1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Celibacy

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by climberjunkie, Aug 2, 2015.

1. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

I watched the video you posted and I find I can relate to most if not all of it. Of course being a hot blooded young male, years ago I chose to satisfy an urge and I made certain that I could establish meaningful relationships with women and could obtain sex in this manner if I chose to do so. However, my viewpoint and goals often depart from the majority and here it is no different. American society (of which I am a part) definitely strongly promotes marriage by contract and also strongly encourages men and women to have kids. I felt I needed to have regular and fulfilling sex initially and to form relationships to grow as a man and I still think I was absolutely correct.

But right now I am not pursuing a relationship at all and the biggest reason why is very much in line with the Clasik Obas video. Part of my 'wising up' happened as a matter of age and maturity for me. I realized that pursuing sex and aiming for a traditional marriage with children is a huge time and monetary commitment and not something I am interested in going forward. I know and have known for a long time that my passion is for learning deeply, solving problems that I find challenging and contributing/helping others at the same time. It seems silly to wander around chasing skirts and I made the conscious decision that my life will not be about that. Instead, I will pursue the things I am most passionate about and what I feel most enriches my life. I am definitely open to the idea of a beautiful and mutually beneficial relationship at some point in the future, but I'll be the first to admit it is not a top priority and it is definitely not a problem that I know how to solve easily. At a minimum, I may need to grow significantly before I am ready to find that.

What we choose to do in our 20's, 30's, and 40's (any decade for that matter) is a very important decision not to be taken lightly. We know enough now about how a mind develops to consider carefully the path we choose. I have needed to make some tough decisions in recent years. Do I want to pursue women? Money and a powerful business career? Lower stress and an easy but sub-optimal existence? Knowledge and learning? An outdoor career in sports? Trying to balance too many things can easily make you the master of nothing and for me, I prefer to include a small number of things in my life and to make sure they have great meaning, significance and lead to happiness for myself and those around me. For now, I ended up choosing to pursue knowledge and learning, to engage in sports for health benefits, to let the money take care of itself (deathbed analysis told me not to go for this purely), and not to bother spending most of my free time pursuing women.

It is not as likely that I will take a purely celibate route myself, but in some respects, I am not far from it and share many of the same ideals.

HopeFaith and Calm like this.
  2. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

New Age psychologist Ralph Smart on not being an energy drainer:

Wealth takes care of itself when you become a man of awesome character really. Doesn't matter much what you do you can always be successful if you have developed a virtuous nature. Not to get off topic that is more James Allen's arena which I delve into in my journal.

For me personally, I need to find a modest hearted woman who values a relationship of mind over the body, any physical relations would be in moderation and simply an expression of our deeper mental and spiritual bond with each other. Clasik Obas calls them wise women. These women make the best mothers and wives.

Vampires (energy draining females in Clasik terminology) are for men he calls clowns, pussy chasers, lol I know it seems he is being inconsiderate or judgemental with these terms but he respects everyone even the vampires and clowns need love and may one day grow too, the labels are used to express a point:

From the Brahmacharya guide, more views from Western minds at www.semenloss.info if you care:

6. THE VALUE OF SEMEN
    My dear brothers! The vital energy, the Veerya that supports your life, which is the Prana of Pranas, which shines in your sparkling eyes, which beams in your shining cheeks, is a great treasure for you. Remember this point well. Veerya is the quintessence of blood. One drop of semen is manufactured out of forty drops of blood. Mark here how valuable this fluid is!

A tree draws the essence or Rasa from the earth. This essence is circulated throughout the tree, its twigs, branches, leaves, flowers and fruits. The shining colours and life in the leaves, flowers and fruits are due to this Rasa. Similarly, the Veerya that is manufactured by the cells of the testes out of blood gives colour and vitality to the human body and its different organs.

According to Ayurveda, semen is the last Dhatu that is formed out of food. Out of food is manufactured chyle. Out of chyle comes blood. Out of blood comes flesh. Out of flesh comes fat. Out of fat comes bone. Out of bone comes marrow. Out of marrow comes semen. These are the Sapta Dhatus or the seven Dhatus that support this life and body. Mark here how precious is semen! It is the last essence. It is the Essence of essences. The Veerya comes out of the very marrow that lies concealed inside the bones.

There are three divisions in each Dhatu. Semen nourishes the physical body, the heart and the intellect. Only that man who uses the physical body, the heart and the intellect can have perfect Brahmacharya. A wrestler who uses his physical body only, but keeps the intellect and the heart undeveloped, cannot expect to have full Brahmacharya. He can have Brahmacharya of the body only, but not of the mind and the heart. The semen that belongs to the heart and the mind will certainly flow out. If an aspirant does only Japa and meditation, if he does not develop the heart, and if he does not practice physical exercise, he will have only mental Brahmacharya. The portion of the semen, which goes to nourish the heart and the body, will flow out. But an advanced Yogi who dives deep in meditation will have full Brahmacharya even if he does not take physical exercise.

Semen is the quintessence of food or blood. One drop of semen in manufactured out of forty drops of blood according to modern medical science. According to Ayurveda, it is elaborated out of eighty drops of blood. The two testes or seeds that are located in the scrotal bag are called secretory glands. The cells of these testes have been endowed with the peculiar property of secreting semen from the blood. Just as bees collect honey in the honeycomb drop by drop, so also, the cells of the testes collect semen drop by drop from the blood. Then this fluid is taken by the two ducts or tubes to the vesiculae seminalis. Under excitement, it is thrown out by special ducts, called ejaculatory ducts, into the urethra where it is mixed with the prostatic juice.

Semen is found in a subtle state in all the cells of the body. Just as sugar is all-pervading in the sugar-cane, butter in milk, so also, semen is pervading the whole body. Just as the butter milk is thin after the butter is removed, so also, semen is thinned by its wastage. The more the wastage of semen the more is the weakness. In the Yoga Sastras it is said:

Maranam Bindu Patanat,
    Jivanam Bindu Rakshanat.

Falling of semen brings death; preservation of semen gives life. Semen is the real vitality in men. It is the hidden treasure in man. It imparts Brahma-Tejas to the face and strength to the intellect.

Modern medical opinion
    Eminent European medical men also support the statement of the Yogins of India. Dr. Nicole says: "It is a medical and physiological fact that the best blood in the body goes to form the elements of reproduction in both the sexes. In a pure and orderly life, this matter is reabsorbed. It goes back into circulation ready to form the finest brain, nerve and muscular tissues. This vital fluid of man carried back and diffused through his system makes him manly, strong, brave and heroic. If wasted, it leaves him effeminate, weak and physically debilitated and prone to sexual irritation and disordered function, a wretched nervous system, epilepsy, and various other diseases and death. The suspension of the use of the generative organs is attended with a notable increase of bodily and mental and spiritual vigour."

If the spermatic secretion in men is continuous, it must either be expelled or be reabsorbed. As a result of the most patient and persevering scientific investigations, it has been found that whenever the seminal secretions are conserved and thereby reabsorbed into the system, it goes towards enriching the blood and strengthening the brain. Dr. Dio Louis thinks that the conservation of this element is essential to strength of body, vigour of mind and keenness of intellect. Another writer, Dr. E.P. Miller, says: "All waste of spermatic secretions, whether voluntary or involuntary, is a direct waste of the life force. It is almost universally conceded that the choicest element of the blood enters into the composition of the spermatic secretion. If these conclusions are correct, then it follows that a chaste life is essential to man’s well-being."

Mind, Prana and Veerya
    Mind, Prana and Veerya are the three links of one chain. They are the three pillars of the edifice of Jivatma. Destroy one pillar—mind, Prana or Veerya—and the whole building will fall to pieces.

Mind, Prana and Veerya are one. By controlling the mind, you can control Prana and semen. By controlling Prana you can control the mind and semen. By controlling semen, you can control the mind and Prana.

Mind, Prana and Veerya are under the one Sambandha or connection or circuit. If the mind is controlled, Prana and Veerya are controlled automatically. He who suspends or restrains Prana restrains also the working of the mind and the movement of the Veerya. Again, if the Veerya is controlled, and if it is made to flow upwards into the brain by pure thoughts and the practice of Viparita Karani Mudras such as Sarvangasana and Sirshasana and Pranayama, the mind and the Prana are automatically controlled.

The mind is set in motion or rendered active by two things—the vibration of Prana and the Vasanas or subtle desires. Where the mind is absorbed, there the Prana is restrained; and where the Prana is fixed, there the mind also is absorbed. Mind and Prana are intimate companions, like a man and his shadow. If the mind and the Prana are not restrained, all the organs of sensation and action keep actively engaged in their respective functions.

When a man is excited by passion, the Prana is set in motion. Then the whole body obeys the dictate of the mind just as a soldier obeys the command of his commander. The vital air or Prana moves the internal sap or semen. The semen is put into motion. It falls downwards, just as the clouds burst into rain water, just as the fruits, flowers and leaves of the trees drop down by the force of the blowing winds.

If the Veerya is lost, Prana gets unsteady. Prana is agitated. The man becomes nervous. Then the mind also cannot work properly. The man becomes fickle-minded. There is mental weakness.

If the Prana is rendered steady, the mind also becomes steady. If the Veerya is steady, the mind also is steady. If the Veerya is steady, the mind also is steady. If the Drishti or vision is steady, the mind also becomes steady. Therefore, control the Prana, the Veerya and the Drishti.

God is Rasa. Raso Vai Sah. Rasa is Veerya, the vital fluid or semen. You can get eternal bliss by the attainment of Rasa or Veerya only. Rasohyevayam Labdhva Anandi Bhavati.

Grasp fully the importance and value of this vital essence of life. Veerya is all power. Veerya is all money. Veerya is God. Veerya is Sita. Veerya is Radha. Veerya is Durga. Veerya is God in motion. Veerya is dynamic Will. Veerya is Atma-Bal. Veerya is God’s Vibhuti. The Lord says in the Gita: "Paurusham Nrishu. I am the seed or virility in men". Veerya is the essence of life, thought, intelligence and consciousness. Therefore, preserve this vital fluid very, very carefully, my dear readers!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  3. DireWolf

DireWolf Fapstronaut

I see celibacy as an act of self-sacrifice that means you gain control over the natural urges of your body, i respect people who do this sacrifice, its a noble way of carrying yourself, im currently considering it, its not the kind of thing you jump into from my opinion.

Headspace and Calm like this.
  4. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

I suppose many people view it this way.

Actually in eastern countries like China and India (in the past, they are becoming more Westernized these days, I am an American btw) celibacy is viewed as quite natural if you are not married. When I went to school for Asian Studies many Chinese students were 'naturally celibate' if you will as they were raised with the value of saving sex until marriage. It was uncommon to have sex with a boyfriend or girlfriend, as that is commonplace in the West. However this value is being lost obviously as you can see around University campuses and in the media coming out of these countries nowadays. Thanks 'Murica hahah.

Sublimation was a common household term, every Father and son knew what it meant and understood that saving semen and bringing it up the spine into the brain is a great source of energy and happiness.

I sure didn't jump into celibacy or the idea of waiting until I found a life partner to have sex again, it was a gradual change definitely.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    Headspace likes this.
  5. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

Headspace likes this.
  6. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

It's similar for me. Few years ago I was still considering regular sex to be important to me, thanks to the brainwash coming from society and constant self-stimulation. At the moment I am redefining my sexuality. At this point I can say that if I will have sex outside of a serious relationship I want it to be sustainable regarding my relationship with that girl nevertheless, like having the feeling that I am not hurting her or myself (I don't know if a situation like that will ever exist again in my life). Plus, there definitely has to be an emotional connection. I never had a one night stand, and may be it is starting to not be an option for me anymore. Actually I am not overthinking all this, just living my life and doing what's right for me depending on the situation :)

plongeur and Calm like this.
  7. Congrelous

Congrelous Fapstronaut

Sex is a waste unless it is in some pursuit of a higher goal. There are two impulses, the one to life, and one to death. Masturbation is the indulgence in the illusion of eros --- thanatos laughs. My sig:

"Hedonism, the search for gratuitous pleasure, inevitably leads to an epicurianism of pain. The hedonist rapidly falls back into indulging progressively more poisonous, revolting, and debilitating pleasures to provoke a reaction from his exhausted senses. Hedonism and masochism exhaust themselves uselessly into the numbed greyness of dulled faculties." - Peter J. Carroll, Liber Null

Hedonism is not pursuit of truth, Hedonism is not growth into greater and greater forms, Hedonism is not overcoming one's self, evolving. Hedonism is death by bloodletting.

Everything that is good and natural in life is embedded within life and within our capacity to perceive it. Our bodies are the antennae. When I was young and thought little of sex in the way I do now, my perception of the world was vibrant, alive.

I don't feel like anyone can do any kind of intense, life building work --- physical, mental, or spiritual when starving one's self of veerya.

Science backtracked so hard in the attempt to reverse the excesses of the Christian era, i.e. guilt and shame it inadvertently invoked the opposite problem: Hedonism and Foolishness. The first can be considered a waste of mind and flesh in that it represses creative energy until it explodes in often a violent manner, the latter in that it dissipates it before it can even be used.

Edit: the solution is wisdom, virtue, "knowledge of the good"

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    Deleted Account, Calm and Headspace like this.
  8. Paulie

Paulie Guest

I also have chosen to live my life in celibacy. Perhaps I will form a group for us.

9. Go for it. Sounds like one I would join. Though perhaps we need a better name? [...as celibacy by definition could still include PMO ;) ]

10. Paulie

Paulie Guest

I formed a group for those choosing celibacy, can he found here

11. Paulie

Paulie Guest

The name of the group is set and cant be changed however in the group description it includes sexual purity and being PMO free.

12. TheHeroOfCourage

TheHeroOfCourage Fapstronaut

I plan to be celibate until marriage! Meaning no PMO or sex until marriage.

13. plongeur

plongeur Fapstronaut

Well - then almost any way to spend your time is going to be a waste ... not good prospects.

There is also the impulse to "having fun" - right in the middle.

Weird how you put it - but I guess I can agree with the underlying assumption.

Harsh way to put it - but also, kinda agree - even though I am a little bit of a hedonist, I think. It's true that seeking pleasure always leads to pain - but then again, the pain is not that that bad.

14. Congrelous

Congrelous Fapstronaut

Everything is opportunity cost.

People think that being frivolous comes without a cost, or is "simple fun", but everything has a cost, seen or unseen.

How we choose to deal with that is our "lifestyle".

I don't think hedonism is any better or worse than discipline, it really just depends on what you want out of life.

I've worn the wheels off the hedonism train.

Deleted Account and Paulie like this.
  15. @Congrelous yes that is all spot on

Me too brother. I got a replacement set. Wore those out too. Done with that now ;)

Paulie likes this.
  16. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

I am celibate too since 4 years! I feel clean like this :D

Green Grass and Paulie like this.
  17. Paulie

Paulie Guest

Celibacy feels great, congratulations of achieving 4 years. Do you try to practice total sexual purity as well. I define celibacy as total sexual purity from all forms ox sex including solo-sex like masturbation. I consider celibacy as total sexual purity of thought, word and deed.

18. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

Lol :) Look at my counter , I am doing the best I can with that respect:D Honestly!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  19. Paulie

Paulie Guest

Doing the best you can is great.

HopeFaith likes this.
  20. Congrelous

Congrelous Fapstronaut

My mind is clearer and the rationalizations are getting worse. "Just a peek" mindset is setting in.

Paulie likes this.