1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Gratitude Attitude Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by BushidoWarrior, Sep 21, 2015.

1. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

One of the best books I have ever read! Simple but very powerful. We must implement his awesome advice: reading 5-10 pages a day from a beneficial book...It will transform your life. Stay strong! Win!

BushidoWarrior likes this.
  2. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

-I am thankful for indoor plumbing...to be warm while taking care of bodily functions is truly marvelous :)
    -I am thankful for garbage removal services...imagine how all the garbage piles up... the ugly sight and smell...removed as if never been there.
    -I am thankful for my eyes that are able to distinguish between 10 million colors!!

Stay strong! Win!

3. DYS1994

DYS1994 Fapstronaut

1. I'm happy for being able to help fellow fapstronauts in NoFap today.
    2. I'm happy for being able to complete my Super Better challenges today.
    3. I'm happy for being able to exercise today.

BushidoWarrior and taqwa like this.
  4. bastion

bastion Guest

1. I am grateful for the wisdom I have gained on my journey.
    2. I am grateful to the NoFap community.
    3. I am grateful to my parents for bringing me into this world.

5. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for my collegae which bought food for me at the grocery.
    2. I'm grateful for having a car which always works :)
    3. I'm grateful for the meals my mom makes for me.

6. DYS1994

DYS1994 Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for being able to do my repeats.
    2. I'm grateful for the NoFap panic button for helping me from relapsing.
    3. I'm grateful for myself for exercising.

7. 1. For being able to work out and be in no pain
    2. For feeling well to look after my unwell wife
    3. For having an xmas tree with lights

8. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

May she have a speedy recovery brother! She is in our prayers! Stay strong! Win!

9. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

-I am thankful for my bluetooth headset that allows me to listen to inspiring audio hands free driving to work
    -I am thankful for toilet paper... leaves would probably leave a rash :)
    -I am thankful for genuine human interaction for it is getting harder and harder to experience.

Stay strong! Win!

10. I've been slacking so I'm gonna make up for it! Bare with me, people. I've been thinking and jotting some things down, but I hadn't come on the site so I haven't "reported them." :p

Day 9 (Friday):
    1. I'm grateful for the wisdom of optometry that has allowed me to be able to see the full beauty of the world.
    2. I'm grateful for passion.
    3. I'm grateful for having a large extended family that lives near by enough to celebrate holidays with.

Day 10 (Saturday):
    1. I'm grateful for having a few days to rest after such a long week before going back to work.
    2. I'm grateful for God's provision in all aspects of my life, but especially financially, for providing me with new clients and Christmas tips just when my silly mind was starting to worry about money.
    3. I'm grateful for pets. I don't have any at the moment, but it's just a cool concept. Funny how much companionship and joy they can provide.

Day 11 (Sunday):
    1. Though I didn't go to church last night, I'm thankful for my church family and the new friendships I'm making there.
    2. I'm grateful for art.
    3. I'm grateful for music.

Day 12 (Today):
    1. I'm grateful for this gratitude attitude challenge! I've done this before on my own, but it's fun to see the things everyone else comes up with. It makes me think of new things I have taken for granted.
    2. Speaking of taking things for granted, I take my hearing for granted very often. Not being able to hear things well is one of my least favorite things, and I often get impatient very quickly, but hey! At least I'm not deaf! (There are much worse things in the world than being deaf, for sure, but still. I'm grateful for my ears that can hear.)
    3. I'm grateful that every day is fresh, with new mercies every morning and new opportunities to say carpe diem!

taqwa likes this.
  11. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Strong work @TakingTheSteps ! I expect nothing less out of you! :) Btw... I used to sign off with Carpe Diem (love that expression).

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  12. bastion

bastion Guest

1. I am grateful for having a friend.
    2. I am happy to have an analytical mind.
    3. I am grateful for the ability to shop for the things I need.

TakingTheSteps and taqwa like this.
  13. BushidoWarrior

BushidoWarrior Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful that our shower works. I need to go and have one, lol.
    2. I'm grateful that I have a beard trimmer. My beard is getting massive. It's time for me to cut it down to size.
    3. I'm grateful that it's such a beautiful day today. Who doesn't appreciate awesome weather?

taqwa likes this.
  14. 1. I'm grateful that my parent's bought me a shirt today
    2. I'm grateful for the beautiful city that I live in and that I get to explore
    3. I'm grateful for the time I got to spend with my family

15. 1. For having the strength to admit I relapsed last night.
    2. For being able to learn from it and go further next time round.
    3. For being pmo free for over 60 days with only a few relapses

taqwa, oooo and TakingTheSteps like this.
  16. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut

I'm grateful for my dog which is always happy to see me.
    I'm grateful i am still able to resist my urges.
    I'm grateful my confidence is coming back, and more girls are looking at me.

taqwa and makethatchange like this.
  17. Day 13:

1. I'm immensely thankful for @Jen@8675309 right now. I really needed someone to say, "Okay, let's walk through this logistically and figure out where the problem is," because in the midst of my laziness and somewhat-depression I was having a hard time doing that myself. But it's important and I know it will be helpful. Thanks for keeping me honest, girl.

2. I'm grateful for the joy that comes from serving others, even in the smallest way. It's such a graceful, merciful thing, that joy. It doesn't have to be there. If you're doing something selfless, it's not about receiving, it's about giving. But God just gives us that extra little burst of fulfillment, just for the heck of it, because He's awesome like that.

3. I'm grateful for the connections I've made with people throughout my life who are still willing, after years of distance and silence between us, to step back in and encourage/support me in my dreams and goals. I'm grateful for the way friendship often just picks up where it left off, unaltered by time.

taqwa, oooo and makethatchange like this.
  18. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

-I am grateful for my skin that provides an awesome protection against trillions of bacteria
    -I am grateful for natural feel good hormones that are secreted as I write this post
    -I am grateful that despite our many differences, we are able to come together and support each other

Stay strong! Win!

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  19. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

That is sooo true...."I'm grateful for the way friendship often just picks up where it left off, unaltered by time." It is a beautiful thing when you can call a friend that you have not spoken with in a long time and just resume right where you left off. It is one of the most underappreciated blessings we have! So insightful!...I am grateful for the reminder!

20. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Awesome!... "For having the strength to admit I relapsed last night." You are beautifully healing brother! Addiction festers in secrecy! I am proud of you! What an inspiration. I am thankful for your honesty and strength!

makethatchange likes this.