1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Competitive Programming or Coding in C/C++/Python?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by last_hope, Jun 22, 2016.

1. last_hope

last_hope Fapstronaut

Hello Guys! It would be really nice if we can engage ourselves in some highly productive activity! So is there anyone who is into Competitive Programming? Or just simply programming? I code in C/C++/Python. :)

2. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

I am not terribly interested in competitive programming, but am very interested in improving my programming skills generally. I am a bit of an odd bird in the sense that my primary language of choice is SQL and I'll end up essentially backing into languages like C#/C++/C and functional programming. If there isn't one already, it would be cool to have a coding/programming group. They may not be vocal, but I know there are a fair number of professionals on here who write code as a part of their career.

3. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

I hate how good programmers working for adult sites. all adult sites are created by professional programmers with high salary. when fucking talents put in a wrong place. business producers are the ones in charge for this stupidity

last_hope and Woo234 like this.
  4. infinitely_for_the_good

infinitely_for_the_good Fapstronaut

I don't program per se. I'm more of a sysadmin that can speak programming languages. Sure I can hammer out shell/Perl/Python/PHP as needed (which is quite often...), but more often than not, I'm rewriting someone else's code as a fix or a new feature. Any time I'm feeling rusty, I hit up one of the courses on either Udacity or Coursera. I *LOVE* how you can get undergrad and graduate-level courses for FREE.

So, what are we writing? =D

nfprogress likes this.
  5. Woo234

Woo234 Fapstronaut

Well I actually tried to get into Python but it was too hard for me. The syntax was what really put me off. I'm currently learning JavaScript, PHP, and HTML

6. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

Maybe put some feelers out for a NoFap style app of some kind? Something small enough in scope that it wouldn't take three years to make but that might benefit the community? Perhaps open source code hosted on github. I have never formally collaborated so I don't know how that sort of thing works.

VexedCoffee likes this.
  7. Ted Martin

Ted Martin Fapstronaut

Errr...what? LOL o_O

8. last_hope

last_hope Fapstronaut

What????? :p

9. HardReboot

HardReboot Fapstronaut

I am a java based portal programmer, mostly simply programming, but nowadays pulled into stuff like Java Performance, Distributed cache, multi programming and other related coding activities.

10. yousuff

yousuff Fapstronaut

Python is hard??? No, I believe that.

11. yousuff

yousuff Fapstronaut

I actually know couples of language; python, R, MATLAB, and Julia but Python is my primary language. I've been focusing to learn data structure and algorithm heavily as I believe without them CS and competitive programming is nothing. My specialty won't be solely CS but Bioinformatics; biology,CS, and Data science. Algorithm plays a huge part here as we have to wait couples of days to have result from a run of algorithm over some data.

12. last_hope

last_hope Fapstronaut

Do you practice in Codechef/Hackerearch etc.?

13. yousuff

yousuff Fapstronaut

I've been practicing on codefights since the starting of 2016. They seem to have some interesting people.