1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your personality type?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Sentinel, Feb 22, 2016.

1. All along people have been calling me holy, angel, the light, the healer and other stupid stuff. I can see why, but make no mistake, I have consumed darkness too. The diabolic one of a kind. Knowing myself and my addiction, I've always seen myself as a highly idealistic and creative, but also extremely depressive and isolated.

I took the test 6 years ago and then again today.
    Much upgraded and evolved but I'm still the same.

INFP
    • You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (75%)
    • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (28%)
    • You have distinct preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
    • You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (34%)
    What are you guys? Take the test.
    http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes1.htm

MrPrince and UnorthodoxBox like this.
  2. UpendiT

UpendiT Fapstronaut

3. Darkstar 22.84

Darkstar 22.84 Fapstronaut

ENFP
    Extravert(34%) iNtuitive(19%) Feeling(12%) Perceiving(34%)
    • You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (34%)
    • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (19%)
    • You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
    • You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (34%)

Yup, still got it!

Sentinel likes this.
  4. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

I am an INFP as well. To be more precise INFP-A
    74% Introverted 26% Extraverted
    73% Intuitive 27% Sensing
    34% Thinking 68% Feeling
    62% Prospecting 38% Judging
    56% Assertive 44% Turbulent

But I have taken the test on this site https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Edit: Just took the test on the site you linked and I got INFP again. There really must be something to the Meyers Briggs test.
    INFP
    Introvert(34%) iNtuitive(38%) Feeling(25%) Perceiving(22%)
    • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (34%)
    • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
    • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
    • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    Sentinel likes this.
  5. Funny how both introverts and extroverts get caught by PMO and both have those who really want to end their misery. Not really a thing, but it just makes me think.

I've always seen being INFP as a weakness. It ain't. I've learned that you can choose what you want yourself, but it feels complicated and extremely fragile.

6. CountryDude

CountryDude Fapstronaut

7. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

I did that test years ago, but let's see... still INFP :) It's also the type I identify with the most by just reading the description. INTP comes next, afterwards comes INFJ.

INFP
    Introvert(38%) iNtuitive(62%) Feeling(41%) Perceiving(16%)
    • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (38%)
    • You have distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
    • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (41%)
    • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (16%)

An important aspect of these 16 personality types is that none is better than the other. So being any type can't be a weakness, nor a strength. All are equally important to humanity.

Concerning INFPs, at some point I read that they tend to resign and lose confidence when they can't act out their ideals. So: Get up. Do it.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    Sentinel likes this.
  8. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

So many NFs here. Most people I met through the internet who took the test were NFs. I think people with the NF traits seem very drawn to things like forums to express themselves because often they (especially the introverts) have a problem doing this in real life. It would really be interesting to have somebody different than NTs and NFs to talk about their type. But I think these are the kind of people who tend to take such tests because they're really interested in people.

9. I'm naturally an extrovert but it's suppressed by PMO-fuelled anxiety/depression.

Sentinel likes this.
  10. Well, never done this before but it turns out I am ESTP which is:

• You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (9%)
    • You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (3%)
    • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (19%)
    • You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (44%)

Usually I think these things are bullshit but I have to say the description of this type of person is pretty much spot on for me. "ESTPs are spontaneous, active folks. Like the other SPs, ESTPs get great satisfaction from acting on their impulses. Activities involving great power, speed, thrill and risk are attractive to the ESTP. Chronic stifling of these impulses makes the ESTP feel "dead inside".

Although, I wonder if it works like a horoscope and every type seems to fit every person? I'm going to try the test again but with made up answers.... back in 5 minutes!

Hmmmm ok. So I did the test again without looking at the questions just clicking at random and you know what? I got ESTP again!!! Weird!

Sentinel likes this.
  11. Porkins

Porkins Guest

12. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

I got ISFP, not sure it's correct but I am definitely an introvert. I got 100% for introverted preference :D. I guess my depression affected to my result.
    @tacomanarrows just for fun man. mbti is just an assessment tool based slightly on Jung theory.

Sentinel likes this.
  13. JD123123

JD123123 Fapstronaut

14. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

That might actually be the case. Years ago I would get these "95-100% introverted"-results as well. Now acquaintances and other people have become very important in my life and my results are different (while remaining INFP).

Sentinel likes this.
  15. CurlyMinaj

CurlyMinaj Fapstronaut

I am 100% introvert. INFP

16. You might just be right. That's why asked some friends and family members to do the test too and as predicted, they where very opposite of what I was. Extroverts, Sensing etc.

17. larrylarrylarry

larrylarrylarry Fapstronaut

18. xedger

xedger Guest

ENFP. Consistent every time for ten years.

Poor impulse control. F over T. See how most people above are F's ;). Seriously though, I'm sure I have read somewhere that NFs are more prone to addiction...

19. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

Really? I don't think I'm very prone to addction, quite the contrary and I'm an INFP. ENFP probably tend more to addctions due to the poor impulse control you mentioned. I think the most vulnerable to addiction types are dominant Se users. So ESFPs and ESTPs. They tend to have a very hedonistic approach to life.

20. Well I took the test for the fun of it and these are my results:

INTJ
    Introvert(62%) iNtuitive(9%) Thinking(28%) Judging(6%)
    • You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (62%)
    • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (9%)
    • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (28%)
    • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (6%)
    I had no idea what this means so I just Googled it. This is the article I found, first one in Google results - https://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality

So apperently my type is called "The Architect" and I'm 2% of the population?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016