1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

In addition to NoFap, I've decided to branch out to NoGames and NoDrinks as well!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Aaayron, May 10, 2016.

1. Aaayron

Aaayron Fapstronaut

So yes, I know they're silly names but bear with me. To give you guys a full context of things, I've been having a lot of fun with the whole NoFap challenge, resisting all these urges and benefiting greatly in my social life as a result and whatnot. So I've decided I wanna take it a step further and branch out into improving my own physical health.

Simply put, from this day on, I'm going cold turkey on video games and soft drinks. The former used to eat up a ton of my time back in the day (Imagine 5-6 hours straight...daily! Holy hell)and ended up making me feel super down and groggy whenever I finished (kinda like fapping really...), and I realized now that it was super detrimental to my own well-being, so I quit it. The latter's a big part of my life actually, since I'm not a drinker of alcoholic beverages (proud to say that I haven't had ONE beer my whole life haha!) and I drink Coke, Sprite, and Mountain Dew to make up for it. I realized this would be very detrimental to my insides and to my vocal chords (I'm in a choir actually) if taken at a regular basis, so I decided to stop this as well.

I've actually already been very much started into NoGames for a few weeks now actually since I've lost interest to boot up Counter Strike anymore (and don't plan to ever again), while I've just started NoDrinks earlier today and this marks day one of it. Nevertheless, I'll be fair and start them both at zero on my counters for them and set a goal for now. Wish me luck in this guys! :D

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. @Aaayron BOOM! Terrorists win! Time to blow up those bad habits! Good luck m8!

Aaayron likes this.
  3. Excellent choice my fine sir. I quit games to a few weeks back. And your teeth will thank you for cutting the supersaturated sugar/carbonic acid solution!

Aaayron likes this.
  4. Aaayron

Aaayron Fapstronaut

@Shugi Shugi Hahaha yeah! Affirmative my good sir :D

@Rubidium Haven't even thought about the benefits my teeth get from this haha! Thanks for the reminder man :) Speaking of which, I think I need to go brush now. I've been making sure to not forget brushing my teeth twice a day now to make up for the months on end back in summer vacation where I'd completely forget about it and whatnot (along with bathing even but that's another story; I also bathe regularly now don't worry lol).

5. Aaayron

Aaayron Fapstronaut

P.S I've decided I'll probably just incorporate this whole challenge thingy into my main NoFap journal (link's on my sig for anyone who wants to join me :p) and maybe mention it on the side or so. It gets tiring for me to type too much really haha.

6. Winston

Winston Guest

In addition, and in according to my case, i'll add NoInternet, as well.
    I made an exception for the emails (2 times a day), Facebook Messenger in standalone mode (https://www.messenger.com) because it's the only i have to chat with my wife who is in a hospital and NoFap and nothing more.

Aaayron likes this.
  7. Aaayron

Aaayron Fapstronaut

@Winston Oh damn that's still gonna be a toughie for me. I'll try and muster up some strength for it in the future hopefully...

Props to you though man! I'mma root for you :D

Winston likes this.
  8. Winston

Winston Guest

Thanks bro and again, "Bravo pour ton courage et ta décision" (yeah, i'm french).

Aaayron likes this.
  9. Aaayron

Aaayron Fapstronaut

That's great to know man :D I love how this place can unite so many different people around the globe. Thank you so much and I have to congratulate you as well :)