesome! Without it, I would not have been able to make the new banner in my signature and I would not be able to take awesome photos and film awesome videos. I'd thought my HD camera was done for, but apparently not!
    2. I'm grateful that my new laptop is still going strong, hasn't had any major crashes or needed any new repairs (yet). Self-explanatory, this one.
    3. I'm grateful that I'm going to see UFC 185 next Saturday. This is freaking awesome! I cannot wait. I've never been to a UFC event before. It's gonna be E-P-I-C!

Pradeep likes this.
  6. Eric'sBlue

Eric'sBlue Fapstronaut

Another night alone - of loneliness and misery. That's one less night in the future...I get to spend this way.

Sleep
    Memories and projections of imagined - future better times.

7. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for the fact that you can use your thoughts to change your emotions. It is very difficult to change your emotions by willpower alone, as anyone who's had a fit of anger or depression will attest to. But...you can change your thoughts. It's not easy, but it is doable. Your thoughts are the product of the most neuroplastic region of your brain. And that region has very, very strong linkage to the emotional centers (the limbic system). Which means that, over time, as you change your thoughts, your emotions follow. God I love the brain!
    2. I'm grateful for all the awesome books on my shelf that I haven't read yet. Books full of potential knowledge and wisdom. I'm glad they are there, as they give me something to look forward to reading in the future. There's a good book on the political economy of the Arab Gulf states that I can't wait to sink my teeth into: it's called Lineages of Revolt by Adam Hanieh.
    3. I'm grateful for my running shoes. It's a small thing, but I appreciate it. I would not be able to run properly without my running shoes, as all my other shoes do not have the correct shape, making running feel awkward and clunky. Not to mention, I got these running shoes for free and they're really good!

Pradeep likes this.
  8. Pradeep

Pradeep Guest

Hi, some times it becomes difficult with the mind also. that's when breath plays a great role. If you are interested, I would suggest you to research on breath and emotion :)

9. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

i am grateful that one day i'll die n this life will get over
    i am grateful that as far as i know there is no life after death, nor would i have to relive this life(i hope)
    no third reason to be grateful for now

10. BushidoWarrior

I'm sorry you're hurting man. I really am. Remember, no matter how bad it is in the moment, every episode of suffering has an expiry date. It too shall pass, as they say...

Pradeep likes this.
  11. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for coffee right now. It is the only thing standing between me and collapsing in a fit of exhaustion. And I need to be wake, as I've got places to be.
    2. I'm grateful for all the epic, vengeful, heroic intense soundtrack music on Youtube. I don't care how few hours you slept; as soon as you listen to that stuff, the hairs on the back of your neck will stand up and you will feel ready to take on, and smash, the world.
    3. I'm grateful that I don't live in 19th century Dickensian England. I would have left school at grade four. I would not have gone to university. I'd probably be working in a coal mine or something, earning bugger all money. No tv, no computers, no modern medicine, nothing like that. Thank the heavens I live in the year 2015!

WarriorScarr and Pradeep like this.
  12. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

i am grateful for horses since i think horses are really awesome animals. i'm reading a book about horses
    i am grateful that there is a rat in my office, that's what colleagues are saying. it would be fun to watch the rat running around
    i am grateful for the discovery show i saw yesterday about dinosaur predators that lived under water. some were so awesome.

13. WarriorScarr

WarriorScarr Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful that I have my health.
    2. Grateful to have a job and able to help my family.
    3. I am grateful that I'm progressing and learning and becoming a better person.

BushidoWarrior and Pradeep like this.
  14. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for finally catching up on sleep. Yes, I woke up at 2PM; yes, I don't necessarily like waking up this late; yes, it leaves me very little time to get stuff done today. But I feel rejuvenated. I finally don't feel like I want to pass out constantly from exhaustion. I am thankful for that.
    2. I'm grateful for having a supermarket located only a couple of kilometers from me (repeat!). It's great being able to go and get everything you need from one place, rather than having to make several different trips to different places. And it's also great that it's walking distance!
    3. I'm grateful that I can film and record myself vlogging on my HD camera. If I have a random idea, then I can pull up the camera and film myself talking about it. I can let my thoughts go and word vomit. I love having this; it's perfect for my creative style.
    [​IMG]

Pradeep likes this.
  15. agoodfuture

agoodfuture Fapstronaut

I'm grateful for this thread. It has been a reminder to me to practise gratitude every day. If I have a moment of grumpiness, I remember to feel thankful about something even just a little bit, and that shifts the mood around quite quickly.

Some results that I think come from gratitude in the recent month: My life feels richer. I've started contemplating a creative project that I think will bring a good income. A thought occured to me that I might actually live in a house of my own someday with a girlfriend. That's incredible, because the limit of my thinking has been an apartment, and that I couldn't afford anything more. And that has been good enough for me, I'm grateful for it.

I used to live in very small one room apartments. I made the best of it and in particular the last one (some years ago), I did interior decorating as if it was a proper apartment. Now I live in one, and I've appreciated it from day one and thought I would live here for the rest of my life. Now suddenly the dream is bigger, a house would let me fulfill my creative dreams even better. The possibility and thought is amazing, I'm not used to thinking in those terms and I'm still processing it.

This is what I live by:

[​IMG]

16. BushidoWarrior

That Hellen Keller quote is perfect. It neatly refutes the idea that there is a trade-off between appreciating what you have and working for more. That false assumption is why I think so many people pass up on the opportunity to practice gratitude. They think that being thankful for all the excellent things you have right now will make you complacent and stop you from doing hardcore personal development. Not true!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  17. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I am grateful for:

1. my whole life uptil this moment
    2. the understanding that life is built on habits and new actions, but mainly habits
    3. the joy of friendship and connection

18. BushidoWarrior

Okay, it is getting pretty damn hard now. Time to pull out all the stops.
    1. I'm grateful for the advancements in neuroscience & cognitive psychology over the past 10-15 years. They have produced a cornucopia of very practical knowledge about hacking motivation, improving wellbeing and living a great life.
    2. I'm grateful that so many countries around the world are moving leftwards politically. Not all countries are, but I look at the rise of Bernie Sanders in the U.S., Jeremy Corbyn's popularity in the U.K., and I can't help but be enormously excited at these developments. It's about damn time too! (sorry to inject politics into this thread, but it's something I'm grateful for)
    3. I'm darn grateful that the human brain is so capable of forming new habits (with focused, consistent practice of course!). Habits are useful, as they enable one to go on autopilot and let the subconscious mind do the hard work. Whoopee!!!

19. Alex ♥

Alex ♥ Guest

1. im grateful that i got to stay at home when i was sick
    2. im grateful that i almost 2 weeks in my journey
    3. im grateful to have music. :D

20. Nice sig pic man. Did you make that? Awesomeness!