1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Gratitude Attitude Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by BushidoWarrior, Sep 21, 2015.

1. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

-I am thankful for coffee which gives me that extra boost when I need to keep pushing
    -I am thankful for living in a country that allows me so many freedoms
    -I am thankful for language that allows us to communicate ideas to each other and to pass on knowledge from generation to generation.

BushidoWarrior likes this.
  2. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for having enough money to afford Spotify premium.

2. I'm grateful to have a nice weekend job and have the opportunity to work with a very nice colleague.

3. I'm grateful for the meals i am able to enjoy everyday.

3. BushidoWarrior

BushidoWarrior Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for the knowledge that this heat wave is going to start tapering off at 4PM today. I imagine what it would be like if this heat wave was going to continue for another two weeks, which makes me appreciate reality so much more.
    2. I'm grateful for the cold-water-soaked clothes I am wearing right now. They are keeping me cool enough to have a clear head and to be able to think straight.
    3. I'm grateful for the blasting fan in my room. It is spreading cool(ish) air around. That's helping me a little bit.

oooo likes this.
  4. Onceuponafap

Onceuponafap Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful that I have extra spending money that allows me to travel to amazing places during time off work

2. I'm grateful for the caring, considerate and fair people that I can work with and that there are no major stressful situations associated with my work

3. I'm grateful that I've found nofap and that I am committed to a life of self improvement

BushidoWarrior and taqwa like this.
  5. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Do you know ASL? It truly fascinates me...

6. BushidoWarrior

Yeah ASL is awesome. My mum really wants to learn it. I've been trying to remind myself to find her something online she can use to practice daily.

7. Onceuponafap

Onceuponafap Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful that I have time off during the holiday and can devote my time to projects that will help further my career

2. I'm grateful for the gym I have in close proximity that allows me to blow off steam whenever needed

3. I'm grateful for all the thoughtful gifts given to me by my students this holiday season

8. Empowered

Empowered Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for being able to feel. Love as well as pain.
    2. I'm grateful for the sun providing fuel for life.
    3. I'm grateful for being alive. Take a deep breath and feel yourself. Oh yeah! Are you smiling? You should be! ;)

9. I'm learning some ASL now, just on my own. I'd like to take a class on it, but I haven't had the time yet. Maybe over the summer. It's always fascinated me. It's funny to say, but I actually learned quite a bit from the show Switched at Birth. haha it's a bit of a cheesy show, but I've picked up a lot from watching conversation. I like to use it in worship, so I've started learning some worship songs, which is giving me a larger vocabulary. I also have some flashcards I just remembered, but I've been slacking on using them! They're not as helpful, though, because most of the words aren't all that commonly used.

Edit: Also, ASL is a really unique, fun, and somewhat easy language to learn because it's pretty much the only language in which you can say something in English and ASL at the exact same time. It helps the brain make the connection better than, say, Spanish, where you have to say the translations separately. It's also a very intuitive language. You'd be surprised how many words in ASL you probably already know, just from using hand gestures in your everyday life.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
    taqwa likes this.
  10. Day 4:

1. I'm grateful for the dream I had this morning. (Described on my journal if you're interested... I don't want to explain it all again. lol) Learned some valuable stuff.

2. I'm grateful for my church family that I get to spend some time with tonight. Finding this place a few years ago was such a blessing, and I can't imagine going back to where I used to be.

3. I'm grateful for my heater! lol I mentioned it before but I don't think I put it on the official list yet. I'm a baby about being cold, and though our house doesn't have central heat, I'm grateful to have this lil guy next to me so I don't cry frozen tears.

11. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful to have a sweet dog.

2. I'm grateful to eat my favorite food today (fries) xD

3. I'm grateful to know how to meditate.

12. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

May your life be filled with happiness thus never experiencing "frozen tears." Stay strong! Win!

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  13. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

My achilles heel: Fries! :)

14. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

-I am grateful for a post @TakingTheSteps ^^^ to be the final motivation to start learning ASL
    -I am grateful for holidays that give me a few moments away from work to really soul search and spend time with family
    -I am grateful for our thumbs that enable us to do so many things that no other species can do (Gratitude to God).

15. 1. For my health
    2. For this site
    3. For my wife

BushidoWarrior, oooo and taqwa like this.
  16. Yep I hear ya on that Spotify one, what a great service it offers

17. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for the benefits of mindfulness. I was relaxed as hell all morning, and didn't get rattled at all, despite the third night in a row with only 3-4 hours sleep. You "rest in the knowing", as the saying goes, and your mental energy is conserved.
    2. I'm grateful for the porridge I'm eating right now. It's cooked to perfection with just the right amount of milk and sugar, made at the perfect consistency. Delicious!
    3. I'm grateful for the local library. I love the library. I love the peace and quiet, the books you can spend hours looking at, the air conditioning and the free wifi. The library is heaven for introverts like me.

EternalProtector and taqwa like this.
  18. oliverKharanger

oliverKharanger Fapstronaut

Day 1:

1. I am thankful I found noFap.
    2. I am thankful for my parents.
    3. I am thankful to god for giving me a healthy body.

EternalProtector and taqwa like this.
  19. 1. For being able to make to Day 11 PMO free for the second time.
    2. For Spotify and native American medetation music.
    3. For all the Xmas cards I've received this year.

20. Slylen

Slylen Fapstronaut

Time to jump into the fray! Thank you @BushidoWarrior for putting this together. (Day 1)

1. I am thankful to be surrounded by friends and family who care about my well being.
    2. I am grateful that NoFap exists! Thank you @alexander and crew.
    3. Last but not least i'm grateful for the support of everyone on this wonderful site!

Stay Strong,

-Slylen

Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching.

Satchel Paige