1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My Friend's Godmode

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by MercenaryKing, Jan 9, 2016.

1. SkinnyBeard

SkinnyBeard Fapstronaut

Simply fascinating. You, my friend, have done a great thing by posting this story. I, truly, wish you all the best on your journey and hope to hear more from you soon.

Truly yours,

Skinny

Ultra Zork and MercenaryKing like this.
  2. IsThisANewLife

IsThisANewLife Fapstronaut

3. MercenaryKing

MercenaryKing Fapstronaut

I do, it's been pretty sporadic and not just focused on NoFap but I'm trying to use it more regularly!

Ultra Zork likes this.
  4. MercenaryKing

Thanks to all my brothers and sisters for your words, it's fantastic to have such a supportive community and I'm glad this post inspired you! I'm still going strong. If you need any more motivation: Alex is having a threesome this weekend. Talk about grabbing life by the balls.
    Best of luck everyone, I'll keep you updated on the lives of Alex and I in my journey to reach great heights.

5. Crispy21

Crispy21 Fapstronaut

Threesome? Ya dont say

6. AmeVirupa

AmeVirupa Fapstronaut

MercenaryKing likes this.
  7. marcpro

marcpro Fapstronaut

Great story m8, don't post triggring stuff like 3-some, it's P related by many of us I think. It was a good story, but sex won't change your life for long. You talked about the game, Mr Neil Strauss described that the guys turned into social machines at the end. Which is not what you want to become, be happy with yourself you talked about meditation. I read a lot about seduction too but the primary and vital point is deconstructing the illusions that we have around life, sexuality, money ...

VK2019 and MercenaryKing like this.
  8. marcpro

marcpro Fapstronaut

@Gaston Just do it! This is why is was selled so good, promesses and lies. Some of the stuff was true but yes if you think you'll become good by just reading a book... You know when you see how much you've spent watching P and you see such a book, first thing is you read it!

Ultra Zork likes this.
  9. mickeybear

mickeybear Fapstronaut

What a great writing! I'm so pumped to continue with my journey. Good luck to you MercenaryKing!

Ultra Zork and MercenaryKing like this.
  10. TheHeroOfCourage

TheHeroOfCourage Fapstronaut

This thread is actually disgusting. Masturbating is better than fornicating. You do realize that the "sex" you'll be having is fake, right? There is no love in casual sex. It's all about lust. Lust corrupts your heart.

11. Crispy21

Crispy21 Fapstronaut

Lol thanks for a good laugh today

12. TheHeroOfCourage

You're right. Sorry to the topic creator. I went a bit too overboard with my statements. I apologize.

I just felt strongly about the issue of casual sex. Why have it? What benefits can it have, besides a hormonal release? When you involve sex, you lose the innocence you have with your female friends. Also, sex is personal, and can complicate things. When you have sex with more than one person, you could be getting yourself into a whole lot of drama. What if someone unfairly accuses of you of rape? What if someone has an STD? What if you have an unwanted pregnancy? Sex outside of a committed relationship has a whole slew of risks attached to it.

Ultra Zork and Deleted Account like this.
  13. IsThisANewLife

IsThisANewLife Fapstronaut

First, let me say that I have no defined opinion (yet) about "the issue of casual sex".
    Second, I'm not sure that is the main point of this thread, as it occurs to me the main point is "you can live the life you want/deserve to live".
    However, though I kinda agree with the "Why have it? What benefits can it have?" POV, the second part of your comment sounded... weak? "What if..." isn't a solid argument, I believe. After all, life in itself "has a whole slew of risks attached to it".

14. Betterthanever

Betterthanever Fapstronaut

Keep it up brother. I believe in you. You will win this game of life.

VK2019 and MercenaryKing like this.
  15. MercenaryKing

I agree with many of the comments about game, and I understand the dangers involved with inauthenticity. And centrally, true happiness can only be independent of circumstances. That's why meditation is so important, it helps you change your relationship with thoughts and feelings, not get caught up in them.

I don't mean to frame sex as the key to happiness or the answer to all my problems. Even Alex realised he was so caught up in game that he was missing authentic friendship and had to pursue some growth in different directions too.

Personally, I would like to grow as a person, in all regards, and lead a fulfilling life. Part of that is a healthy sex life, which I think is a positive thing if not overstated. In a way it carries greater weight for me currently simply because my ED is a sort of metaphor for my self-image that I intend to rectify (or e-rectify, am I right?). I'd love to have better social skills. Make more friends. Be more at ease flirting. Enjoy sex and improve at it. These only make up part of my life and fulfillment, make no mistake. But they're an integral part, for me at least.

As for criticism of casual sex... fair enough. That's your choice to make. But my life is mine. And for me (not claiming objective truth here) I don't think sex is unclean, impure or bad. It can take on these dimensions in certain contexts sure. But it's natural, healthy, and good for your brain, in moderation. It also develops intimacy, empathy and closer bonding. Far from ruining relationships I say it gives them further depth, when done right. You must filter out the drama and the danger. It's not hard. Alex does it with ease. No drama. No fights. Just sexual freedom and great friendships. So do what you will. I'll do me.

VK2019, jooin and thelink_jv like this.
  16. TheHeroOfCourage

Hey, man, I'm sorry. I really am. It's just something I felt strongly about, and part of NoFap for me personally is to present my opinions in a respectful manner, as well as respecting others' opinions. I clearly did not do that in this case. I'm sorry man.

17. MercenaryKing

@TheHeroOfCourage it's alright dude, we all have our own opinions and values! You live your life exactly how you want to live it

18. Ultra Zork

Ultra Zork Fapstronaut

This is some good stuff.

19. Decoder™

Decoder™ Fapstronaut

Your time was spent in a very splendid way on the writing of this post. Much grattitude.

20. ChristoX8

ChristoX8 Fapstronaut

Amazing post! Congratulation for 11 days of abstinence filled with success. Your story reminded of U2's song ''Even Better Than the Real Thing''. I always though this song was about ED and sex. :p lol

Stay true to your goals, give everything you got every day, always remember all the shame, the sadness you felt when you suffered ED and couldn't get it on, when feeling the urge or about to relapse and you'll get results! :) There is no excuse to live our lives to the fullest, we spent years fantasizing about sex ...now it's time to spend years doing the real thing! :cool: