1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Gratitude Attitude Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by BushidoWarrior, Sep 21, 2015.

1. BushidoWarrior

BushidoWarrior Fapstronaut

Think of them when you wake up, then remind yourself of them when you go to bed.

swagnarock likes this.
  2. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for Duolingo. It is helping me becoming a fluent Spanish speaker. Without it, I would have never picked up the habit of daily language learning.
    2. I'm grateful for Beeminder. It is a motivational online app that integrates commitment contracts and progress tracking with the threat of money loss if you deviate from your goals. It is a very very effective way of staying on track with your habits.
    3. I'm grateful that my smartphone can play music. Without the ability to listen to music while I work, I wouldn't have gotten the pantry organised and re-sorted last night. It took about 7 hours!
    4. I'm grateful for the Hamilton skin cream I'm currently using. No other intensive moisturizer helps keep my shocking dermatitis at bay better than this stuff. I thank the gods that I found it. It truly works miracles.
    5. I'm grateful to be in the presence of my family right now. It's always fun to visit them. They are great company and are awesome.
    6. I'm grateful for Habitica. It is an online habit-tracking app. The reason it is so motivating is because it turns your life into an RPG. When you do your habits, your character gets XP, and vice versa. I won't go into explaining it here, but it has been enormously useful for me over the past six months.

Medic06 and swagnarock like this.
  3. Medic06

Medic06 Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful for my three year old daughter. Even though we live 8000 miles apart, she makes me laugh every day. Talking to her always makes me feel better when I'm down. Along those same lines:

2. I'm grateful for FaceTime and Skype for allowing me to see my daughter's face on an almost daily basis, despite the distance.

3. I'm grateful that I can provide financial security for my daughter in an uncertain time.

BushidoWarrior and swagnarock like this.
  4. Medic06

Medic06 Fapstronaut

This is cool! I just wish they had Tagalog, as my partner is Filipino and that's her native language. Thanks for the plug. :)

BushidoWarrior likes this.
  5. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful for all the great series they make. Like Vikings which brings you back in that time.
    2. I am grateful for the earth which gives us all we need to live.
    3. I am grateful for Cold shower coalition they keep motivating each other which is a really good thing.

BushidoWarrior and swagnarock like this.
  6. swagnarock

swagnarock Fapstronaut

1. Am grateful that I still have hope....

2. Am grateful for the the fact that I've made it till day 6

3. Am grateful that I got so many books to read...

BushidoWarrior and oooo like this.
  7. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for the awesome view from our living room. It's bloody magnificent.
    2. I'm grateful that I have a singlet to wear. It beats wearing a t-shirt or a shirt in this sweltering heat.
    3. I'm grateful for the walking track near my house. No-one uses it, and the dogs love the walk.

oooo likes this.
  8. bastion

bastion Guest

1. I'm grateful for having a grocery store not far from my house.
    2. I'm grateful for the amount of different shoes I apparently have.
    3. I'm grateful for the whiteboard that I have. Very useful.

swagnarock and oooo like this.
  9. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for reaching 30 days of nonstop meditation using the great headspace app.
    2. I'm grateful for a full belly and a happy heart.
    3. I'm grateful for my body which gives me the freedom to go wherever i want to.

swagnarock likes this.
  10. swagnarock

swagnarock Fapstronaut

1. Am grateful for my WP which has given me more than 2yrs of fulfilling experience

2. Am grateful for Jeff Olson for writing such a wonderful book

3. Am grateful for my five senses...controlled by my intellect...which is under my soul's supervision( like five horses controlled by a charioteer who follows my souls instructions).... n my soul is just a part n parcel of the supreme being

11. Medic06

Medic06 Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful to my friends for generally being supportive.
    2. I am grateful to one particular friend for turning my attention to an amazing woman who has turned into a wonderful partner.
    3. I am grateful that I wake up with a solid roof over my head every day, and healthy and happy almost every day.

12. bastion

bastion Guest

1. I'm grateful for the employment program I am in
    2. I'm grateful for the guidance I receive in my life
    3. I'm grateful for my doctor

13. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

-I am grateful for my vertebral column that allows me to bend my back without pain.
    -I am grateful for caramel squares that give me so much pleasure.
    -I am grateful for my eyes ability to accommodate which allows me to read up close (@TakingTheSteps should appreciate that one)

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  14. Grateful for your old man eyes, eh?

Alright, I suppose since I'm here I should muster up some gratefulness, because I've been slacking.

1. As much as I hate the fact that I HAVE to have health insurance... I'm thankful for being able to get new glasses today for much much less money than they would have cost without insurance.

2. I'm thankful for a fun night with my husband, laughing and commentating our way through a ridiculous new horror flick.

3. I'm grateful for a nice relaxing weekend that was also incredibly productive.

4. I'm grateful for the ability to just get up and go grab a snack whenever I'm hungry. Boy do I take that one for granted.

5. I'm grateful to be able to get up and go get some water out of my running faucet (or better yet, from my fridge).

6. After reflecting on some early life experience, I'm super grateful for the physical healing my dad has experienced after a pretty drastic back injury. He can now walk, sort of run-ish lol, lay on the ground to play with his grandkids.... All things we weren't sure would ever be possible again. Serious gratitude to God for that one.

7. I'm thankful for my education and upbringing that has shaped me into the woman I am today.

8. I'm thankful for new inspiration for a topic of writing -- something I haven't felt in a bit, and something I always welcome.

9. As I'm hearing our neighbors dog bark, I'm reminded of a period of months in which our neighbor had a dog that literally barked non-stop for hours every single day. Not sure what happened to that dog, but... as someone who gets really bad anxiety from repetitive, rhythmic noise, I'm glad that's stopped.

10. I'm thankful for my mom's decision to homeschool my sister and me, growing up. I'm not against traditional schooling, but I think it has played a large role in my confidence, my faith, my closeness with my parents, my comfort with deep conversations with adults, and so much more of my character that could have been tainted by poor influences. I'm grateful to have had parents that knew the delicate balance between living in reality and being sheltered/protected.

taqwa likes this.
  15. thelink_jv

thelink_jv Fapstronaut

I am grateful to have a family that allows me to just study in fauldade.
    I am grateful to be healthy and able to leave the house, of biscicleta over long distances
    I am grateful to know that people care about me

TakingTheSteps and taqwa like this.
  16. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

"Grateful for your old man eyes, eh?" They have sadly seen more than they should...may God forgive my poor soul!

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  17. He does! ;)

18. 1. I'm grateful for the lovely people at work
    2. I'm grateful for my cat
    3. I'm grateful for my education

BushidoWarrior and taqwa like this.
  19. Slylen

Slylen Fapstronaut

I don't know why i stopped doing this! But after a little reflection i do appreciate the effects it has on my perspective. Let us begin...

1. I am grateful that such a supportive community exists to assist each other with their trials.
    2. I am grateful for the moment of clarity i received as i struggled with my issues this evening.
    3. I am grateful that i now understand it is OK to be alone sometimes.

Stay Strong,

-Slylen

I'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.

Robert H. Schuller

BushidoWarrior, freedom457 and taqwa like this.
  20. swagnarock

swagnarock Fapstronaut

1. Am grateful for getting to know such lovely ladies...

2. Am grateful that I got the opportunity to read Mr Booker T Washington's " UP FROM SLAVERY"

3. Am grateful for that religious seminar in school

BushidoWarrior and taqwa like this.