1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need dating advice. I've never had a gf and would like to have one.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Omor Almamun, Apr 8, 2016.

1. RealLifeGamer

RealLifeGamer Fapstronaut

Don´t start lifting heavy until you are 18/19 or it could influence your height (growth)

only do body weight exercises. push ups and stuff (don´t know the english words for the others lol)

You goal shouldn´t be to become Arni, but again to become the best version of yourself.

If you want to "impress" girls with your body focus on moderate mass with low body fat.
    Only guys are impressed by 250 pound muscle bodies.

2. So dumb bells are not safe? They're only 15 lbs (6.8) kgs each so they're not so heavy. I'm just gonna do some dumbell curls.

Also, if I do push ups, how many in a row and how many times in a day should I do it?

I'm a little fat around the belly and I do wanna lose the weight there but my parents don't allow me to go on a diet, so I'm gonna focus on muscle gain.

3. RealLifeGamer

Anything that´s not too heavy is okay dumbbells are okay but pay serious attention to not lift anything to heavy!

The important thing is to make CLEAN exercises, meaning to go slow, to not use motion to complete the move. For example if you do a push up don´t let your body fall down by gravity! Go slow when going down and use your muscles as also when going up.

How many repitions doesn´t matter. Do them until you feel the exercise and the muscle gets empty and you can´t lift anymore.

you don´t need to diet just change your eating habits. eat junkfood and sweets only once or twice a week and only a piece at a time not a bar of chocolate.

eat a bit more protein and eat no carbohydrates for dinner.

eat more vegs and low sugar fruits, berries especially.

diets are useless because you lose as much muslce as fat if not done professionally like a bodybuilder would.

Omor Almamun likes this.
  4. I wanted to do a ketogenic diet but my parents said it's bad for your health even though there have been countless studies showing that it's good for weight loss.

I don't eat sweets much but I'm still fat. Also, my parents will not allow me to eat less carbs because they say you need carbs (even though the body can perfectly well run on ketones).

I do eat plenty of veggies and like 1 or 2 fruits a day.

5. Verhart

Verhart Fapstronaut

lol, just eat less or train more

6. First of all, it doesn't really work. Second of all, my parents don't allow me to calorie restrict.

7. Verhart

Verhart Fapstronaut

I don't know what's going on, is it in thier intrest to bring up a fat ass? Listen, when it comes to weight everything comes down to calorie balance. If you're not tracking your calories intake you can't say 'it doesn't really work'. Because it does. Download MyFitnessPal if you have android.

Though at your age I'd much rather train more than eat less. Your body is still growing, so better just focus at eating quality food(real meat, vegetables, eggs etc.) and work out. You won't notice a change during one month, everyone who says otherwise either have never trained or is lying to sell you something. It takes discipline and patience to achieve a great body.

8. I know exercise is really good for weight loss so I'm doing that. But I don't believe so much in the "calorie balance" theory. I think a ketogenic diet (low carb) is best and you don't need to track your calorie intake.

9. Death Mammal

Death Mammal Fapstronaut

I am on the ketogenic diet for medical reasons. It's worked wonders for me, but I still need to be mindful of my caloric intake if I want to maintain a healthy weight. However, there is definitely more wiggle room since I don't have to worry about glucose and its ability to cause the body to retain fat.

Omor Almamun likes this.
  10. I'd say calories do matter but it's not so simple as calories in and calories out. If you eat until you're full (not overeat) and exercise, you'll be fine on a keto diet I think.

Death Mammal likes this.
  11. Death Mammal

Death Mammal Fapstronaut

Haha agreed, if you're normal! I've out eaten basket ball players on eating contests. My capacity is probably beyond normal means, so I have to be mindful.

12. RealLifeGamer

Truth be told ketogenic diets can be helpful, it is even proven to work against certain cancer types, but still it´s a diet that is NOT socially adaptable. Eating ketogenic will make eating out with friends, birthdays, weddings, parties that much harder.

Omor Almamun likes this.
  13. diamondboi

diamondboi Banned

looks are everything. don't believe peoples lies.

Women are no different then men. I suggest focus on creating the most attractive version of yourself.

Learn to be rejected, and successful with women early on. Helps numb and desensitize you as you get older. Approach, and have fun.

14. Yeah but that's why you do it short term and then you eat basically normal food

15. RealLifeGamer

When you switch back to eating as before you will gain weight to the same level as before, logical not?

That´s why diets don´t work in general. For the time of dieting you lose your weight but when you stop dieting you gain it again.

That´s why I tell you to change your eating-style and eating habits in general to lose your weight for good!

16. RealLifeGamer

If women and men are exactly the same why do you think nature made 2 genders/sexes?

I am no friend of the "gender neutral" advocats because it´s disrespecting to BOTH men and women.
    Men and women are equal, but they are different. Physically and even mentally.
    It´s scientifically proven that their brains work different, mainly due to hormonal differences and things that happen during infancy.

No matter how much people say men and women are completely the same, theres no arguing with mother nature ;)

Men have the right to be proud to be men!
    And even more so in this times, women have the right to be proud to be women!

Omor Almamun likes this.
  17. Death Mammal

Death Mammal Fapstronaut

Celebrate the differences, celebrate the similarities. Equals don't mean the same, all of us measure as unassailable, regardless of gender.